PDA

View Full Version : Play all your games in Windowed borderless mode.

Pages : [1] 2

Hellstrong
04-29-2012, 10:36 AM
You can get help and download the app here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming/discussions

This application is able to make almost any game run in borderless windowed aka. fake fullscreen.

Please post in this tread if you tested it with a game not yet on the list.

This app has been successfully tested with the following games.

Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (reduces quallity)
AirMech
Alan Wake
ARMA II
ARMA II: Combined Operations
ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead
Assassin's Creed
Banished
Battlefield 3
Beat Hazard
BioShock
BIT.TRIP BEAT
BIT.TRIP CORE
BIT.TRIP FATE
BIT.TRIP FLUX
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
BIT.TRIP VOID
Brütal Legend
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Juarez
Caster
Castle of Illusion
Ceville
Cloudbuilt
Containment: The Zombie Puzzler
Costume Quest
Crysis
Crysis 3
Crysis Warhead
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
Darksiders II
DayZ MOD
DayZ SA Standalone (read instructions here (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming/discussions/0/846966336034334756/#c630802344036199633))
Dead Pixels
Dead Space 2
DeathSpank
Democracy 3
Deponia
Deponia: The Complete Journey
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Deus Ex: Human revolution
Diamond Dan
Divinity II: Developer's Cut
Don't Starve!
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Driver San Francisco
Droplitz
Duke Nukem Forever
Dwarfs - F2P
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
ePSXe
Ever Quest 2
Fable III
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas (read instructions here (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming/discussions/0/846966336034334756/#c630800446330344933))
Fez
Final Fantasy VIII
Future Wars
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Hitman Absolution
Infestation: Survivor Stories
Killing Floor
Kung Fu Strike - The Warrior's Rise
LightFish
LIMBO (read instructions here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31774240&postcount=46))
Madballs in Babo:Invasion
Mafia II
Magic 2014 — Duels of the Planeswalkers
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
Magicka
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Minecraft (refer to this (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30529472&postcount=9) post)
Mount & Blade: Warband
NBA 2K13
Nexuiz
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
OMG Zombies!
Orcs Must Die 2
Payday 2
PAYDAY: The Heist
Plain Sight
PlanetSide2
Pound of Ground
Prison Architect
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
Project Temporality
Project Zomboid
Psychonauts
RAGE
Rayman Legends
Red Faction Guerrilla
Red Faction: Armageddon
Renegade Ops
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Revelations / Biohazard Revelations UE
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Ridge Racer Unbound
Saints Row
Saints Row: the Third (you can also use this launcher (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279474))
Shank 1
SimCity
Skyrim (refer to this (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30529529&postcount=10) post)
Sleeping Dogs
Sniper Elite V2
Space Pirates and Zombies
Speedball 2 HD
Spelunky
Spore
Spore Galactic Adventures
Starlight Inception
State of Decay
Street Fighter X Tekken
Strike Suit Zero
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Take On Mars
Talisman: Digital Edition
The Darkness II
The Elder Scrolls Online
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The King Of Fighters XIII
The ship
The Sims 3
The Walking Dead
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (instructions here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31970402&postcount=55))
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Titan Quest
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II
Torchlight
Total War: ROME II
Toy Soldiers
Trials Evolution Gold Edition
Tropico 4
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta
War of the Roses
Warcraft 3
WarZ

This app is known not to work with the following games

Batman: Arkham City[/*]
Damnation[/*]
DC Universe Online[/*]
Dungeon Defenders[/*]
Puzzle Kingdoms[/*]
the Haunted: Hells Reach[/*]

jasonbecker83
04-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Can you please provide a virus total scan ? :)
looks interesting!

Hellstrong
04-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Can you please provide a virus total scan ? :)
looks interesting!https://www.virustotal.com/file/ce11162bc66cdf1e409160b353e005a56528d13a6643754aaa 3f9af6467f83a5/analysis/1335728971/

Also no one ever had issuess with my other apps i put on the forum :-)
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279474

Pheace
04-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I certainly hope some time soon developers will start using Fullscreen Windowed more. It's really great.

Hellstrong
04-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Yes i like it much better, alt/tabbing gives issuess with some games if they are fullscreen and it goes to slow.
The window style's are set by the games engines, and allot of game devs use a 3rd party engine, so lets hope engine devs add it in :-)

camper_
04-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Any idea on how to make Revelations windowed?
And would you share the source code?

Minor note, it crashed VLC player :)

TheSagetEffect
04-29-2012, 02:39 PM
So far it works with Skyrim, but it only seems to fit the resolution that the game window has. Skyrim doesn't support 1600x900 in window mode. Is there any way I can force 1600x900 via your app, not the game?

