PDA

View Full Version : Healing crystal cooldown interval

FydaSinmara
04-12-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't know how much people care about spoiling the mechanics. Just putting this here in case anyone else was wondering the same:

Healing crystals appear to take about 40 "ticks" to become usable again. The exact number may be somewhere between 30 and 40.

When resting, each time your party members' health and/or energy goes up, that's one "tick". (I don't have a better name for this unit of time, at least until someone figures out how much time is accelerated when resting, based on how long it takes to regen while awake. That's assuming regen works the same way in both modes.)

I tested this by standing in front of a usable crystal, using the crystal, casting the fireball spell a few times to hurt the party, and then resting. While resting, I counted the ticks, and periodically woke the party to check if the crystal was usable again.

I'm not sure if this is always true, though, or if other actions (e.g. having a party member die, killing a monster, levelling up, walking around) might also affect the cooldown. For example, I've run around a level for what seemed like much less time, and come back to find the crystal usable again.

Might be useful to know this when deciding whether it's worth running back to a crystal. I misjudged this in the past, and ended up trapped and dying next to an unusable crystal. :eek:

dave_
04-13-2012, 01:33 AM
Thanks, that's not really too terrible as a spoiler, and something I wanted to know, as I thought they might be a one-use-only item.

acrh2
04-13-2012, 01:42 AM
I don't know how much people care about spoiling the mechanics. Just putting this here in case anyone else was wondering the same:

Healing crystals appear to take about 40 "ticks" to become usable again. The exact number may be somewhere between 30 and 40.

When resting, each time your party members' health and/or energy goes up, that's one "tick". (I don't have a better name for this unit of time, at least until someone figures out how much time is accelerated when resting, based on how long it takes to regen while awake. That's assuming regen works the same way in both modes.)

I tested this by standing in front of a usable crystal, using the crystal, casting the fireball spell a few times to hurt the party, and then resting. While resting, I counted the ticks, and periodically woke the party to check if the crystal was usable again.

I'm not sure if this is always true, though, or if other actions (e.g. having a party member die, killing a monster, levelling up, walking around) might also affect the cooldown. For example, I've run around a level for what seemed like much less time, and come back to find the crystal usable again.

Might be useful to know this when deciding whether it's worth running back to a crystal. I misjudged this in the past, and ended up trapped and dying next to an unusable crystal. :eek:

How long is this in real time?
Did you not time it?

I Haz Waffle
04-13-2012, 02:30 AM
How long is this in real time?
Did you not time it?

This. LoG doesnt run in "ticks", it runs in real time. If there an enemy attacking yo and you just sit there, hes not waiting for you, hes going to kill you! I dont think the "ticks" would be a reliable resource, because waiting, fighting, walking, anything that passes time will make it closer, so when you sleep theres only 40-x ticks left, x being the ticks that you spent since you last used it. Would help if someone figured out how much sleeping accelerates time.