PDA

View Full Version : stupid question but...

happypumkin
04-15-2012, 08:50 PM
ok so how do you attack? i know it sounds stupid but i cant figure out how to hit anything and end up spamming every button :/ im dying against the SNAILS of the first level from it :(

juxtapose
04-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Hah. You have to right click on the weapon portraits in the bottom right corner. At first you can only use your fists, but when you equip new weapons the portraits will change and you just right click on the weapon you want to attack with.

DIENER
04-15-2012, 09:03 PM
ESC > Tutorial

MADDOGGE
04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
It's not stupid OP, I think I was on the second level before I accidentally learned how to use the weapons properly:o. All I could do was throw the weapons which did kill things evenually but only with a lot of dancing around and making sure I didn't get caught in a hallway so i could get back to my weapns and pick them back up to use again. Once I got the fire spell for my mage I was good till I finally learnt how to melee with my weapons.

Dragoon.x
04-15-2012, 09:25 PM
ok so how do you attack? i know it sounds stupid but i cant figure out how to hit anything and end up spamming every button :/ im dying against the SNAILS of the first level from it :(

I bet you never thought you would die with snails crawling all over your face. :)

And to give the appearence that this post contains more than just spam... You can access the game manual under
..\Steam\steamapps\common\legend of grimrock\extras\Legend of Grimrock Manual.pdf
There is also neat looking graph paper template if you prefer to draw your own maps.

happypumkin
04-19-2012, 07:25 PM
ESC > Tutorial

read the tutorial but it doesnt actually say how to attack from what ive seen

i figured it out just after posting the thread :P thanks for the answers tho :)

MADDOGGE
04-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Not much in the manual

DIENER
04-19-2012, 11:46 PM
read the tutorial but it doesnt actually say how to attack from what ive seen

i figured it out just after posting the thread :P thanks for the answers tho :)
It say right-click to attack in tutorial, that is how I figured it out when I first started the game.

Bezetos
04-20-2012, 03:42 AM
I had a hard time figuring out how to cast spells. Then I've realised that after you select the right runes, you have to press that graphic on the right (wasn't that obvious).

Ben Affleck
04-20-2012, 12:47 PM
I was on the second level before I accidentally learned how to use the weapons properly:o. All I could do was throw the weapons which did kill things evenually...

11/10 for perseverance :D

AspHole
04-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I had the same problem when I first played EOB many moons ago, its not all that intuitive but you get used to it of course.

joeyman9
04-20-2012, 01:08 PM
I couldn't figure it out either, and I looked at the tutorial three times. Eventually I just started clicking on things and my guys finally attacked.

Ben Affleck
04-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Eventually I just started clicking on things

Now that's old school haha ;) Only difference is back in the day you had a one in ten chance of crashing the computer and spending 10 minutes reloading.. Nowadays Windows randomly takes care of that for you :D

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROOOOOWWW