PDA

View Full Version : Demo Crashes PC

Kapt.K
04-20-2012, 10:29 AM
So,

Whenever I get to the second checkpoint in the demo,
the game stutter for just a second then shut off my Laptop, for no apparent reason.
Has anyone else had this happen?

I would like to pre-purchase the game, but I do not want to pay for a game that crashes.
Help? :(

Kapt.K
04-22-2012, 03:28 PM
600+ views and no suggestions?

gatwizard
04-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Have you tried resolving it? What's your OS?

Test it with different graphics settings. Or reinstall the game and DirectX and make sure your drivers are up-to-date. Namely the GPU.

Kapt.K
04-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Have you tried resolving it? What's your OS?

Test it with different graphics settings. Or reinstall the game and DirectX and make sure your drivers are up-to-date. Namely the GPU.

Windows7 64 bit. I will try changing the graphics settings, and if that doesn't work then I guess I will try reinstalling the demo.

Thank you for replying. :)

Felidae
04-22-2012, 06:12 PM
I had in the beginning trouble with my laptop too. The game ran fine on my desktop though. So after a little investigation. I found the problem to be my Nvidia with Optimus. Now I don't know if your laptop has an Nvidia card wit Optimus, but if it has it might be that your Optimus does not automaticly change to the dedicated graphics card and instead uses the integrated graphics chip to run the game.

Thats what happen to me and caused the game constantly to crash. To fix it I had to go into the Nvidia Control Panel and under 3d settings select in prefered graphics processor: "High performance Nvidia graphics processor"

Hope that helps.