PDA

View Full Version : Thank god this game is bombing

DontForkWitMe
04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Not even in the top 20 sellers :p it already had a lot going against it being perceived as a japanese gow clone and being a late console port so you'd think they would have done everything in their power to make the PC version worthy but they had to screw it up with the god awful mouse acceleration that makes the game unplayable.

guess releasing that demo hurt them more than help them because the actual game looks pretty fun but the mouse controls killed all interest for me and a lot of others and i doubt with the horrible sales sega will even bother to fix them

s1234567890m
04-28-2012, 10:04 PM
actually it was in the 11-20 page, for two days...

appolo880
04-28-2012, 10:38 PM
If you were having issues with mouse control, its down to you, I have no issues aiming or manoeuvring ...

laazrockit
04-28-2012, 10:42 PM
If you were having issues with mouse control, its down to you, I have no issues aiming or manoeuvring ...

This game has some of the worst (and INCREDBILY obvious) mouse lag and mouse accel I've ever seen. Borderline unplayable with a mouse. Its definitely an issue with the game, because it obviously has input smoothing/acceleration force that is designed for controllers force enabled for mouse users.

unlucky411
04-29-2012, 02:52 AM
i find the game really fun, i haven't had any problems with it, been playing for 6 hours now

BenKYS
04-29-2012, 03:32 AM
The game itself is great and quite underrated, it reminds me of Deadly Premonition which was another quirky Japanese game with goofy characters and a great story.

The main problem is just how poor the port is. Mouse accel destroys aiming and has even driven me to use a wired 360 controller, then you have the horrid FOV (like 45, good lord) along with the menus not utilizing the mouse at all and a number of other issues.

But the game itself isn't the problem, it's a great game and just because it's a cover shooter (just like pretty much every 3rd person shootan this gen) doesn't make it a GoW clone.

K E V 1 N
04-29-2012, 03:36 AM
Deadly Premonition

+rep

I love that game.

BenKYS
04-29-2012, 03:39 AM
It's incredible, one of my favorites of 2010. Best 20 bucks I ever spent.

Ozu08865
04-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Dont think OP and I are playing the same game. It got me to stop playing SWTOR for a bit.

GrifterMordiff
04-29-2012, 07:41 AM
You know... you can ALWAYS get a XBOX360 gamepad if you hate the mouse controls so much.

AshEnke
04-29-2012, 07:45 AM
No...

GrifterMordiff
04-29-2012, 08:04 AM
No...

Then that's your problem, it's not the developers'.

AshEnke
04-29-2012, 08:14 AM
It's a PC game, I expect this game to be playable on a PC.

Labs
04-29-2012, 08:16 AM

Are you brain damaged?

How it is NOT the game developers fault for making one of the worst mouse controls this generation?

GrifterMordiff
04-29-2012, 08:32 AM
It's a PC game, I expect this game to be playable on a PC.

I play this game on my computer and use a gamepad... Just because I use a gamepad doesn't automatically unclassify my computer as a PC.
Are you brain damaged?

How it is NOT the game developers fault for making one of the worst mouse controls this generation?

There are MANY PC games that have 'bad' k&m controls, while being able to support gamepads. Yet people STILL refuse to purchase a gamepad to make the most of their gaming experience. Rather than get a gamepad, they'd rather point their fingers at the games developers, claiming it's all the dev's fault for the controls while being stubborn about buying a gamepad to solve the cpntrol issues.

erwem576
04-29-2012, 08:49 AM

Wrong.

It should work well for both KBM and a controller.

Valeria Heart
04-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Gamepads have been a part of PC gaming for decades. I don't understand where the "keyboard and mouse or nothing" crowd suddenly came from. While there are temporary workarounds, let's hope the control issues will be patched out soon.

That aside, I hope those of you that are able to play the game will enjoy it.

erwem576
04-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Gamepads have been a part of PC gaming for decades. I don't understand where the "keyboard and mouse or nothing" crowd suddenly came from.

People that have been PC gamers for a long time basically. They've been always been around.

I game on both PC and consoles but PC is where it's at for me and for certain kinds of games I...and a lot of other people...prefer KBM. Shooters being high if not first on that list.

While there are temporary workarounds, let's hope the control issues will be patched out soon.

That aside, I hope those of you that are able to play the game will enjoy it.

Agreed.

ironmoth
04-29-2012, 09:55 AM
if you want to turn around fast enough during combat-to face the opposite way- you have to use the arrow keys or it will take at least 10 seconds more when you can usually do it with the mouse like in mass effect, it's like the controls to a console simulator. and you might as well play on a console if you want to play on a gamepad.

ElfShotTheFood
04-29-2012, 11:16 AM
if you want to turn around fast enough during combat-to face the opposite way- you have to use the arrow keys or it will take at least 10 seconds more when you can usually do it with the mouse like in mass effect, it's like the controls to a console simulator. and you might as well play on a console if you want to play on a gamepad.

