PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Keep VSync on

Scorcher24
04-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Otherwise it renders at an insane speed, heating the GPU unnecessarily and my pc sounded like an airplane. Didn't notice it first since I was caught in the game, but my temps went up pretty high without vsync. The game does not have any limiter as it seems.

One way to kill your GPU lol.
Hope this helps anyone.

Listen
04-11-2012, 09:43 PM
<--- Always has V-Sync on. In every PC game. Even if there isn't a way in-game to enable, I force that shiznit. That's right. I'm hardcore like that.

Scorcher24
04-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Well yeah, me too. But it is disabled by default and I did not look at the options.

Freyar
04-11-2012, 10:01 PM
I typically keep V-Sync off unless there's some reason to call for it. With the framerates unlocked (and my hardware being strong enough to apparently do awesome work with it), I put it on in an effort to ensure the cards wouldn't overheat.

Scorcher24
04-11-2012, 10:03 PM
I typically keep V-Sync off unless there's some reason to call for it. With the framerates unlocked (and my hardware being strong enough to apparently do awesome work with it), I put it on in an effort to ensure the cards wouldn't overheat.

Having more FPS than your monitor can display results in tearing.
And in case of Grimrock, you really don't need to render more than 200 Frames per second :D. There is no point.
You feel a difference between 30 FPS and 60, granted, but more than 120 FPS is useless^^ (in case you have a 120hz Monitor).

spartan0078
04-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah I turned it on as soon as I noticed my characters could potentially get whiplash from how fast turning was!

Sone games work better with v-sync off but this game works better with it on. :)

Freyar
04-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Having more FPS than your monitor can display results in tearing.
And in case of Grimrock, you really don't need to render more than 200 Frames per second :D. There is no point.
You feel a difference between 30 FPS and 60, granted, but more than 120 FPS is useless^^ (in case you have a 120hz Monitor).

Tearing wasn't an issue with it off. But I was concerned about the hardware. :P