PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii pack

blulagoon
04-22-2012, 08:18 AM
I am a keen FSX user, but only downloaded Flight yesterday. As far as I can see, what you can download for free only allows you to fly missions, whilst I'd prefer to fly about a bit to get used to the planes before doing that.

If I buy the Hawaii pack, will I be able to start with my plane at the airport, take off, fly around and then land it again in free flight. I'd like to do this, but would like confirmation that I can before forking out 15 or whatever it is for Hawaii. I did use forum search for the word Hawaii but I didn't find the answer to my question

Having read the other threads here, I don't think I'll go for the bundle, as the extra planes don't sound too much fun without a cockpit.

Thanks - Blu

wlayton27
04-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Once you complete the first two missions (Icon intro and Wedding Party), you are allowed to fly through the missions and challenges in any order, as well as take odd jobs at airfield job boards, as well as fly freely at your own pace.

I wish they didn't require us to complete the first two missions before accessing the free flight map.

Tony0972
04-22-2012, 08:58 AM
As wlayton27 said, complete the first two missions. Once you are through the intro take time to fly around the big island to get a feel for the game and associated features.

Tip: Go into Map view, right click anywhere on it and your plane will teleport there. Makes for a quick way to see all of the airports.

blulagoon
04-22-2012, 09:11 AM
I wish they didn't require us to complete the first two missions before accessing the free flight map.

Is that the first two missions in the Hawaii pack, or the first two missions on the download. I've only got as far as the first one, the stupid thing with ballons to fly into.

CarlosPaprika
04-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Is that the first two missions in the Hawaii pack, or the first two missions on the download. I've only got as far as the first one, the stupid thing with ballons to fly into.
You have to do those two missions regardles if you have hawaii pack or not. So you are already halfway there, before you have free flight. :)

J van E
04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
The first two missions only take about 5 minutes. After that the big island is all yours for free. ;) I also don't like it that you HAVE to do those missions (also because it may give a wrong impression of the game, as this topic proves) but it's not THAT bad. A new pilot DOES get some basic information about the game.

RoboRay
04-22-2012, 09:56 AM
The first two missions only take about 5 minutes. After that the big island is all yours for free. ;) I also don't like it that you HAVE to do those missions (also because it may give a wrong impression of the game, as this topic proves) but it's not THAT bad. A new pilot DOES get some basic information about the game.

A "Skip Introductory Missions" button would offer a huge improvement to the first impression of Flight on experienced flight-simmers.

A.fudge
04-23-2012, 08:52 AM
If you are getting it I'd recommend the starter pack from what I've played so far. I won't be activating the Mustang out of principle, but the Maule is very detailed inside and is nice to fly. (I've only flown the Maule for about an hour).

After the first two missions as mentioned earlier you are a free man. However It seems many simmers don't like it as there isn't all the flight commands and such (the Air Traffic control tower stuff I think). I don't understand any of this and hence don't use it in FSX or the bit of Xplane I played. However if you are a user of it take note that its not there.

All the other missions are optional, as well as the job board and the Aerocache hunting (Though I personally enjoy them).

Have fun.