PDA

View Full Version : EA accused of copying Warhammer 40k tank models for use in C&C Tiberium Alliances

JamieSI
04-12-2012, 01:18 AM
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/17545/ea-accused-of-copying-warhammer-40k-tank-models-for-use-in-cc-tiberium-alliances

Could it be true that EA are copying tank models from Warhammer 40k for use in its browser-based real-time strategy game Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances?

trojanrabbit.gg
04-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Baneblade (http://chicagoterrainfactory.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/baneblade-005.jpg)

Bombard tank (http://static.strategyinformer.com/r/game_images/thumbs/647x/0123/0024632.jpg)

Similar? Sure. Exact? Not by a long shot.

I could just as easily say they both crudely copied the Mark VII Tank (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100815012517/indianajones/images/8/8d/Tank.jpg). :p

Europhoria
04-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Looks like it to me.

AimHereToo
04-12-2012, 01:37 AM
I think we could safely say it's 90% similar.

Snorkel
04-12-2012, 01:40 AM
There are far more similarities than I'm comfortable with. I doubt it's a coincidence.

KRosen
04-12-2012, 01:43 AM
eh. don't actually care at this point.

Overclocker_
04-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Good artists copy, great artists steal.

Nothing new for EA, really.

MrUnderstanding
04-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Oof, that's awkward. Maybe it's a tribute that someone didn't quite think through.

If only there was some sort of...large tank, like, an elephant sized tank, perhaps named after a large animal to signify how large it is, from previous games that they could have used for a model. Hmm.

Bilateralrope
04-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Games Workshop is crazy about protecting their IP, no matter how angry 40k fans get about it. They have gone after fan made content before.

And EA have just made themselves a target for the GW lawyers. Sure, EA does have the money to just buy GW to end the lawsuit from them, but the licensing deal THQ/Relic got for 40k probably has some exclusivity terms that won't go away as easily.

My prediction: Whoever was stupid enough to copy 40k gets fired. The tank designs in Tiberium Alliance get changed to avoid this issue. Some money heads in GWs direction as EA quickly settles this.

Snorkel
04-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Yeah, no doubt the GW lawyers are already in motion.

Beholda
04-12-2012, 04:18 AM
Well to be honest... who wouldn't want to copy the Baneblade?

drgnzach
04-12-2012, 04:24 AM
Maybe EA's artists were Chinese.

Dont compare chinese people to EA. NOBODY deserves to be called EA.

FreemanForPrez
04-12-2012, 04:50 AM
Since it's EA, more than likely they copied them.

For that matter, I'm sure they did something even worse, like kidnapped the original designers and forced them to do it for them, while threatening to kill their children, knock up their sisters, and kick their cats if they didn't cooperate.

Dazzled
04-12-2012, 05:01 AM
EA/Bioware have used stock images for ME3(Tali's face, ending screen and etc). It's not a big stretch for them to outright steal the design of something that is not in the public domain.

How can they have such overinflated budgets yet not create their own art assets I do not understand. Probably a manager embezzles the funds.

FreemanForPrez
04-12-2012, 05:07 AM
Probably a manager embezzles the funds.

Oh that goes without saying. I bet he also robs banks as well as steals money from orphans and homeless charities.

Dazzled
04-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Oh that goes without saying. I bet he also robs banks as well as steals money from orphans and homeless charities.

You have masterfully managed to divert attention from the fact that
- EA has used other peoples art for their own projects without paying them.
- they have huge budgets yet their games lack even basic features that indie titles manage to include. It's as if some of the money is simply swallowed by a black hole... or someone's pocket.

I am frankly amazed and in awe of your deceitful skills. :rolleyes:

real4xor
04-12-2012, 05:35 AM
meh, isn`t EA entitled to all warfare objects since they published Battlefield and MoH? :p

They certainly thought they were also entitled to all the FIFA IP`s. And Madden NFL.

Lethal_Sting
04-12-2012, 05:36 AM
If only there was some sort of...large tank, like, an elephant sized tank, perhaps named after a large animal to signify how large it is, from previous games that they could have used for a model. Hmm.

