PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer experience

raubhamster
04-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I bought the game primarily to play it in multiplayer.
So far it has been a complete dissapointment.
I patiently waited for further patches, as the game wasn't able to
play in multiplayer very well when it was released.
Obviously it lacks players and the way the game creates new lobbies
doesn't work very well with that low player count.
In other games (Blur for example) players join existing lobbies, even when the others are in race. After the race you can race with them. This system works much better with such a low player count.
So far I regret that I bought this game (though the SP entertained me for like 4-6 hours, but I wanted to race others, not the AI).

That's my multiplayer experience in 95% of all races.
http://youtu.be/lLcI0buNzd0
Sometimes there are two people in the lobby...with the same result.

I'm starting to give up hope. I really appreciate the amount of work the devs put into the game after its release with all the patches, but so far I barely see any improvement. :(

Zat0ne
04-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Stabilizing the MP aspect of RRU would probably help sell the game more in the long run. At least we are seeing posts from the devs regarding their progress! Let's hope they can fix it all up eventually :)

fredizzimo
04-25-2012, 12:45 AM
Some types of connections seem to have serious disconnect issues, while others don't. And we haven't figured out what the problem is yet, but we are working on it.

The video that you showed though, shows one player making a mistake and then getting disconnected, so it could be that he just quit manually after making a mistake...

Fred from Bugbear

jugularis
04-25-2012, 01:14 AM
Some types of connections seem to have serious disconnect issues, while others don't. And we haven't figured out what the problem is yet, but we are working on it.

The video that you showed though, shows one player making a mistake and then getting disconnected, so it could be that he just quit manually after making a mistake...

Fred from Bugbear

Bots to full grid could help fix this rage quits. If only two players racing, this rage quits are almost in every race. Would be great to fill race with bots and every human player connected can replace bot in next race.

Frontman
04-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Hmm, I think you can continue racing and finish even if the other player makes a rage quit - it's just boring racing alone.
In general I think it might be a good option to fill up a race with AI drivers that you have more action.

Ceiling_Cat
04-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Hmm, I think you can continue racing and finish even if the other player makes a rage quit - it's just boring racing alone.
In general I think it might be a good option to fill up a race with AI drivers that you have more action.

thats a good idea. if only a couple of people join there should be an option to fill in the blanks with AI

and yea.. rage quitters :rolleyes:

IDefectedI
04-28-2012, 10:56 AM
From the looks of it this game looks like a worth of 19.99 ! I will wait until Steam sale .

Madval
05-04-2012, 02:57 AM
Multiplayer is a total failure in this game.

-Doesn't show what cars your opponents are chosing
-Doesn't have a scoreboard. No sense to play others map because I can't see where your score / achievment is registered VS others players score. No sense of competition.
-You can't vote for race/map/lap
-No one is playing online ! NO ONE !

In fact this game is the demo of "what you must no do in multiplayer".

I love the game, but if you want nice and easy and perfect multiplayer, just look BLUR multiplayer thanks ! Simple and effective !

Purple44
05-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Multiplayer is a total failure in this game.

-Doesn't show what cars your opponents are chosing
-Doesn't have a scoreboard. No sense to play others map because I can't see where your score / achievment is registered VS others players score. No sense of competition.
-You can't vote for race/map/lap
-No one is playing online ! NO ONE !

In fact this game is the demo of "what you must no do in multiplayer".

I love the game, but if you want nice and easy and perfect multiplayer, just look BLUR multiplayer thanks ! Simple and effective !

Flatout 2 has the best online options and has text chat in the lobby. But thanks to the consoles, I doubt we will see a game do the online like FO2.

Zonker
05-05-2012, 09:25 AM
It's quite a pity that the multiplayer, of all things, doesn't work properly and with the features one would expect. The Flatout games had their problems, too, but you guys still did better back then. I'd take a wild guess and blame it on some strict deadline by Namco without regards for the final polish the game could have used before release.

Still, if you manage to get the multiplayer to a solid and working point with patches, I'll force a bunch of my friends to buy the game. We were and are all big fans of the Flatout 2 / UC multiplayer and I think they'd like RR:U, too. But at the moment I can't really recommend it to them in good conscience. :(

TERMINATOR_SSD
05-07-2012, 03:04 PM
i can barley get a game going, hardly Ever anyone will be playing online, just sitting at the lobby waiting for paint to dry. Very disappointed atm, as playing online was the main reason i got this game...