PDA

View Full Version : should i buy this game?

nuclearocean
04-14-2012, 10:30 PM
i already did buy mw2 and mw3, i think both are cool but now im gonna buy the first.

many people still play online?
is there many hackers around??
should i buy this game?

TetrisAsh
04-15-2012, 10:37 AM
No, its broken in my opinion. Its a game that has no consistency. Skill can only get you so far because there is so much that can kill you and the vast majority of it is stuff you couldn't do anything to prevent it.

If you want to play CoD4 is suggest getting it on console, its more consistent and good players will do well as oppose to the pc version where your tactics will work one game and then fail the next 4 games

CrazyMoeFoe
04-15-2012, 12:09 PM
i already did buy mw2 and mw3, i think both are cool but now im gonna buy the first.

many people still play online?
is there many hackers around??
should i buy this game?

1) Yes many people still play online, both vanilla and modded versions.
2) There are some hackers (there will be in EVERY online game) but unless it's a non PB server owned by a clan running hacks themselves (rare but i've encountered a few) then hackers/cheaters are usually kicked by PB or the admin. The level of hacking in CoD4 is virtually nonexistent when compared to MW2 or MW3.
3) I would say yes, it's worth buying. I even recently downloaded the mapmaking tools and plan on making some new maps to run on our server. (possibly some expanded remakes of the better MW3 maps the way they should've been made)

Ignore everything Tetris said, he is an obvious troll.

TetrisAsh
04-15-2012, 12:39 PM
1) Yes many people still play online, both vanilla and modded versions.
2) There are some hackers (there will be in EVERY online game) but unless it's a non PB server owned by a clan running hacks themselves (rare but i've encountered a few) then hackers/cheaters are usually kicked by PB or the admin. The level of hacking in CoD4 is virtually nonexistent when compared to MW2 or MW3.
3) I would say yes, it's worth buying. I even recently downloaded the mapmaking tools and plan on making some new maps to run on our server. (possibly some expanded remakes of the better MW3 maps the way they should've been made)

Ignore everything Tetris said, he is an obvious troll.

Sadly I'm not trolling. I was just pointing out the negatives in this game

CrazyMoeFoe
04-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Sadly I'm not trolling. I was just pointing out the negatives in this game

You didn't point out any negatives, all you did was vaguely whine about how skill supposedly doesn't help you.

No, its broken in my opinion. Its a game that has no consistency. Skill can only get you so far because there is so much that can kill you and the vast majority of it is stuff you couldn't do anything to prevent it.

If you want to play CoD4 is suggest getting it on console, its more consistent and good players will do well as oppose to the pc version where your tactics will work one game and then fail the next 4 games

How does the game have no consistency? If anything it has 10x more consistency on PC than Xbox because you can choose the server you join, so you're choosing your ping, map, mode, etc etc. On consoles you are a victim of randomized matchmaking, never knowing your ping or what map you'll end up on.

If there's such a "vast majority" of stuff that can kill you that you can do nothing to prevent, name some. There is NOTHING in the vanilla version of CoD4 on PC that is not on the console version, and if you don't like mods, it's stupidly easy to find servers that don't run them.

Suggesting getting it on console really shows your trolling nature. CoD4 is pretty much unplayable on the Xbox nowadays due to 2 factors. 1) Most lobby's you join are modded/hacked and 2) There are VERY few people playing it meaning bad matchmaking and lots of lag.

The Xbox version of CoD4 is dead, the PC version is very much alive and kicking. (In fact MORE people are coming back to play CoD4 with the epic failure that MW3 turned out to be)

So I say again, obvious troll. Give up and move on.

TetrisAsh
04-16-2012, 10:18 AM
You didn't point out any negatives, all you did was vaguely whine about how skill supposedly doesn't help you.

How does the game have no consistency? If anything it has 10x more consistency on PC than Xbox because you can choose the server you join, so you're choosing your ping, map, mode, etc etc. On consoles you are a victim of randomized matchmaking, never knowing your ping or what map you'll end up on.

If there's such a "vast majority" of stuff that can kill you that you can do nothing to prevent, name some. There is NOTHING in the vanilla version of CoD4 on PC that is not on the console version, and if you don't like mods, it's stupidly easy to find servers that don't run them.

Suggesting getting it on console really shows your trolling nature. CoD4 is pretty much unplayable on the Xbox nowadays due to 2 factors. 1) Most lobby's you join are modded/hacked and 2) There are VERY few people playing it meaning bad matchmaking and lots of lag.

The Xbox version of CoD4 is dead, the PC version is very much alive and kicking. (In fact MORE people are coming back to play CoD4 with the epic failure that MW3 turned out to be)

So I say again, obvious troll. Give up and move on.

I play vanilla of about 40-60 ping because that's the best connection I can manage.

And i do believe the game is inconsistent. Examples?
1 - The Knife, sometimes i'll lunge and kill fine. Most times i'll lunge past people or knife people miss due to a lag spike. I'm not a big knifer, i only go for it when i'm out of ammo.

2 - Hip fire. Sometimes my hipfire will win me gun fights and sometimes it won't. i can accept that. But sometimes i'll be behind cover, ADSing because i know a guy is about to appear and i want the advantage of cover and aiming where he's about to be. So when the guy jumps around the corner and hip-fires with an assault rifle and hits every bullet without fail it. So forgive me if i think that using tactics that should work all the time but don't because a guy got lucky is somewhat a factor in this game that's inconsistent.

