PDA

View Full Version : GfWLive ID Login Error

Jolyon
04-13-2012, 09:40 PM
In Flight, LIVE connects and fails to download profile.
"The LIVE service may be unavailable, or there may be an issue with your home networking equipment or firewall."
(Login with Games for Windows Marketplace works perfectly)
Event Viewer, Windows Application log:
Warning 1: xlive.dll 0x80150002
Warning 2: xlive.dll 0x8015190e
(Warnings mention C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll - but this is incorrect, as xlive.dll is actually in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory)
Have tried (temporarily) disabling Firewall, AV, adding DMZ in router, and checked MTUs, all to no avail.
(It is connecting, in some sense - as a wrong password fails, and a correct one gets to "downloading profile" before dying with message above)
Any other suggestions?

Loki MS Flight
04-16-2012, 10:49 AM
In Flight, LIVE connects and fails to download profile.
"The LIVE service may be unavailable, or there may be an issue with your home networking equipment or firewall."
(Login with Games for Windows Marketplace works perfectly)
Event Viewer, Windows Application log:
Warning 1: xlive.dll 0x80150002
Warning 2: xlive.dll 0x8015190e
(Warnings mention C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll - but this is incorrect, as xlive.dll is actually in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory)
Have tried (temporarily) disabling Firewall, AV, adding DMZ in router, and checked MTUs, all to no avail.
(It is connecting, in some sense - as a wrong password fails, and a correct one gets to "downloading profile" before dying with message above)
Any other suggestions?

Are you still running into this issue? If so, I am curious about something. You say you have added DMZ, but if you have portforwarding enabled, or static IP this will actually complicate the issue. see if the following thread is any help:

http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/technical_support/connection_networking/f/265/t/8865.aspx

Jolyon
04-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes, I am still having this issue.
The DMZ was a temporary attempt at a work-around, and was quickly removed. My IP is effectively static, the router always assigns the same (local, NAT) address.
I had already found the thread you linked, and read through it.
Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool shows:
NAT - Supported
TCT - Supported
TCP High Performance - Not Supported
UPnP - Supported
MSCST - Supported
Tested Port Forwarding as a temporary work-around, same errors.
Tested with Avast anti-virus temporarily disabled, same errors.
Double-checked Windows Firewall lets Microsoft Flight through.

Finally fixed!
Changed MTU to 1492 in Windows 7.
---------------------------------
To see what interfaces you have on your computer, type
netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces
To change the MTU, type
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=nnnn store=persistent
---------------------------------
Thank you:)