Hellstrong
04-29-2012, 02:50 PM
@camper_ you tried to set VLC player borderless? if you added it by accident just remove the window like in the instructions in post#1
I dont have Revelations, so i wouldnt know

@TheSagetEffect It probably wont be possible with most games to change the window size, but ill add an option so you can at least attempt it.
PS: it would be better if the game has a config file you could edit to force your native resolution., i dont have the game myself

TheSagetEffect
04-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Also works with Minecraft (for anyone wondering, I set the resolution with the Magic Launcher available on the MC forums).

TheSagetEffect
04-29-2012, 02:58 PM
PS: it would be better if the game has a config file you could edit to force your native resolution., i dont have the game myself

Just went digging through the settings .ini and found that exact option. Now I have it running in borderless window mode. Great mod, I'll have to see if it affects performance at all.

For any other Skyrim addicts out there, you can manually change the resolution to options not permitted in the launcher settings by going to the SkyrimPrefs.ini (not skyrim.ini) in Documents/My Games/Skyrim.

Find and change iSizeH to the height value (usually smaller, for 1600x900 it would be 900) and iSizeW to the width value. You'll want to enable windowed mode before you do this, by ticking the box in the launcher settings.

Amy
04-29-2012, 03:03 PM
I wonder if it's gonna make me VAC banned tho.

Hellstrong
04-29-2012, 03:12 PM
I wonder if it's gonna make me VAC banned tho.
Good point, all it does is check the window,class, process-name and style of the windows, it most likely wont detect that, but i cant say 100% for sure.
However since VAC does only check while in multiplayer game, just to be sure you can close the app after it set the window style, cause it really doesn't need to do anything after setting the window style.

PS: all source engine games have a borderless option already built in.

Find the game in your library
Right-click the game, and open "properties".
Select "set launch options"
Add "-windowed -noborder" to the text box
Click OK and exit. The game will now launch in borderless window mode.

Hellstrong
04-29-2012, 03:29 PM
@TheSagetEffect glad you got it solved, i added resize options if you ever run in to a similar issue, just note it most likely wont work.
Info on how to in Post #1

Xylon1
04-30-2012, 03:15 AM
It works relatively well for Torchlight, as you can see in this (http://i.imgur.com/kdWJn.jpg) screenshot. Some parts are a bit misaligned, but that doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Ardbug
04-30-2012, 03:37 AM
It works ok with M&B warband as well.

TheTrueOutcast
04-30-2012, 05:09 AM
Please do this it is sooo worth the effort!

Hellstrong
04-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for posting the games guys

It works relatively well for Torchlight, as you can see in this (http://i.imgur.com/kdWJn.jpg) screenshot. Some parts are a bit misaligned, but that doesn't seem to cause any problems.is that with or without resizing?

Xylon1
04-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks for posting the games guys

is that with or without resizing?

Without, I haven't made any adjustments to the config file and the game itself already runs at 1900*1200.

SeriousUser
04-30-2012, 11:11 AM
So what's the difference between this and ShiftWindow o_O

Hellstrong
04-30-2012, 01:01 PM
So what's the difference between this and ShiftWindow o_O
Cool never heard of it, seems pretty similar.
Few difference i see are.
This is smaller.
This doesn't require a installation, its just the exe and the config file.
Its simpler, as all you need to do is press F3 and never bother with anything ever again.
Considering the lack of interface etc. i'd assume mine also uses less memory.

SeriousUser
04-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Cool never heard of it, seems pretty similar.
Few difference i see are.
This is smaller.
This doesn't require a installation, its just the exe and the config file.
Its simpler, as all you need to do is press F3 and never bother with anything ever again.
Considering the lack of interface etc. i'd assume mine also uses less memory.

No installation? You sold me on that! Thanks for the great tool! :cool:

Gus_HFS
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
That's interesting.....
I will probably use this someday, thanks.

ExtraCheesyPie
04-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Does it work on Gmod?

Hellstrong
04-30-2012, 05:13 PM
probably but all source engine games have a borderless option already built in.

Find the game in your library
Right-click the game, and open "properties".
Select "set launch options"
Add "-windowed -noborder" to the text box (start with a space)
Click OK and exit. The game will now launch in borderless window mode.

lazar
04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Hmm seems interesting. Anyway thanks for info.

Hellstrong
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Made a little update.
After adding a game it now checks if it actually worked, if it didn't work it wont save the setting so you don't have to manually delete the game from the settings.

Andytizershiny
05-03-2012, 07:28 AM
I'd be interested if this is an improvement over using say, AutoHotKey to remove the border: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Borderless_Fullscreen_Windowed

Please add to the list of methods if you have time :).