Is it weird that this (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m7B6Bz_fAiA/S8z-LEq6MdI/AAAAAAAAB_o/ncKp08nFGss/s1600/IceAge.png) is the first thing that popped in my mind?

drgnzach
04-12-2012, 05:37 AM
SOLUTION: Stop buying from EA, and urge other people not to as well. Worst case scenario, you dont get to be disapointed by the next game in a series you like.

skiddlywibble
04-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Good artists copy, great artists steal.

Nothing new for EA, really.

The great artists tend to mix things up with their own innovation, too. I don't see any of that in this design.

Zero_Vector
04-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Baneblade (http://chicagoterrainfactory.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/baneblade-005.jpg)

Bombard tank (http://static.strategyinformer.com/r/game_images/thumbs/647x/0123/0024632.jpg)

Similar? Sure. Exact? Not by a long shot.

I could just as easily say they both crudely copied the Mark VII Tank (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100815012517/indianajones/images/8/8d/Tank.jpg). :p

Do you realize that your second picture shows both tanks? The Baneblade in your first link is a newer model. I don't see how either of them look like that ancient Mark 7.

But it's not as if this is the first time games companies have been "inspired" by Games Workshop. Blizzard.

ONe mOMENT
04-12-2012, 05:52 AM
So. Don't see any of you on here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2434525&highlight=40k) calling Streum On Studio out on copying a 40k model? funny that.

FreemanForPrez
04-12-2012, 05:56 AM
- they have huge budgets yet their games lack even basic features that indie titles manage to include. It's as if some of the money is simply swallowed by a black hole... or someone's pocket.

I haven't masterfully done anything - well at least not yet today. :D

'twas just sarcasm from someone who's getting sick of the daily EA bashing around here.
And I'm not sure about my "deceitful skills" that you allege. Really, that comment makes no sense. I would also add that your entire reply above seems to be out of context...

Of course, what makes this so beautiful is you seem to resent my sarcasm, when , for all intents and purposes, I was agreeing with your prior assessment of an unnamed EA manager: "Probably a manager embezzles the funds."

:D

Dazzled
04-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Let's play find the differences between the Grinder tank and the Bonecruncha.
(http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/12/oh-dear-cc-tiberium-alliances-may-have-borrowed/)
there aren't any

People defending EA is my personal berzerk button. When you've seen dozens of your favourite childhood game series be systematically destroyed it tends to prejudice you.

2560x1600@120hz
04-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Good old Evil Arts.

Bikes
04-12-2012, 06:14 AM
meh, isn`t EA entitled to all warfare objects since they published COD? :p

They certainly thought they were also entitled to all the FIFA IP`s. And Madden NFL.

Cod is activision, Ea has battlefield
Also what kind of real tank has a spiked roller in front of it =P

GirlPower23
04-12-2012, 06:29 AM
The Grinder looks nearly identical to the Bonecruncha. The Bombard tank has a lot of similarities but I wouldn't call it identical. Definitely someone stealing from Games Workshop. Inc lawsuit, that is knowing Games Workshop.

lazy6pyro
04-12-2012, 06:45 AM

The only thing that could be considered theft would be the Tali face, but that was taken from a stock photo subscription service, meaning the only way to get access to an unwatermarked photo at high res was to pay the subscription fee. The image was also listed as royalty-free (there's a difference between free and royalty-free). Also given that EA credited the stock resource, it's unlikely that any theft was committed.

I will also say that there isn't a game developer that doesn't use stock resources with or without attribution. In the past I've dug up items from Valve, Ubisoft, Nexon and others. It's the reason why stock resources exist, and is actually validation if a "pro" finds them useful. In all of the resource sites I visit places like CGTextures, 3D.SK (human anatomy reference), environment-textures, 3D Total all champion testimonials from studios (games, film, VFX, architecture) that use their resources...especially if it's one of the big ones.

Your running into the same wall that others have. Inspiration isn't theft and nor does it always need payment. It may be copyright infringement if the Baneblade was itself copyrighted. AFAIK Games Workshop only goes after fans and others that specifically want to use the 40K universe. If EA/Phenomic get sued out of the ballpark, then so be it, if not (as others have posted) people take inspiration from 40K all the time, change a few things and rebrand it. It's the nature of being a "product".

