PDA

View Full Version : Was there a Limited Edition for PC?

FelipeRRM
04-21-2012, 07:16 AM
That's it guys, was there a Limited Edition for those who pre-ordered this on PC, or any other kind of bonus?

Thanks!

Funktion
04-21-2012, 08:08 AM
That's it guys, was there a Limited Edition for those who pre-ordered this on PC, or any other kind of bonus?

Thanks!
There is a retail limited edition, which includes 3 extra cars + 5 paint jobs.
Most stores have de-listed it (this edition was supposedly for pre-orders and day 1 orders), but at least one store is still listing it:
www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/ridge-racer-unbounded/10449300.html

FelipeRRM
04-21-2012, 01:09 PM
But, did Steam have it?

Funktion
04-21-2012, 01:27 PM
But, did Steam have it?
No, Steam didn't have the game up for pre-order, and didn't include this bonus DLC.

But do note: the retail copies (at least in Europe) are Steamworks, which means they need to be activated on Steam.

I purchased a retail copy myself (for the lower price, and bonus content).

FelipeRRM
04-21-2012, 02:26 PM
No, Steam didn't have the game up for pre-order, and didn't include this bonus DLC.

But do note: the retail copies (at least in Europe) are Steamworks, which means they need to be activated on Steam.

I purchased a retail copy myself (for the lower price, and bonus content).

Ohhhh :(

So I want the bonus content on Steam, what now?

Leak
04-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Well, I got the game from Play.com in the UK (and you would be daft not to if it was EUR 16 cheaper than on Steam, and with free shipping) and it came with an activation code for DLC 4 - said 3 cars and 5 paint jobs.

Funktion
04-21-2012, 03:21 PM
I guess your only choice at the moment is to try to find someone willing to sell you a code for the pre-order/limited edition content (Ebay, ...).
Unless I'm mistaken, my retail copy came with 2 codes (one for the game, another for the bonus content), so the bonus content has a code for itself.

Maybe Namco will release the content as paid DLC in a near future...

Funktion
04-21-2012, 04:32 PM
I've only found codes for the PS3 version :/
There were probably some stock issues with the PC version of the game, retail-wise (for example, the UK Amazon site didn't have any stock of the PC version for a period of at least a week or two), so probably there aren't many copies "in the wild".

If you really want the content, maybe you can do the exact opposite of my suggestion: pick up another copy of the game (for example from Zavvi or Amazon.co.uk, which still have the limited edition available), use the bonus content, and sell the game/game key to a friend or something.

Or you should bug the hell out of Namco, and get them to release the content on Steam as paid DLC. ;)

Either way, good luck.