PDA

View Full Version : Sell your inventory games!! Read

jakeportnoy
04-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Alright, so I don't know if this has been put up before, but if it has, I'm sorry.

Lots of games, have an in game instant sell menu. For example, in Need For Speed, you can buy a car for $80,000, and then quicksell it for $60,000.

What If Steam had this, but with games. Say I pre-order a game on Steam, but then I trade it, for another game that is $60, but that $60 games has been on sale for $40.

Steam should have a quicksell option where you can basically give the $60 game to Steam, and Steam, in reward give you $40 Steam Wallet.

Just a thought.. I'm not sure why this even came into my head, but yeah.

Muffins21
04-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Yes me likey!

ASecondOpinion
04-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Because this is the real world, not Need For Speed?

All kinds of complications come into play when you end up trading in digital goods. But, the bottom line is... What does Valve have to gain by implementing such a thing?

The main idea now is to simply trade when you have for something you want...

dakoslug
04-11-2012, 05:46 PM
It may work for steam if it was like 1/3 the cost of how much the PERSON WHO BOUGHT IT, bought it for not how much the game is worth.

Tim Tebrow
04-11-2012, 05:51 PM
actually i thought about it, and its not a bad idea...
valve isnt "losing" money because they dont sell the disk, they sell an almost free download, so they can afford the temporary loss in "profit".
it still costs you far more money than the download is worth.
it wont happen because valve wont be making AS much money.

jakeportnoy
04-11-2012, 06:26 PM
It may work for steam if it was like 1/3 the cost of how much the PERSON WHO BOUGHT IT, bought it for not how much the game is worth.

33% is a little too much, but depending on the game.

If a game was on sale for $7.50, quicksell would be $5.00.

If a Pre-Ordered games was $50.00, quicksell = $40.00

ChrisW
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Valve is not selling you these games. The game publisher is selling it to you. Valve only gets some of the money you paid for the game as their fee...the rest goes to the game publisher. If Valve implemented such a feature, they would have to pay this money out of their own pockets. Therefore, there is a zero percent chance of this ever being implemented.

jchillin89
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM
You clearly didn't think this through.

jakeportnoy
04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
You clearly didn't think this through.

I did. It's not a bad idea. You're probably thinking that I'm referring to doing a quicksell on your games in your library.

No.

I'm talking about games in your inventory.

Also, for Team Fortress 2, you can sell keys at $1.50.. depending on your country.