PDA

View Full Version : Permadeath

SadGuy69
04-11-2012, 05:15 PM
is there any? cuz i would totally love to see a permadeath feature in this game, this game is just amazing, well worth the money.

spartan0078
04-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Some others are saying that those giant crystals will revive your dead party members. I haven't tested it myself yet though.

There's one on each level though.

SadGuy69
04-11-2012, 05:18 PM
i know about the crystals but i meant more like in dungeons of dredmore on wich the games forces you to start all over again if u die.

Freyar
04-11-2012, 05:46 PM
If your party is defeated, you are ejected to the main menu. Touching a blue crystal will save your progress though, so if you're looking for permadeath, be honest with yourself and delete saves in which you've died.

noremakk
04-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Combine permadeath with randomly generated, (albeit, if infeasible, puzzle-less) dungeons for that true roguelike feel. Maybe a minimap, too.

donmilliken
04-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Combine permadeath with randomly generated, (albeit, if infeasible, puzzle-less) dungeons for that true roguelike feel. Maybe a minimap, too.

Apparently a level editor is on the way. I don't see why a roguelike mode wouldn't be possible once that's available, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe if enough people request it.

Rymos
04-12-2012, 03:22 AM
You can save the game at any time dont even need a crystal

Lurpsukka
04-12-2012, 03:24 AM
is there any? cuz i would totally love to see a permadeath feature in this game, this game is just amazing, well worth the money.

Devs confirmed on the official forums that they're releasing hardcore permadeath mode soon after the release.

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=183

mechtech
04-12-2012, 03:27 AM
LoG just wouldn't work as a roguelike. dungeon crawlers are a totally different genre.

The fun in roguelikes are that there are 1000 different and often procedurally generated ways to die. In a dungeon crawler like Grimrock you die from puzzles and situations which are very predictable after the first encounter.

A 3d roguelike using the same engine and combat as LoG would be very fun, but it wouldn't be a simple mod, it would need to be a total conversion.

As is stands, permadeath wouldn't be fun. I even started the game only saving at level stones, but I've started to use some quicksaves because replaying the same puzzle sections is boring.

GhoXen
04-12-2012, 04:20 AM
You want perma-death? Just destroy your savegame when you die. Problem solved.