PDA

View Full Version : Entry drug?

deceze
04-28-2012, 04:34 AM
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised! I had tried "dating sims" (not that this really falls in this category) and the like before and was bored to death by all of them. I just downloaded the demo of Analogue, expecting to delete it again within a few minutes, but actually ended up buying the full game and completing (one version of) it in one sitting. It's surprisingly good entertainment, thanks to the intriguing story and decent writing. I'd like to see more games of this caliber coming in the future, especially since it's really affordable.

If the demo doesn't hook you... oh well, fair enough I guess; but do give it a try. :D

Now, if only they'd have implemented a proper terminal with command history and auto-complete... ;)

Kuraudo
04-28-2012, 07:03 AM
It's also tragically short and doesn't give us enough details about the more interesting questions, but oh well.

I'd pay for a longer "enhanced" edition with more text to read through for sure - I like Christine Love's writing; it's very engaging.

Cloakedboltz
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
To be fair, most of the writing is not interactive, they are just logs.

But I really like the concept of using a command line interface to fish for information. I wish there were more games like that.

Kuraudo
04-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I wish she put more "gamey" elements like that in. There's real potential there.

What you pointed out about the logs really hits home - there's no art assets that have to be made with that, so surely it wouldn't be hard to spin out more of those. It's basically 80% of the game right there in the logs.