PDA

View Full Version : FANTASTIC GAME

thaliskin
04-16-2012, 11:58 AM
So for all those looking at this game and thinking of buying it consider a few things before you do.

1.Do you like DOTA/MOBA like games

2. Do you like tactical space games
This means your not just spamming your cannons and flying in all insane but making real decisions about how to play when to get in the way of fire for your team mate ect....

3.Are you willing to put up with some minor bugs for a bit while they get sorted out?
*I have heard these bugs are game breaking for some people but I have not crashed once in game

This game is fun..a good diversion from LoL or the like. It has a learning curve but what game is fun if everyone is great at it. Once you learn the ins and outs of the game it can be really rewarding.

BVChaosInc
04-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Give me some cool looking ship skins, and I would stop playing LOL for this game.

thaliskin
04-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Definitely! Some awesome skins modeled after famous scifi shows. Just gotta make sure they look different enough their are no law suits. Making it an in game currency thing so the more games you win the more "credits' you get that you can spend on skins and maybe random items.

Stilgarius
04-17-2012, 02:46 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks Thaliskin for this post. :)

For the skin system it has already been discuss on the beta phase of the game, unfortunately we have some development priority for now.

I hope you understand.

Have a good day both of you.

nems
04-17-2012, 03:06 AM
Agree, the game is very fun to play :)

Soederblom
04-17-2012, 04:42 AM
I completely agree with your post. There have been a lot of negative voices on the game in this forum, but I myself am absolutely amazed by the unique mechanics of the game and I think most of the "nay"-sayers just don't get how it is supposed to work.

I have been looking for a space ship game which features huge scale ships combined with naval like flying and firing mechanics for AGES. And just to see the Axis Cruiser featuring what looks like a WHOLE CITY as a command bridge makes me want to kiss the developers.

I don't know if any of you guys ever played the Games Workshop tabletop game "Battlefleet Gothic" based on the Warhammer 40k universe but the game surely reminds me of it. ;)

I just hope that the people here will stick with the game as I surely will for a long time.

zeropositivo
04-17-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't know if any of you guys ever played the Games Workshop tabletop game "Battlefleet Gothic" based on the Warhammer 40k universe but the game surely reminds me of it. ;)

I agree! Happy to see someone else knows and like Battlefleet gothic. The design scale of the ship in SI is just as grand as those in BFG

Hookk
04-17-2012, 06:40 AM
I can only agree with OP

Hi guys,

For the skin system it has already been discuss on the beta phase of the game, unfortunately we have some development priority for now.

I hope you understand.

Out of curiosity, what might that be?

BVChaosInc
04-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Bugs, balance, and backlog likely.

thaliskin
04-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi guys,

I hope you understand.

Thanks for responding! I will say that once you guys iron out the bugs specifically the mem leak the game will be even better!

I think skins+more ships+ships coloring should be something that comes in the next months! I hope you guys are making lots of money so you can devote time to this! I think this game fills a niche that no other games fills and has a large following.

CplBlakeman
04-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Bugs, balance, and backlog likely.

Yeah they get these fixed and I can see it being a much better game. Now that I have what was causing my crashing sorted I am enjoying it, but some folks would ragequit and post negatives about the lag.

Offer a 3v3 map and the lower tier ships (non dlc) for free and this game would be a lot better off. With the amount of bugs though I still can't suggest it to all my friends.... yet.

Nryrony
04-17-2012, 01:01 PM
I agree! Happy to see someone else knows and like Battlefleet gothic. The design scale of the ship in SI is just as grand as those in BFG

Defenetly reminded me, too.

Hope at some point we will see skins :).

However patching has priority that is understood.

Tsarnious
04-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Thinking about getting this game, just curious...

Has anyone ever played NavyField? It strikes me that this might be similar to that, I'm trying to get a feel for how it plays before I buy into it