PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard controls totally borked?

HentaiHeroKyo
04-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Hello all. I initially started the game using my xbox360 wireless controller and, with the proper configuration everything seemed to work fine (aside from a bunch of funny options such as the screen being underscanned for some reason). I even have both a bluetooth adapter and G13 connected, but these didn't seem to screw things up for my Xbox360 controller. However, after playing a little bit of the intro I wondered that, given the precision level of attacks necessary, it wouldn't be worth a try from the Keyboard+ mouse side of the setup.

Now, the problems start. Buttons don't seem to work as expected. I went to the Configuration and changed it so that the game would display keyboard commands instead of Xbox360 buttons. I rebound the reload key to "R" since it didn't seem to be used for anything else, instead of mouse3. Then I started the game.

The initial press [_] which I assume to mean the space bar icon comes up on the title screen comes up, and when I press space it works. Then when it shows the pop-up regarding the auto-save, it says to press space again, but now it does NOT work. I try space, enter and many other keys and eventually find out that "E" is now being used as the spacebar, and "D" (but not A, W, or S) seems to shift the menu. "F" to go back from a menu entry works, but it seems that tons of keys are fouled up. I can't navigate the menu properly. The spacebar is useless. Arrow keys also useless. Enter, backspace etc...

Despite what they were bound to on the default control keymap (aside from the one Mouse3>R reload change) and what the on screen display shows, the keyboard is completely screwed up. Any ideas or has anyone run into something similar?

ezodagrom
04-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Hello all. I initially started the game using my xbox360 wireless controller and, with the proper configuration everything seemed to work fine (aside from a bunch of funny options such as the screen being underscanned for some reason). I even have both a bluetooth adapter and G13 connected, but these didn't seem to screw things up for my Xbox360 controller. However, after playing a little bit of the intro I wondered that, given the precision level of attacks necessary, it wouldn't be worth a try from the Keyboard+ mouse side of the setup.

Now, the problems start. Buttons don't seem to work as expected. I went to the Configuration and changed it so that the game would display keyboard commands instead of Xbox360 buttons. I rebound the reload key to "R" since it didn't seem to be used for anything else, instead of mouse3. Then I started the game.

The initial press [_] which I assume to mean the space bar icon comes up on the title screen comes up, and when I press space it works. Then when it shows the pop-up regarding the auto-save, it says to press space again, but now it does NOT work. I try space, enter and many other keys and eventually find out that "E" is now being used as the spacebar, and "D" (but not A, W, or S) seems to shift the menu. "F" to go back from a menu entry works, but it seems that tons of keys are fouled up. I can't navigate the menu properly. The spacebar is useless. Arrow keys also useless. Enter, backspace etc...

Despite what they were bound to on the default control keymap (aside from the one Mouse3>R reload change) and what the on screen display shows, the keyboard is completely screwed up. Any ideas or has anyone run into something similar?
I had a similar problem with certain buttons not working properly in the menus, does the mouse camera move all weird in-game? If yes, it's probably the same problem as me, the fix in this topic fixed these issues for me:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2672146