PDA

View Full Version : Hawk-Eye Enemies

11philber22
04-16-2012, 06:04 PM
I played the Xbox demo a few times over, and I had a quick question... In the released game, will enemies really see you as quickly as they do? The first time I played, I killed the first enemy leaning on the doorway then made my way down to where the "use your binoculars" tooltip came up. I went prone and barely peeked out from the floor of a dark doorway... After which the five enemies patrolling in the streets with MP40s immediately saw me and began shooting me with insane accuracy. I hadn't even seen them yet, I JUST brought out my binos and was ABOUT to start scanning when they shot me.

Will this be different in the release game? I sure hope so...

SEV2Community
04-16-2012, 07:01 PM
If you're standing in a street and you see and hear a comrade get shot from around the corner, you're going to start looking for the culprit - that's what's happening in the moment you describe. By shooting the guy in the doorway before you reach the position, you've alerted his friends to your presence so they'll be looking out for ANY movement at the end of the street you're crawling around in. The game rewards stealth play and thinking/checking about what's round the next corner before you make your move.

Try not shooting the guy in the doorway and instead target him when you clear the street, you'll find his friends don't find you so quick.

jimrad1
04-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Sniper Elite 1 was equally just as brutal. Even frustratingly so, but it was great in the sense it was realistic. Running vs slowly moving across the battlefield makes a huge difference. Noise is certainly not your friend, and gun shots certainly bring a huge crowd of friends quick. It reminds me a lot of Hidden and Dangerous 2, even accidentally kicking a can brought bad guys, or your heavy boots shuffling. My suggestion is doing what real sniper do, dont shoot in the same spot twice or linger long where you shot your last shot. This is why picking out a spot is so crucial in this game. You have to think a few steps ahead every time. For example, choose a spot that you know you can either A. Defend, or B. make a quick move to the next spot. Before I take a shot, I consider where I am to bolt to next. If anything, lay a nice trip wire bobby trap in your previous spot, or path of a the possible advance of the enemy prior to taking that shot. This game will frustrate the heck out of you, its plan plan plan, patience patience patience.

:) Holds true in real life military operations to. In the field it wasnt very different from the above scenario. This wont be a Call of Duty or Battlefield 3 experience for ya, its frustratingly tougher. Im not harping on these other titles or stating one is better than the other, it just is what it is.

Good luck :)

11philber22
04-18-2012, 11:17 AM
If you're standing in a street and you see and hear a comrade get shot from around the corner, you're going to start looking for the culprit - that's what's happening in the moment you describe. By shooting the guy in the doorway before you reach the position, you've alerted his friends to your presence so they'll be looking out for ANY movement at the end of the street you're crawling around in. The game rewards stealth play and thinking/checking about what's round the next corner before you make your move.

Try not shooting the guy in the doorway and instead target him when you clear the street, you'll find his friends don't find you so quick.

Ah, good point, I hadn't considered that... I just thought he was there for "Hey, here's your first uncontested kill." I forgot about the repercussions of the others seeing that body, even if I did move on with the level. Thanks for clearing that up!

JagaTelesin
04-18-2012, 02:24 PM
-removed by author-