PDA

View Full Version : Awesome game

lucifercrow514
04-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I've been a die hard SAW fan since its very first film release. At first I never heard of the movie and it looked interesting so I picked it up. I was like damn! Then part 2 came out. Then part 3. Then part 4. I was like "Isn't that a little too much? Isn't jigsaw dead?" but when I went to the midnight premier I changed my mind. It was just plain awesome and clever. Then it continued to part 4, 5, 6, then sadly and finally 7. I collected all of their DVD's and never did I thought of them actually making a game but they did! I just found out about the game 2 weeks ago (No joke) and its a pretty awesome game for a 2009 game. I've been so out of date.

The reason I found out is by searching the forums and game lists until I saw SAW then I was like :D I just bought it without hesitation and its purely genius. I don't understand why the negative reviews? I've played the recent "shooter" releases such as RAGE, Metro, Dead Island, etc and SAW is just awesome for being such an old and not a "shooter" game and keeping me more entertained than Dead Island. But thats just my opinion :cool:. I don't mean to blab it all out or anything but this thread is just to state my opinion on how much I like the series and how much I loved the game :) I recommend to anyone that loves puzzle games.

demonslayer2222
04-29-2012, 05:56 PM
I agree, a very good game, and something different to the usual.

golfisfun
04-30-2012, 05:15 PM
I agree, a very good game, and something different to the usual.

Now just give us Saw 2 on PC and we will be set!

Under Oath
07-27-2012, 05:05 AM
Awesome game, little brother did not think so. :D

Robensnest1957
11-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I haven't played the game yet but had it for some time. It just never took precedence over the other166 games I have on here, is it really that good mayhap I had better Play it. I know they are 2 different games entirely but I have been so stoked with Skyrim - how does Saw add up to Skyrim is it as entertaining and something that Skyrim doesn't have is it good and scary or do the puzzles get in the way?:p:confused:

Earthworm James
11-09-2012, 11:55 AM
First movie was good, second was bad, third was meh... everything else is garbage.
The game is ok if you're a fan, there are major issues but it still captivates the feeling of the movies

Ripulimylly
02-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Glad you liked it. I like the movies (especially the first one), but game was a huge disappointment.

_Emo_
03-08-2013, 04:42 AM
I completed this game few times and enjoyed it. It is really worth playing.

There is a great style in cinematic direction: all this scary quick camera movement with white flashes, and overwhelming cutscenes where they throw in a lot of spectacular camera shots and animations at once.

The battle system is not as bad as some people are saying. Yes, you can easily defeat anyone with the fists, but it's noticeable that fists are a cheat added for those who's not into battles and just wants to focus on adventure/puzzle aspect, so it's a way to skip them. So if you use a cheat, of course it's boring. Just don't use a cheat. Use melee weapons, it's challenging and fun. Move backward when the enemy attacks and quickly attack yourself. Or block the attack with Shift+2, and you'll get a QTE battle just like in Saw 2!

The main character is very nicely animated, third person camera is set up very well (if you don't count the fact that it goes inside his head sometimes) and there's a great interactivity system. Very well realised, and it's easy to set up your own interactive objects when modding the game thanks to UnrealKismet and UnrealMatinee!

Level editor and mod support are great to be seen, especially these days, when Epic Games betrayed their fans: they broke the great tradition by not putting a level editor in Bulletstorm, and Gearbox betrayed Duke's fans by not releasing a promised editor for Duke Nukem Forever. The game's maps open without problems, so it's great to be able to browse them in the editor and see how they were made. Very interesting and cognitive.

Sadly, the mod community ignored this game. Don't be surprised, mod community, when in the future even more developers will ignore your desire to mod by not releasing the tools.

And speaking of Saw 2 for PC, I know you have it (http://cdr.thebronasium.com/app/27320), so stop holding it and release it already!