PDA

View Full Version : need help with the swordsmen

tunguska47
04-19-2012, 03:57 PM
i am at the part where scarygirl steals the flying boat or whatever and guys jump on and u gotta kill them

is there a good way to kill the swordsmen/pikemen they are harder then any of the bosses which is pretty sad

or or u could nerf them just a idea

tunguska47
04-22-2012, 12:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdAzSmbCytY&feature=youtu.be

that's my video and that's where i am in the game so ideas or advice to give out

there spin attack most of the time cant be blocked

Hungry Donner
04-22-2012, 05:43 PM
The heavy attack is key with guards, once you're juggling them they aren't difficult to handle. If they start blocking this is a good time to jump behind them, they're usually vulnerable and its a good opening to juggle.

Combos are also excellent against guards. I particularly like fast+heavy+heavy+heavy, after I purchased that I had a much easier time with them. Unfortunately I can't do combos with any consistency - I'm not sure if I'm missing something subtle or if the game just has poor keyboard support.

If you're having trouble with that section I'd recommend going back to the beginning and playing through to collect more gems and hearts. I had a lot of trouble with the air ship section as well and I had far more health than you did.

tunguska47
04-24-2012, 06:19 AM
i try once a day almost when i feel like it i wish i can throw them like a fighting game when ur enemy is blocking

this year sure is boring (game wise)not talking about this game just in general

Hungry Donner
04-24-2012, 02:17 PM
I really do think you'll have an easier time if you use the level select option to restart the game and collect any heart containers you missed. There are some early ones that require the feather and it's worth going back for them.

tunguska47
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
i cant pass it scarygirl needs a attack that u can charge up and release the button

an attack can go tho enemy's that block

because this part of the game is just gay

Hungry Donner
04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
If they block try jumping over them and attacking from behind. That level is one of the most difficult in my opinion, it took me a while to complete as well.

Hungry Donner
05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
an attack can go tho enemy's that block
The triple heavy attack combo does an attack, headbutt, and then a lunge. That lunge will get you through the block (and knock them into the air). Spamming heavy attack I just finished this level with a perfect - much to my own astonishment.

If you can pull off the more advanced combos both morph tendrils and morph tornado are great against groups of guards. I'm not sure if the latter is available when you do the airship, but it's useful down the road (particularly if you get some momentum first, then you can plow through several guards at once).

I've also found that the anchor usually has an edge over them, although I'm not sure that it outweighs the rage hook - being able to enter scary mode when you've got 4+ guards is very helpful.

tunguska47
05-26-2012, 11:21 AM
i finally beaten this lvl and game a friend came over thank god for local co op

Hungry Donner
06-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Good to hear!