PDA

View Full Version : Yep - Not playing this anymore

xandramas
04-12-2012, 04:42 PM
So I got to about lvl 12 or so and felt like going back to town because I was getting bored and wanted to spend my gold that I accrued. So I get the message you'll lose dungeon progress and I felt oh well i'll start from lvl 1 whatever. I go to town and my money is gone.

I will not be playing the game anymore because of this. Its completely ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ that after you leave your dungeon you lose everything and the first world is too damned long. 5, maybe 10 levels is enough. More than that in the first dungeon and it makes the game not entertaining. Either way I feel like I wasted my money.

Gaspard
04-15-2012, 07:35 AM
That's what I thought when I played Wizorb for the first time. Took me a while to realize that the worlds itself aren't that hard, I just did it wrong.
There's only one item shop in the town anyway and it doesn't have more than the shops you can enter within the worlds so there's no reason to go back at all. In fact, you can play through the whole game without going to the city without making this game any harder.
Edit:
You should also check this thread:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2604943

ZeppMan217
04-24-2012, 11:14 PM
So I got to about lvl 12 or so and felt like going back to town because I was getting bored and wanted to spend my gold that I accrued. So I get the message you'll lose dungeon progress and I felt oh well i'll start from lvl 1 whatever. I go to town and my money is gone.

I will not be playing the game anymore because of this. Its completely ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ that after you leave your dungeon you lose everything and the first world is too damned long. 5, maybe 10 levels is enough. More than that in the first dungeon and it makes the game not entertaining. Either way I feel like I wasted my money.
Man, do I agree! These god damn stages just take too long to complete.

Arg! Zombies
05-07-2012, 12:14 AM
So you acknowledged that it wasn't going to save your progress and then quit anyway. Well done, dude.

KJAZZ
05-18-2012, 06:40 PM
The best thing about this post is that the worlds are twelve levels long. How much time did you lose? Ten minutes? OH NO. Do it again.

graspee
07-06-2012, 11:33 AM
So you acknowledged that it wasn't going to save your progress and then quit anyway. Well done, dude.

He thought (as I would myself) that it wouldn't save his dungeon progress and he'd have to start from level one of the dungeon, not that all his gold would disappear. That doesn't make sense.

Travis182
07-07-2012, 12:51 AM
I don't understand why games don't let you save more often. I realize it's a retro game, but we don't have to pretend I'm playing an NES. Let us save! I don't always have an hour to sit down and play uninterrupted.

alexrdavies
07-07-2012, 04:41 AM
If you just quit the game altogether (while saving!) then it will re-start you on the same screen - with all your power-ups, gold and story progress.

[you do lose your current score, though, so you can't use this to cheat on the leaderboards.]

Just either
(i) return to town briefly after every dungeon; or
(ii) don't use the 'return to town' option from within a dungeon.

celestialokami
07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I agree, levels are too hard because they are too long, and its too easy to just lose a ball for a tiny simple mistake or because enemy ricochet is unpredictable. I dont like lose 20 mins of progress when I'm at x-10 and having to do it all again with nothing saved. You may say 'boo-hoo cry some more', but all I'm stating is my preference. It adds unnecessary repetition to the game instead of content and doesn't appeal to how I would want to play. This is definitely not a causal game either. A good player could get by on skill, and a bad one through force of retry. This sort of style doesn't improve the former's experience and shuts out the latter from enjoying the game.

Edit -- Wow, just found out the keyboard controls suck and the mouse is responsive. I thought this was a 360 game, I can't imagine playing this with such slow controls.