Zero_Vector
04-12-2012, 07:12 AM
So. Don't see any of you on here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2434525&highlight=40k) calling Streum On Studio out on copying a 40k model? funny that.

Cause I never leave OT.

"Someone else did it." is not a great defence.

SmellyLethality
04-12-2012, 08:18 AM

Because they're not EA, of course. So, it's not worthy of mentioning in OT. >.>

Europhoria
04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Since it's EA, more than likely they copied them.

For that matter, I'm sure they did something even worse, like kidnapped the original designers and forced them to do it for them, while threatening to kill their children, knock up their sisters, and kick their cats if they didn't cooperate.

You forgot the part where their operations are funded by Mexican drug lords who happen to have their very own moat full of electric eels.

real4xor
04-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Cause I never leave OT.

"Someone else did it." is not a great defence.

But it`s quite a common one.

alehm
04-12-2012, 10:52 AM
These types of accusations are ridiculus. What if both games had toast in it? "OMG EA copied Warhammer's toast. Look it's a slice of bread and both sides are toasted brown. Clearly ripping them off."

Like the CS:GO claims Valve ripped off... um.. Valve with L4D. "OMG look in CS:GO there is a gas station connected to a street. In L4D there was a gas station connected to a street."

MADDOGGE
04-12-2012, 11:05 AM
So are these tanks based off real tanks or are they fantasy totally made up tanks. If real, then duh of course they will be near identical. If not, I'll blame EA just because I can.:cool:

There are really only so many ways to build a functional tank. It's not like they are cars with all kinds of unique body styles. Oh wait most all current cars looks basically alike these days. The car makers are stealing styles from each other. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

snownation
04-12-2012, 12:15 PM
There was a similar incident with Valve and id software, about HL2 and Doom using the same textures.

Probably designed by the same company.

wychunter
04-12-2012, 12:30 PM
But it`s quite a common one.

A lot of people drink and drive. That doesn't make it right.

IcarusNine
04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
This news about EA is only news because EA is in the news.

So are these tanks based off real tanks or are they fantasy totally made up tanks. If real, then duh of course they will be near identical. If not, I'll blame EA just because I can.:cool:

Fantasy totally made up tanks.

In any case, this has less to do with EA and more to do with the numbskulls they hired to develop the game who couldn't come up with their own tank designs. (C&C already has its own rich history of tank designs to borrow from.) It's also easily fixed, especially given the nature of the browser game.

videogames10
04-12-2012, 12:51 PM
EA: Who, us? Stealing tank models? That's ridiculous. We don't need to steal no stinking tank models. We take great pride in our own in-house tank model designs, thus, the tank model office of our legal department (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M) has been working diligently to quell these unfounded and inflammatory accusations.

BobT36
04-12-2012, 12:55 PM

There are really only so many ways to build a functional tank. It's not like they are cars with all kinds of unique body styles. Oh wait most all current cars looks basically alike these days. The car makers are stealing styles from each other. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Not looked at the pics have you? One has a huge grinding cylinder on the front, hardly realistic. Oh and its an EXACT replica of the warhammer one. :P

Also, DIRECTLY COPYING AND ADDING MINOR PHOTOSHOPPING TO A STOCK PHOTO IMAGE IS NOT "INSPIRATION". Yes they were entitled to the image due to their subscription, but it was effing lazy considering their budget and resources, and VERY low. Also this is freaking Tali we're talking about, they really thought fans wouldn't notice and/or care of the ♥♥♥♥ty work?

Oh yeah the ending image was also "Inspired" from one on DeviantArt, of all places...

Sgt.Gotee
04-12-2012, 12:59 PM
There was a similar incident with Valve and id software, about HL2 and Doom using the same textures.

Probably designed by the same company.

I know there are sound licensing and texture licensing, but I've not heard of games using stock models for important pieces in a game; especially not to this level of similarity.

You can imagine there a few people who will be getting the axe after Games Workshop descend upon EA.