Try pressing SHIFT to do a quick 180-degree turn.

dark_inferno
04-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Playing this game FINE with everything (i actually went trough the configuration launcher and changed everything to my pleasure) no problems with graphics,errors or controls (damn its so much better to play this game with mouse). And the game is damn awesome. Toshihiro Nagoshi handwriting everywhere... brilliant dialogs awesome cutscenes and a good story. Im really sad to see so much hate,despise and ignorance here. They will fix most of the issues people have if more people gonna buy it.

erwem576
04-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Playing this game FINE with everything (i actually went trough the configuration launcher and changed everything to my pleasure) no problems with graphics,errors or controls (damn its so much better to play this game with mouse). And the game is damn awesome. Toshihiro Nagoshi handwriting everywhere... brilliant dialogs awesome cutscenes and a good story. Im really sad to see so much hate,despise and ignorance here. They will fix most of the issues people have if more people gonna buy it.

What game are you playing? ;)

xpruk00
04-29-2012, 11:43 AM

how the hell did you fix that mouse acceleration problem?? Didn't succeed to fix in in demo :-(

erwem576
04-29-2012, 11:46 AM
how the hell did you fix that mouse acceleration problem?? Didn't succeed to fix in in demo :-(

I'd like to know that as well.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2672146

^^ I know some people are trying this. No guarantees, though.

kmrking
04-29-2012, 01:46 PM
i played the demo. worst peice of crap ive played in a long time

LoboFHmod
04-29-2012, 03:24 PM
What game are you playing? ;)
Binary Domain, Mr.My opinion is God's word.

Personally I think is the best game of 2012 up to this moment alongside Mass Effect, no ifs or buts about it.

It was a puzzling surprise, terrible FoV and weird mouse control (I am enjoying it with controller) but the game is filled with awesomeness in every sense: gameplay, missions design, difficulty, variety, personality, a refreshing change of pace in a world plagued with clons of clons, I.A., shooter mechanics, story, impressive cinematics and visual art, a genious use of scripting, characters, destruction, physics, empathy with the cast, voice commands, progression, design of enemies and amazing bosses...japanese cyberpunk at its finest.

erwem576
04-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Binary Domain, Mr.My opinion is God's word.

You said it I didn't.

Didn't the ;) emoticon in my previous post clue you in as to the tone of my question? Apparently not.

Try being less defensive.

Personally I think is the best game of 2012 up to this moment alongside Mass Effect, no ifs or buts about it.

Can't go with you there.

It was a puzzling surprise, terrible FoV and weird mouse control (I am enjoying it with controller) but the game is filled with awesomeness in every sense: gameplay, missions design, difficulty, variety, personality, a refreshing change of pace in a world plagued with clons of clons, I.A., shooter mechanics, story, impressive cinematics and visual art, a genious use of scripting, characters, destruction, physics, empathy with the cast, voice commands, progression, design of enemies and amazing bosses...japanese cyberpunk at its finest.

I think the hate is overblown. There's definitely some good things about this game but IMO it needs at least one robust patch to fix it up.

Your glowing praise there...I'm still wonder what game you're playing but in case you miss it again let me try this one more time:

;) :p

:)

zarathustra2k1
04-29-2012, 11:17 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHoh♥♥♥♥oh♥♥♥♥Ican'tbreatheIcan'tb reatheAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAe tcadnauseam...

*wipes tear*

Thanks for that, man. Haven't laughed like that for ages. :D

P.S. THANK YOU, Steam, for the demo; saved me dropping some beer vouchers on this utter poo...

s1234567890m
04-29-2012, 11:24 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHoh♥♥♥♥oh♥♥♥♥Ican'tbreatheIcan'tb reatheAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAe tcadnauseam...

*wipes tear*

Thanks for that, man. Haven't laughed like that for ages. :D

P.S. THANK YOU, Steam, for the demo; saved me dropping some beer vouchers on this utter poo...

i never figured out why people say console kiddies are worse the pc players. with prime specimums in our corner like this guy

LoboFHmod
04-30-2012, 07:22 AM
i never figured out why people say console kiddies are worse the pc players. with prime specimums in our corner like this guy
/claps

dark_inferno
04-30-2012, 08:27 AM

I dont know... didnt had that problem.

Zealto
04-30-2012, 11:41 AM

I found it quite humorous that someone mentioned mass effect 3 was anything but utter ♥♥♥♥ as well. Saying this game contends with some of the other games that have already come out this year only adds to that.

