PDA

View Full Version : Too linear?

Sito
04-19-2012, 01:56 PM
I just tried the demo: am I the only one that thinks that this game is too linear?

AmphibiousKitty
04-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Yeah, let's all judge a game based on the 10 minute demo.

Sito
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
There's no need to troll, I download a demo to judge the game before buying it.
Do I have to buy the full game to judge it?

Le_Cigar
04-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I agree it is very linear. I wasn't expecting an open world game like Arma 2 for example, but it did feel like the game could have opened up a few more buildings and their floors/doorways/windows.

One thing I thought was also strange was no prone position which the first SE game had, but I suppose without bipods it's not necessary.
I did overall enjoy the demo, but I'm still undecided about whether I'll pick it up until I've seen some full game reviews.

Mpirofonias
04-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Hey Cigar dude int he 360 version that i played there was prone,maybe it isnt binded by default?

mc_conor
04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I think if there was an option to remove them mario style gold coin markers and actually utilize the map for navigation, it wouldn't feel as linear.

BoneyardBrew
04-19-2012, 02:25 PM
I agree it is very linear. I wasn't expecting an open world game like Arma 2 for example, but it did feel like the game could have opened up a few more buildings and their floors/doorways/windows.

One thing I thought was also strange was no prone position which the first SE game had, but I suppose without bipods it's not necessary.
I did overall enjoy the demo, but I'm still undecided about whether I'll pick it up until I've seen some full game reviews.

Hold down C to go prone. That key is time sensitive.