Joker One
04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Stop buying from EA and tell them to add in some creativity to their projects.

Stop buying from Games Workshop so they lower their ridiculous prices.

Dazzled
04-12-2012, 02:02 PM

I'll give you some slack because you're obviously ignorant. GW does not make realistic tanks. It takes a WWI tank and adds dozens of cannons, several additional sponsons and makes it huge as a house for the small ones and larger than a battleship for the elite ones. And that's the human tanks, Chaos tends to add all manner of tentacles and toothed orifices and grinning sphincters to them.

So yes the GW designed tanks are quite distinctive so it's really obvious when EA blatantly copies them.

Shadoww0lf
04-12-2012, 02:18 PM
A single individual's actions should not be blamed on the company.

Snorkel
04-12-2012, 02:33 PM

Well that's pretty blatant too. Not sure what you're getting at though. I think the only reason we weren't is because we hadn't heard about it.

So are these tanks based off real tanks or are they fantasy totally made up tanks.

Made up tanks.

I think the "Bonecruncha" isn't an official model that GW sold. It looks like a model that someone modded themselves for 40K Epic from parts from assorted other models (like the Blood Bowl Dwarf Deathroller). So...there's a remote possibility that the person who modded it actually works for the EA design team now and it was his idea in the first place. Hahahaha I somehow doubt it!

Or the person who ripped it off didn't bother changing anything at all from this model because he thought it wouldn't get recognised. Whereas the Baneblade at least has a few minor changes to make it look a little different.

GW does not make realistic tanks. It takes a WWI tank and adds dozens of cannons, several additional sponsons and makes it huge as a house for the small ones and larger than a battleship for the elite ones. And that's the human tanks, Chaos tends to add all manner of tentacles and toothed orifices and grinning sphincters to them.

Don't forget the skull motifs that GW put all over...well everything :D

Spaceguy5
04-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Heaven forbid artists gather inspiration from existing sources! *OH LE NO* Sure, they're very similar, but whatever. It's not like the Warhammer artists didn't copy inspiration from existing sources.

Bud042
04-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Heaven forbid artists gather inspiration from existing sources! *OH LE NO* Sure, they're very similar, but whatever. It's not like the Warhammer artists didn't copy inspiration from existing sources.

There's inspiration and then there's stealing :rolleyes:

Bilateralrope
04-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Stop buying from Games Workshop so they lower their ridiculous prices.
GW will never stop raising their prices, let alone lower them.
I wouldn't be surprised to find that at least one GW exec is trying to ruin the company, but keeps failing at it.

Spaceguy5
04-12-2012, 03:21 PM
But they aren't completely identical. Very very very similar (perhaps a bit too much for a major company like EA <_<), but not identical.

Though, in the real (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_%28spacecraft%29) world outside (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-4) of the entertainment industry, this kind of copying (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_can) is quite common.

Also, if you look at how many forms of entertainment make VERY similar copies of realistic vehicles/aircraft/spacecraft (sometimes with few or no modifications).... why is it that people don't complain about that? They pretty much did the same thing.

Bud042
04-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Copying real things is just being realistic. Copying something that somebody else came up with on their own/modified on their own is just being uncreative and stealing somebody else's idea. I mean, I get how the two are similar, but still.

Zero_Vector
04-12-2012, 03:33 PM
But they aren't completely identical.

Well that's good to know for when I release my new FPS games called Two-Thirds-Life where you play as the silent protagonist Gorden Freemann who is a chemist and he goes around killing aliens who teleported into his lab due to a "Reverberance Cascade".

FreemanForPrez
04-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Well that's good to know for when I release my new FPS games called Two-Thirds-Life where you play as the silent protagonist Gorden Freemann who is a chemist and he goes around killing aliens who teleported into his lab due to a "Reverberance Cascade".

If you release an episode 3 nobody will care if you stole the idea. ;)

Zero_Vector
04-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Well actually after the first couple of games I was planning to focus more on selling electronic hats.

Goldenhog
04-12-2012, 03:44 PM

Oh oh oh, let me do the expansion "Attracting Force" starring an DPBU(Dangerous Places Battle Unit) soldier called Adrien Jepard!

