PDA

View Full Version : I like this! And boy do I suck!

Cpryd001
04-22-2012, 07:43 AM
So far I haven't encountered the dark side of the MOBA/ARTS elements like jerks and racial trash talking yet.

What I kind of like is the TF2 anonymous-ness element where nobody is really watching you the way they watch you in DoTA and LoL. So if you want to go off and hide in a corner while you play with your phone, go for it.

I hope the game stays that way. Let the competitive guys play in teams, and let people who just want to play casual and take a shot of vodka every time they fall.

Mr. Reid
04-22-2012, 10:09 AM
So far I haven't encountered the dark side of the MOBA/ARTS elements like jerks and racial trash talking yet.

What I kind of like is the TF2 anonymous-ness element where nobody is really watching you the way they watch you in DoTA and LoL. So if you want to go off and hide in a corner while you play with your phone, go for it.

I hope the game stays that way. Let the competitive guys play in teams, and let people who just want to play casual and take a shot of vodka every time they fall.

There isn't very many people like that yet in SMNC, at least not from the closed beta. A few of us trash talk but there's only a handful that you'll just want to ignore. More then likely you won't run into them. - Regarding the "dark side"

Either way don't take harmless words seriously if someone tries to harass you.

Anyways keep playing and you'll eventually do better, just don't get discouraged if you get stomped a few times. You need to lose to learn. Well not always but try and turn a losing experience into a learning experience.

edit: Assuming your new from the title.

Cpryd001
04-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Either way don't take harmless words seriously if someone tries to harass you.
edit: Assuming your new from the title.

It's not about being new or taking things personal in a game.

Sometimes, I want my 8 year old to play games, and not have to worry about him learning new curse words.
Sometimes, I want to drink while I play and casually relax.
I don't understand people who take games so seriously and get all rage'd by it, which makes it so hard to enjoy most MOBA/ARTS games.

AraxisHT
04-22-2012, 07:46 PM
It's not about being new or taking things personal in a game.

Sometimes, I want my 8 year old to play games, and not have to worry about him learning new curse words.
Sometimes, I want to drink while I play and casually relax.
I don't understand people who take games so seriously and get all rage'd by it, which makes it so hard to enjoy most MOBA/ARTS games.

It's probably best to think of Dota-style games as more of a competition and less of a game. The issue is that in this sort of game a player can't succeed on their own and a teammate who isn't concerned with winning will, unlike in most games, directly contribute to the success of the opposing team. No one likes to lose when it isn't their own fault (or when it is their fault for that matter). If you want to play a Dota-style game just for fun, I suggest doing it with friends who are doing the same thing. There is a reason some games are considered casual games and others are considered "core" games.

Personally, I feel that this sort of game would really benefit from a "just farting around" mode for people who play games just to mess around.

A note on the 8 year old: Be a good parent and only let him play games appropriate for his age (i.e. games not rated T or M and without online multiplayer chat/voip) and worrying about him learning things isn't a problem. Too may people don't realize games aren't an alternative to good parenting.

SideStep
04-22-2012, 07:58 PM

Ive been playing it awhile and it isnt casual. Theres a lot of balance issues. Commandos, Veteran and the Anni switch just isnt fun, they break the DOTA style of gameplay. Its like they are making the same mistakes from the first one.

Cpryd001
04-22-2012, 08:31 PM
A note on the 8 year old: Be a good parent and only let him play games appropriate for his age (i.e. games not rated T or M and without online multiplayer chat/voip) and worrying about him learning things isn't a problem. Too may people don't realize games aren't an alternative to good parenting.

Are you seriously thinking that Super MNC is a T or M rated game?

AraxisHT
04-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Are you seriously thinking that Super MNC is a T or M rated game?

It's rating is currently pending. When it is assigned a rating, it will be rated T (for Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, and Mild Language) just like the first one (http://store.steampowered.com/app/63200/?snr=1_7_suggest__13).

There is no way a game like this would get an E rating.

Rikety
04-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Expecting this to be rated T. Looking around (Store with its various skins/taunts) you can see plenty of hints why it is going to.

To OP.
Community in general is actually decent here. Forums are filled with regulars who are ready to help those who ask for it.

However, do not expect that you can go goof around in QM just because you want to sit back 'n relax. To do so you're better off finding 4 other inviduals willing to do so, because there is a good chance any randoms you might end up with have every intention of playing ''seriously''.

Personally, I feel that this sort of game would really benefit from a "just farting around" mode for people who play games just to mess around.

Practice/Custom game modes could be considered as such.
There have been rumours of other game-modes. In due time.

Cpryd001
04-22-2012, 10:03 PM
It's rating is currently pending. When it is assigned a rating, it will be rated T (for Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, and Mild Language) just like the first one (http://store.steampowered.com/app/63200/?snr=1_7_suggest__13).

There is no way a game like this would get an E rating.

I don't think so. From what I've played, I haven't seen anything that is offensive. (No more Fruit ♥♥♥♥er references) No blood, no swearing, no gibs - I definitely feel comfortable with my 8 year old playing this.

What are you guys seeing that I'm not? Is it the boobs?

AraxisHT
04-22-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't think so. From what I've played, I haven't seen anything that is offensive. (No more Fruit ♥♥♥♥er references) No blood, no swearing, no gibs - I definitely feel comfortable with my 8 year old playing this.

What are you guys seeing that I'm not? Is it the boobs?

The game would get a T rating on Violence alone (blood and gibs are classes separately under Blood and Gore). Pretty much any game where you can see a girl's midriff and/or cleavage or a girl wears skin tight cloths gets suggestive themes (even superhero games :rolleyes:) unless they highly cartoonize the girl and it's a child. I haven't paid much attention to the dialogue so I can't comment much on the language but some of the dialogue gets pretty gruesome and the suicide jokes would certainly gain criticism if it were rated E.

Even disregarding the rating, the game is clearly intended for the teen and adult crowd (as evidenced by the strategic gameplay and dark humor).

Rikety
04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Megabeths new schoolgirl uniform for example.

Genosidoh
04-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Considering that Smash Bros. got a T rating, I would definitely say this gets a T.

Although other than some of the grapples and a few of the jokes, I would say it's not a bad game for an 8 year old to play. After all, 8 year olds play Smash Bros.

I also strongly disagree with considering MOBA as competitions instead of games. Yes, there are competitions, but public games are not, they are just a match. A casual attitude doesn't belong in scrimmages, but a serious business attitude doesn't belong in public games, either. It's fine to try your best, but when people start yelling at their team for sucking, they need to move on to organized play.