PDA

View Full Version : New CPU - new Fan, (MB) and RAM

Tatsukishi
04-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Hey Guys,

I need some help/advice for my new PC-components.

First off, what is fixed/not to discuss:

PSU: be Quiet! 530W
CPU: AMD FX-6200
MB: ASUS M5A97 PRO
Video: ASUS GTX 560 DCII OC
Tower: standard (office)-Midi -> to be upgraded later, open atm

Now I'm looking for the right fan for the CPU, cause I guess my current Scythe Samurai 2000 ZZ (used with AMD A2 7750) won't do the job.
I use my PC mainly for gaming and browsing the web and am thinking about to OC it a bit if necessary for high-performance-one-threaded-software.
Because I'm low on budget I search for a cooling/price/noise trade-off.

Also I'm not sure with the RAM. My current thought is the G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866 DIMM CL9 Dual Kit, because it's from the QVL, but when I look at it I ask myself if that is really necessary/has real advantages and if a KVR 8Gb (2x4Gb) kit wouldn't do the same job as well (or anything similar) and cost less.

And while I'm already at it: What tower (to be bought next month) would you recommend? It shouldn't exceed 50 EUR and provide 80-120mm fan(slots) in the front, top and back.
Also what would you recommend to prevent dust to get into the tower? My flat is collecting dust like no other. :(

Greetings,
Tatsukishi

TeKraken
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Is there a Cooler Master Hyper 212 cooler for that CPU socket type?

What are the specs (timings) of the RAM your looking at? As the price of RAM is low at the moment just get the best you can afford. KVR = Kingston Value Ram .

I cant recommend a case as you will have to look at it not me.

Not much will stop dust getting into a case, best to get decent tools to clean it out with. An airblower or 'air in a can'.

borg_7_of_9
04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't trust my components to a cheap power supply but apparently that's not up for discussion so if it all get's fried don't say WE didn't warn you..

ON TOPIC cooler CM Hyper 212+
ON RAM 1600Mhz Cas 7/8 is the sweet spot price performance wise anything above that and the cost for low cas goes out the window along with performance..

G.Skill have some nice low cas stuff