Spaceguy5
04-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh oh oh, let me do the expansion "Attracting Force" starring an DPBU(Dangerous Places Battle Unit) soldier called Adrien Jepard!

Is he related to Lt. Jepard from Force Affect?

KogFU
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
EA/Bioware have used stock images for ME3(Tali's face, ending screen and etc). It's not a big stretch for them to outright steal the design of something that is not in the public domain.

How can they have such overinflated budgets yet not create their own art assets I do not understand. Probably a manager embezzles the funds.

lmao I was just gonna post that.

Sjael
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM

I found this hilarious, since WH40K actually has a tank (somewhat) based on that - the Leman Russ.

wychunter
04-12-2012, 05:08 PM

Most Imperial Guard tanks (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440252a&rootCatGameStyle=) are based off that chassis.

SmellyLethality
04-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Truth be told, there's only so many ways to remake a tank.

Snorkel
04-12-2012, 05:13 PM

This is true, but when it has this much fine detail and many more similarities than differences...I would find it hard to imagine it being a fluke.

http://static.strategyinformer.com/r/game_images/thumbs/647x/0123/0024632.jpg

Just in case there's a misunderstanding, the tank at the top of this image is the TA one, the one at the bottom is the GW model from the 90s.

Bilateralrope
04-12-2012, 05:53 PM

Only if you care about the tank making sense. For the most part, GW doesn't. Remember, 40k is a setting where chainsaw axes* are considered a serious weapon.

Then you have Orks, which explicitly defy the laws of physics that everyone else in 40k follows. For example, if an Ork paints his vehicle red, it will go faster.

*Axes work best with solid blows. Chainsaws work best when you keep them pressed against what you want cut. Not to mention problems like the chain motor trying to yank it out of your hands if the teeth get stuck in something.

SmellyLethality
04-12-2012, 05:58 PM
This is true, but when it has this much fine detail and many more similarities than differences...I would find it hard to imagine it being a fluke.

http://static.strategyinformer.com/r/game_images/thumbs/647x/0123/0024632.jpg

Just in case there's a misunderstanding, the tank at the top of this image is the TA one, the one at the bottom is the GW model from the 90s.

Oh, I wasn't referring to this case in particular. I'm talking about the one comparing other tanks to other tanks with similarities.

I mean, to be honest, the last "original" tank that didn't look like a real tank but was plausible was the one from Halo. Four treads that pivot rather than a pair of static treads. I liked that design, and am curious how well that would work in real life for climbing over uneven terrain.

MADDOGGE
04-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Not looked at the pics have you? One has a huge grinding cylinder on the front, hardly realistic. Oh and its an EXACT replica of the warhammer one. :P

Yeah I did. I didn't ask about them being alike. I asked if a real tank was the inspiration. If it had been then they likely would look similar. No need to be nasty about it.

Made up tanks.

Thank you dear. Some people still have manners

Well that's good to know for when I release my new FPS games called Two-Thirds-Life where you play as the silent protagonist Gorden Freemann who is a chemist and he goes around killing aliens who teleported into his lab due to a "Reverberance Cascade".I'll buy it if it has FoV adjustment, no mouse smoothing or acceleration , mouse run UI, quick save, multiple save slots, full resolution and aspect ratio adjustments, no motion blur, no QTE button pushing crap, no nasty controller promps, no do not turn off your rig while saving notifications.;);)

BadBeat
04-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I'll buy it if it has FoV adjustment, no mouse smoothing or acceleration , mouse run UI, quick save, multiple save slots, full resolution and aspect ratio adjustments, no motion blur, no QTE button pushing crap, no nasty controller promps, no do not turn off your rig while saving notifications.;);)

Pfff, as though *anyone* makes games like that. I think you're living in a fantasy world. :P Vastly more unrealistic than a Baneblade.

KnownUnknown
04-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Games Workshop are about a litigious as a company can get, but if EA did a straight copy, I'll allow GW the right to sue. :p

Speaking of suing, when are GW going to go after Blizzard for blatantly ripping off Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40K for all of their video game IPs?

