PDA

View Full Version : Combat

thesombrerokid
04-20-2012, 12:44 AM
Combat Controls are a lazy port, the sword and shield should be bound to the left and right mouse buttons, having to click an indeterminate area of the screen is a pain esp. when fighting the trigons, when you don't have time to look at the button to make sure the mouse cursor is over it. If they fix one thing it should be this.

Capy_Nathan
04-20-2012, 06:09 AM
You can also use z & . to use sword/shield.

We can't do it the way you described as the Right Mouse Button is draw/sheath sword.

thesombrerokid
04-20-2012, 09:10 AM
You can also use z & . to use sword/shield.

We can't do it the way you described as the Right Mouse Button is draw/sheath sword.

Thanks for the reply, great game btw, rmb does nothing once your in combat, but keyboard controls are what I really wanted so I consider this a fix, if i was being moany i'd ask for customisable controls or something that tells you about the keyboard controls though.

sekhu
05-27-2012, 06:17 PM
The combat is pretty terrible, tbh. I love point and click adventures, but the combat and this frustrates me no end. If it was more precise, I'd be more fond of it, but it seems I'm clicking like crazy and not getting any hits. A reload of the game seemed to register the hits, but it's still quite sloppy IMHO. Otherwise I'm enjoying the game immensely.

fiddler6
05-28-2012, 11:12 AM
The battles are very much about patterns and timing. Can you be more specific about which battles you're struggling with? Ideally we can figure out if this is something wrong with your version or maybe our instructions about the battles weren't clear enough. Any more details you can provide would be very helpful!

Pyrii
06-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Well I'm on the Bright Moon Trigon and the timings are totally off, and if you get hit, the flash stops you from seeing the next incoming attack so you can easily be wiped out from full health.

The light reflecting phase is the worst, it doesn't match any beat or music and the timing for it is very thin that you have to be lucky to get through it without taking at least one hit.

The final phase likes to throw projectiles that will reach you AT THE SAME TIME and when you attack them, you only destroy one, so that's a guaranteed hit, and with the flash, prevents you from seeing or hearing the microsecond cues for lasers or other incomings.

The whole combat part of the game is very flimsy and very demanding for what was meant to be a touchscreen game and even worse for a point-and-click version that the PC is. the z/x .// controls help, but the tight timings will still fustrate you.

And I was just starting to come around from flat-out hating it.

gwa1h1r
06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
I just came here to say that it should be made a little more clear that the first part of the trigon combat is divided into two sub-parts (slow and fast). I spent 4 hours trying to block the red charge because I thought IT was the second round. Eventually found the answer cruising random youtube videos, and it made me feel like a damn fool.

And no I never played "zelda" or had a nintendo or anything like that.

fiddler6
06-05-2012, 01:59 PM
@Pyrii
Any chance you can grab a video of this? It's hard to tell if things are behaving normally based on your description.

ArucardT
06-08-2012, 05:48 AM
I did play Zelda, a lot, so picked up the first part of that fight after dying tragically. The second part I guess someone says speeds up, that's where I have trouble, can't tell if I'm supposed to reflect again or block and counter?

I think I would feel more comfortable with it if there were some kind of demonstration before the actual fight maybe? The game seems to do that for most other tasks before that. Maybe I missed something and there is a hint somewhere, but I had a lot of fun up to that point, then got pretty frustrated.

fiddler6
06-08-2012, 09:50 AM
@ArucardT
The ball being shot and you should be reflected back using your sword at both speeds. After that there are two more stages, one where you need to dodge and the other where you need to do a combination of dodging and attacking. It's all about rhythm! Don't let it get you frustrated, once you get it you'll have no trouble at all.