AlexiiKK
04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Cant stand consoles for the ♥♥♥♥ed up ( for me )controller. Keyboard and mouse all the way. If they implement mouse / keys on the consoles - ill go into the store and buy 1 of each that same fking day. And play all the titles i missed due to em being console exclusive ( helooooo HALO )
But in unrelated news Binary Domain is AWESOME! Whoever says otherwise should follow the advice of Xzibit. Find the highest point in ur house and proceed.

kaboro
04-30-2012, 08:04 PM
This game has some issues yes, but its not a horrible game, its not a rip-off, its a decent effort actually.
So why be happy when/if the game "bombs"?
I like Binary Domain a lot more than CoD actually, its less flash and more substance.
If Sega took that extra step and made the effort to do a decent PC port (which they didnt), this game would have been a huge hit and taught PC developers a lesson or two about innovation and originality.

CrαB
05-01-2012, 01:49 AM
If they implement mouse / keys on the consoles - ill go into the store and buy 1 of each that same fking day.

Google XIM3/ XIM Edge.

roxahris
05-02-2012, 12:10 PM
it already had a lot going against it being perceived as a japanese gow clone and being a late console port so you'd think they would have done everything in their power to make the PC version worthy but they had to screw it up with the god awful mouse acceleration that makes the game unplayable. You're calling this game a Gears of War clone? What, because it's a cover-based shooter with an over-shoulder perspective? There's a name for those types of games, and they're called third-person shooters. Binary Domain, however, is nowhere near as brown. It also doesn't use the Unreal Engine. There's some kinda talk about it having similar character interaction, but with Gears of War you probably can't respond to squadmates. And, well, stuff like bossfights and amusing cutscenes, really neat music, those short interaction scenes...
But, hey, details aside, when you get down to it... clones look the same on the surface. Binary (http://i.imgur.com/ZSTra.jpg) Domain (http://i.imgur.com/xOoEn.jpg) doesn't look like Gears of War (http://gamestoaster.com/wp-content/gallery/gears-of-war-2/sunken_city.jpg).

DontForkWitMe
05-02-2012, 12:40 PM
You're calling this game a Gears of War clone? What, because it's a cover-based shooter with an over-shoulder perspective? There's a name for those types of games, and they're called third-person shooters. Binary Domain, however, is nowhere near as brown. It also doesn't use the Unreal Engine. There's some kinda talk about it having similar character interaction, but with Gears of War you probably can't respond to squadmates. And, well, stuff like bossfights and amusing cutscenes, really neat music, those short interaction scenes...
But, hey, details aside, when you get down to it... clones look the same on the surface. Binary (http://i.imgur.com/ZSTra.jpg) Domain (http://i.imgur.com/xOoEn.jpg) doesn't look like Gears of War (http://gamestoaster.com/wp-content/gallery/gears-of-war-2/sunken_city.jpg).

if you actually had some reading comprehension during your estrogen induced hissy fit, you'd realize i never said the game was a gow clone and that it was only "perceived" as one just like any other cover based shooter is by many people at first glance. i never stated any negatives towards the gameplay/story/music and simply targeted the crappy sluggish mouse aiming which IS a problem for me and obviously a lot of other people based on the replies. Now if you would take the time to reread my topic closely then you'd realize how stupid and unnecessary your above tirade is.

roxahris
05-02-2012, 10:38 PM
if you actually had some reading comprehension during your estrogen induced hissy fit, you'd realize i never said the game was a gow clone and that it was only "perceived" as one just like any other cover based shooter is by many people at first glance. i never stated any negatives towards the gameplay/story/music and simply targeted the crappy sluggish mouse aiming which IS a problem for me and obviously a lot of other people based on the replies. Now if you would take the time to reread my topic closely then you'd realize how stupid and unnecessary your above tirade is.Cry me a river. You're the one who started a topic with a name to the effect of "THANK GOODNESS THIS GAME ISN'T SUCCESSFUL". What, and that's not indicative of any ill will towards the game? Well, excuse me for reading between the lines and not taking things at face value with an opener like that. You're telling me the sole reason you'd want to see the game fail is because the mouse control is a little off? And because the porting is about on par with most console -> PC conversions? I don't buy that.

haps88
05-03-2012, 08:56 AM
I agree game itself is good.And fov and mouse controls are just two, small issues easy to fix. However, they make game unplayable for me. I have nothing against gamepads, as long as i dont use it for aiming... I can get used to controls but i will never be able to play with FOV like 50. Still good but unplayable game is a fail ;)

a_nevels666
05-03-2012, 09:39 AM
I agree game itself is good.And fov and mouse controls are just two, small issues easy to fix. However, they make game unplayable for me. I have nothing against gamepads, as long as i dont use it for aiming... I can get used to controls but i will never be able to play with FOV like 50. Still good but unplayable game is a fail ;)

Well they jusy patched both the FOV and the mouse controls. Problem solved. :P

haps88
05-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Yaa now i=happy ;) Standard FOV 38 hahaha how could somone not complain about that.