3 - Guns, i don't claim to be good but i believe i'm a smart player who likes to plan his steps. I try to flank (most times with uav jammer) and get a sneak advantage. So when i die because someone spawned in a spot that i just walked passed or a player decides to look in my direction even though there is a lot of his enemies in front of him.

I know i'm wasting my breath because you seem like the kind to defend this game because you are a true fan. But i can't see how its consistent and takes skill to do well. I find its half smarts and half luck. Smarts is the skill, good aim and smart tactics. The luck is being in the right place at right time, not being grenaded by spammers and not having enemies respawn near you.

When i refer to the console, i meant the console version in its prime. Yes i agree that its unplayable and there's no denying that its dead on console. So yes i'm wrong to tell this person to buy CoD4 on xbox. I wasn't trolling when posting i generally didn't know the state of the xbox port because i haven't played it in 2 years. But i've been online and seen what its become.

The reason why i said the xbox version for more consistent was because i was good at it. I would be rewarded for my tactics and smarts and would do well most games because i was a smart player. The pc version however does not reward tactics. Everything i did on xbox that worked mostly fails on pc because there is no consistency. The spawns seem worse, even on 6v6 servers.

I'm talking from personal experience here, maybe you do well because you've adapted more than i have or you just seem to be in the right place at the right time but i can't see how the pc version is more consistent. The picking your own servers is its only saving grace in my opinion. And that's all i have to say.

I'd just like to list off what tactics i try to do in CoD4 that work on xbox but not on PC

1 - Flanking with UAV jammer
2 - Taking cover
3 - Aiming down sight
4 - Team Communication
5 - Using Shotguns and knives

CrazyMoeFoe
04-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I play vanilla of about 40-60 ping because that's the best connection I can manage.

And i do believe the game is inconsistent. Examples?

1 - The Knife, sometimes i'll lunge and kill fine. Most times i'll lunge past people or knife people miss due to a lag spike. I'm not a big knifer, i only go for it when i'm out of ammo.

^^Exactly the same as it is/was on Xbox

2 - Hip fire. Sometimes my hipfire will win me gun fights and sometimes it won't. i can accept that. But sometimes i'll be behind cover, ADSing because i know a guy is about to appear and i want the advantage of cover and aiming where he's about to be. So when the guy jumps around the corner and hip-fires with an assault rifle and hits every bullet without fail it. So forgive me if i think that using tactics that should work all the time but don't because a guy got lucky is somewhat a factor in this game that's inconsistent.

^^ Exactly the same as it is/was on Xbox

3 - Guns, i don't claim to be good but i believe i'm a smart player who likes to plan his steps. I try to flank (most times with uav jammer) and get a sneak advantage. So when i die because someone spawned in a spot that i just walked passed or a player decides to look in my direction even though there is a lot of his enemies in front of him.

^^ What about the guns?? only complaint I see here is sometimes getting screwed by the spawn system, or being spotted by a good player who continually checks their surroundings... and guess what??? It's the exact same was as it is/was on Xbox

I know i'm wasting my breath because you seem like the kind to defend this game because you are a true fan. But i can't see how its consistent and takes skill to do well. I find its half smarts and half luck. Smarts is the skill, good aim and smart tactics. The luck is being in the right place at right time, not being grenaded by spammers and not having enemies respawn near you.

^^ You're only wasting your breath because your argument makes no sense. Every flaw you're pointing out is on console also.

When i refer to the console, i meant the console version in its prime. Yes i agree that its unplayable and there's no denying that its dead on console. So yes i'm wrong to tell this person to buy CoD4 on xbox. I wasn't trolling when posting i generally didn't know the state of the xbox port because i haven't played it in 2 years. But i've been online and seen what its become.

The reason why i said the xbox version for more consistent was because i was good at it. I would be rewarded for my tactics and smarts and would do well most games because i was a smart player. The pc version however does not reward tactics. Everything i did on xbox that worked mostly fails on pc because there is no consistency. The spawns seem worse, even on 6v6 servers.

^^All you really say here is you were good at the Xbox version, and now you bought the PC version and you get owned. That has nothing to do with consistency it's skill level.
On Consoles you play with a controller with aim assist, and there are a LOT more little kids playing.
On PC you play with a kb/m without aim assist, and you're up against older experienced gamers who have been playing PC fps games for years.

I'm talking from personal experience here, maybe you do well because you've adapted more than i have or you just seem to be in the right place at the right time but i can't see how the pc version is more consistent. The picking your own servers is its only saving grace in my opinion. And that's all i have to say.

^^I'm talking from personal experience as well. I played CoD4 on Xbox back in it's prime (due to my crap PC being unable to run it) so I know exactly how it played. I switched to PC with BO and then got a PC version of CoD4, and have been playing it ever since. I clearly saw when I switched that the skill level for PC is much higher than Xbox. But that's skill level, it has absolutely nothing to do with consistency.

I'd just like to list off what tactics i try to do in CoD4 that work on xbox but not on PC

1 - Flanking with UAV jammer
2 - Taking cover
3 - Aiming down sight
4 - Team Communication
5 - Using Shotguns and knives

^^ Every one of these tactics work on PC just as well as they did on Xbox. (although for team communication it's better to join a clan and get on teamspeak) You just need to practice and get better at the game.

hare89
04-18-2012, 08:48 AM
I dont have mw3 so i cant say anything about it...
But mw2 is preety much dead with that crapy working matchmaking and not having server browser+ hackers...
So you dont have anything to lose with buying cod 4 atleast you have a working server browser ; you can even try promod lots of people are playin :)
You can check on gametracker.com that there is still bunch of servers and they are maxed out =D