PDA

View Full Version : Career problem

hermannk1
04-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Seems to me as if Flight does not recognise any Aerocaches or other Career successes. When loading Flight it always gives to "Failed to Read from File" errors concerning Carer2.bin and Career3.bin
No Aerocaches are recorded and I got to start all over again each time. Gets rather annoying!:mad:

ScruffyDuck
04-12-2012, 11:40 PM
You might want to check this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/announcement.php?f=1376

A fix is under way....

Jon
ScruffyDuck Software
Microsoft MVP

bastila13091
04-13-2012, 09:12 AM
You might want to check this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/announcement.php?f=1376

A fix is under way....

Jon
ScruffyDuck Software
Microsoft MVP

This is a totally different issue. It might seem like its the save sync bug, but its something local to him

@OP, try postin in the support forums. I've seen quicker responses from mods there.

delafina
04-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Moved to suppport.

Loki MS Flight
04-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Seems to me as if Flight does not recognise any Aerocaches or other Career successes. When loading Flight it always gives to "Failed to Read from File" errors concerning Carer2.bin and Career3.bin
No Aerocaches are recorded and I got to start all over again each time. Gets rather annoying!:mad:

So, I am unsure if this is a case of two things going wrong at same time, or if it is all one issue. The Aerocaches not saving is a known issue we are releasing a fix for, as is the exp issue. The Failed to read careerx.bin files is, some other animal. Could you answer a few questions for me?

Do you have Auto Login enabled for your LIVE account? Yes/No
Do you have an Anti-Virus that uses active protection? Yes/No
If Yes, what Anti-Virus program do you use?

greenman42
04-13-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem but with no error messages. Every time I start the game, the aerocaches I've picked up are cleared out as not being found yet.

bastila13091
04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem but with no error messages. Every time I start the game, the aerocaches I've picked up are cleared out as not being found yet.

Thats a different issue than what OP is stating. Yours is the save sync bug. OP's is a file bug.

ARDTechnoboy
04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Do you have Auto Login enabled for your LIVE account? Yes/No
Do you have an Anti-Virus that uses active protection? Yes/No
If Yes, what Anti-Virus program do you use?

Same error for me. Unable to read ....../careerX.bin.
I searched for the file after playing - not found.
I searched for the file with the game running - not found
Free flight is OK.

1. yes, it's enabled
2. yes, who doesn't? Avira AntiVir. But there is nothing in it's log.

Windows XP Pro x64 SP2 - if it is necessary

Greetings
Tec|-|

SamYeager
04-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Windows XP Pro x64 SP2 - if it is necessary

Regrettably this is not supported by Flight AFAIK and is probably what is causing your problem. :( Only Win XP x32 is supported in addition to Vista and 7.

bastila13091
04-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Regrettably this is not supported by Flight AFAIK and is probably what is causing your problem. :( Only Win XP x32 is supported in addition to Vista and 7.

Where do you see that? On the steam page it says that 64-bit Win 7 is recommended. I run it on that just not on SP2.

ARDTechnoboy
04-14-2012, 10:44 AM
I know, XP 64 is no longer in MSfts mind.

I can not imagine, that this is the problem. I can play, i can save the free flight and reload it. It would be nice to know the TO's operating system. I would bet that this is not WinXP Pro x64.
IMHO there are not much individuals who are using this at home.

ARDTechnoboy
04-14-2012, 12:55 PM
BTW: NOW my free flight files are missing too.

Deleted MS FF for now.

jeffpaul1234
04-14-2012, 04:11 PM
It seems I lost about 50 Awards...

I have Flight loaded on 3 computers...

each computer shows a different total XP...

I have roughly 1.5 million XP but only about 1.4 million listed...

Achievements are ok... (generally) but I should have received XP Grinder on all 3 machines (all Windows 7 64bit) only one has XP Grinder awarded...
all 3 computers using Norton 360
Hope the Pach will fix all these problems.

jeffpaul1234
04-15-2012, 09:18 AM
What is weird about the loss of the Awards is that they were some of the first I received - Hamburger Flight, First Flight... Comet Chaser... Ukulalale, etc. they're all gone..

I'm not going to re-do them (If I decide to re-do them...)

until we get a patch that hopefullllly will fix these issues.

bastila13091
04-15-2012, 09:55 AM
It should fix the problem because that sounds like the save sync bug.

stonelance
04-15-2012, 11:48 AM
There should be a patch this week to fix the stats not getting saved onto the server.

I have seen users report occasionally losing their career progress after a crash. Unfortunately the fact that things are not being saved onto the server is compounding the effects of this issue. Normally it would only cause mission completion to be lost, but due to the fact that the rest of the stats are not saved to the server right now, it is causing everything to be lost.

I have also seen users report that every startup their career files are reported as corrupt, and they lose their status. This is a known issue on XP 64bit, which is not supported by GFWL, and therefore not by Flight.