IcarusNine
04-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Speaking of suing, when are GW going to go after Blizzard for blatantly ripping off Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40K for all of their video game IPs?

Because they aren't yet done suing Dungeons & Dragons and Starship Troopers yet.

Europhoria
04-12-2012, 11:28 PM

Yeah but the the tanks are virtually carbon copies of each other. Plus who makes their tanks using rivets these days?

Snorkel
04-16-2012, 11:07 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/14/treadful-mistank-ea-explains-tiberium-alliances-tanks/

In a statement to GameSpot, EA wrote the whole situation off as a big misunderstanding.

“Games Workshop and EA are aware of the IP issues around the artwork in question, which have now been resolved. The artwork was internal EA concept art that was unintentionally released publicly. No Warhammer 40,000 tanks have ever made an appearance in Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances, and never will. Games Workshop and EA continue to have a strong relationship working together on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and the new free to play game Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes which just entered open beta.”

Hmmmmmm

BadBeat
04-16-2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/14/treadful-mistank-ea-explains-tiberium-alliances-tanks/

In a statement to GameSpot, EA wrote the whole situation off as a big misunderstanding.

“Games Workshop and EA are aware of the IP issues around the artwork in question, which have now been resolved. The artwork was internal EA concept art that was unintentionally released publicly. No Warhammer 40,000 tanks have ever made an appearance in Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances, and never will. Games Workshop and EA continue to have a strong relationship working together on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and the new free to play game Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes which just entered open beta.”

Hmmmmmm

There's nothing in that statement, that I can see, that indicates that EA thinks this was a misunderstanding.

First thing they say basically implies that there were unresolved IP issues about it.

Next it states that the mistake wasn't the blatant copyright infringment, but that people found out about it.

Next it's "You'll never see any WH40K tanks in our game (now that we've been rumbled)".

Then finally a bunch of unrelated BS.

It's all well-meaning sound crap, that doesn't actually state the creation of the concept art was a mistake/misunderstanding/whatever. Probably because they don't want someone calling them out for lying, on the offchance that whoever made it comes forward.

chaplain_wu
04-17-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm more concerning of EA trying to resurrect C&C franchise.

It's like necromancy because you're sick of pummelling corpses.

IcarusNine
04-17-2012, 02:25 AM
It's all well-meaning sound crap, that doesn't actually state the creation of the concept art was a mistake/misunderstanding/whatever. Probably because they don't want someone calling them out for lying, on the offchance that whoever made it comes forward.

There's nothing wrong with making plagiarized concept art. Apart from that it's a rather silly waste of development time and you should never, ever release it to the public because... Well, you know.

Snorkel
04-17-2012, 02:40 AM
IS it normal practice to do that with concept art I wonder? I would have thought that even at the concept stage that they'd want everything to be original?

I really don't know how these design processes work, so I'm speculating, but it sounds weird to me.

Still, can't help wondering if there's an art department person who's out of a job right now, despite the PR speech.

Dazzled
04-17-2012, 03:54 AM
Oh come on are you really dumb enough to believe that the art they used to advertise the game was merely concept art that got released by mistake? It was released intentionally months ago and people on forums noted the similarity immediately. It simply took this long for it to finally become "news".

They got caught now they lie that it was only a simple innocent misunderstanding.

Snorkel
04-17-2012, 04:02 AM
Stranger things have happened.

I think it's likely that they're not being entirely honest. But I'm not just going to assume out of hand that they're being utterly dishonest. We don't have any solid evidence either way, so it's just a case of "well here's their response", and from there we're only guessing.

IcarusNine
04-17-2012, 04:43 AM
All sorts of things get released unintentionally, especially if they don't have any glaring errors to be spotted by the completely uninformed (or uninformable) marketing department. Plus, complaining this much about concept art is a special form of... of... something

However, if we were to, let's say, find an actually playable in-game unit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OzLdAQEFpQ&feature=relmfu) that looks mighty familiar to aforementioned concept art, we might have an actually valid excuse to vent our frustration over Mass Effect 3's ending.

Except that I don't play the ME series, so my interest is passing at best.