PDA

View Full Version : Game will not even work

Nepablizzard
04-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Bought the game on Steam and from the first time I started it up it will not work properly. All I get is a black screen with what I presume to be the main menu music playing in the background. I then have to shut my power off as I cannot exit out of it by CTRL,ALT,DELETE. Also I recieve no error messages that might give me an indication of what the problem could be.

Any help would be appreciated as I am at a loss of what to do next.

Acidic
04-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Try a fresh re install, won't take long :)

wobbly
04-13-2012, 02:08 PM
I had a few problems like yours but I solved them by doing this,
restart steam
verify integrity of game cache

the paradox forums also have some more in depth solutions and turbo tape games are answering tec questions so you might want to try there.
good luck

a6yss
04-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Bought the game on Steam and from the first time I started it up it will not work properly. All I get is a black screen with what I presume to be the main menu music playing in the background. I then have to shut my power off as I cannot exit out of it by CTRL,ALT,DELETE. Also I recieve no error messages that might give me an indication of what the problem could be.

If you've got Win7, try editing your *DOCUMENTS*\MyGames\Naval War Arctic Circle\NWACPrefs.ini file. Find the section that says [Display]
FullScreen=True
RefreshRate=57
ScreenHeight=<whatever>
ScreenWidth=<whatever>

Change the True to False to make the game windowed, and set the ScreenHeight and ScreenWidth to something more standard like 1280x1024. That should get you into the game so that you can set the graphic options the way you like. **As always, make a copy of any .ini file before you change it!**

jimrad1
04-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Ive had this experience with other games, and it tends to always be video card drivers. I would make sure you have the most up to date drivers installed.

The other good possibility is listed in the previous post which may be resolution related. That is solid advice regarding modifying the ini file for the game. Some games also require the same desktop resolution as the in game settings.

Lastly, not sure where I saw this last occurring but it was recent and could very well have been this title. I just had to ALT TAB out of the game and reenter it and all was well. Ive had a few games going this week and this happened then, and Naval Warfare was one of the possible games that I may have had issues with this.

Hidden Gunman
04-30-2012, 05:55 AM
Before uninstalling or reinstalling, check your security suite...check that the game exe and steam exe files are 'allowed' in both your general access and firewall exclusions. That worked for me, all I need to do now is to have the map and video actually work and it will be a goer.

For some reason everything freezes on the map, and 3d view, but the game is still running.