Hellstrong
05-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Update: bit embarrassing, i added the parameters for resizing to the last update, but i forgot to make it actually do the resizing itself, so thats fixed now, tested to work with "Containment: The Zombie Puzzler (http://store.steampowered.com/app/203560/)"
Also fixed a issue saving info for windows that use square brackets in their title.

BenWah
05-07-2012, 04:35 PM
+rep praise for good app thank you

Hellstrong
05-10-2012, 04:06 AM
+rep praise for good app thank you

Collnel
05-14-2012, 01:54 AM
This was exactly what i were searching for, thanks to this little program i can play with one monitor while in the other i have my desktop and stuff, other programs like that were not allowing me to change the position of the screen or they would take all the 2 screens with the risolution of one scretching the image as hell.

BUT

I don't know how to explain it very well but it seems like the games takes the extra space of the window for themselves
example, if i have a 1280x1024 resolution when i use this program the games becomes 1290x1044 ( or something like that, they take the extra space from the window and use it for themselves, 5 pixels on the sides and 10 or more from the upside and downside ), and this is very bad because it offset everything and sometimes is visibile the emulation of the screen ( on text and on moving images is very visible )

hopefully I solved putting height and width at 1280x1024 but I read that is not always working

Hellstrong
05-15-2012, 04:10 AM
well they don't take up the window size, but your right about the size, allot of game engines, don't render their window in the resolution they claim.
Got resizing to work on most games now, but whether aspect ratio is maintained or not is fully dependable on the game's engine.

Collnel
05-15-2012, 10:30 AM
It's a bit strange anyway, because the game know exactly were the buttons and clicable things should be with the normal resolution, but they're not aligned with the image itself ( expecially when i tryed to offeset the position with posY before i tryed to resize the image )
Anyway, as long resize works, this is not a relevant issue and it's a great program, i love it.

A little suggestion: it would be nice to have an option to let it start at windows startup

Hellstrong
05-22-2012, 03:48 PM
A little suggestion: it would be nice to have an option to let it start at windows startup
Option added :-)
(also works with the other games from bundle)

Hellstrong
05-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Works with "the Ship" (from the Indie Royale bundle) since it uses VAC dont forget to close the program before joining a server just to be safe

cybz96
06-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Hey that's amazing thanks a lot for the effort it works great and it's very simple to use. I will make good use of it. However certain games (Skyrim) runs slower in window mode, not sure why.

frankyboy
06-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Hellstrong, first of all, thanks for great app...
helped a lot xD
i've met one problem tho, that may not caused by your app.
anyway, after some time of alttabbing to online game in browser, after switching back to skyrim windows mouse cursor appeared with skyrim mouse pointer.
any solution?
and thanks again for your app

Hellstrong
06-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Hey that's amazing thanks a lot for the effort it works great and it's very simple to use. I will make good use of it. However certain games (Skyrim) runs slower in window mode, not sure why.
Some games will perform better or worse usually depending on your desktop theme.
Myself im using windows classic theme with all visual enhancements turned off which usually makes games run allot better.
Thats the best solution but probably not too prefered with most of you :-p

another solution is to rightclick the game;s .exe file and go to the compatibillity tab. and select "disable visual themes" this disables any theme styles on the game window which might make a difference.

Also youi could go to your visual theme settings and turn stuff off that barely are visible, like window shadows etc.

Hellstrong, first of all, thanks for great app...
helped a lot xD
i've met one problem tho, that may not caused by your app.
anyway, after some time of alttabbing to online game in browser, after switching back to skyrim windows mouse cursor appeared with skyrim mouse pointer.
any solution?
and thanks again for your app
usually engines confine the actual mouse pointer to an area and/or hide it, if its only happening between your browser game and Skyrim they probably conflict with each-other.
Try before going back to skyrim to open a new browser tab so the active tab is not that other game.

frankyboy
06-21-2012, 09:32 AM
usually engines confine the actual mouse pointer to an area and/or hide it, if its only happening between your browser game and Skyrim they probably conflict with each-other.
Try before going back to skyrim to open a new browser tab so the active tab is not that other game.

thanks a lot for tip... so easy lol

jacmiszcz92
06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
MSI Afterburner OSD doesn't work in this windowed mode. Any ideas how to get it working?

Hellstrong
06-22-2012, 04:03 PM
MSI Afterburner OSD doesn't work in this windowed mode. Any ideas how to get it working?not sure if your joking...

meatee
07-13-2012, 09:14 AM
I used this to fix a stuttering / v-sync issue with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. In full-screen with v-sync enabled, cut scenes stutter horribly, but play fine in windowed mode. Using this, I can play the game in fullscreen and the cut scenes don't stutter. Thanks!

vbnm2477
07-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Anyone having problems using this with Mass Effect?

Just trying the app for the first time, I run Mass Effect in windowed mode then try to add it to the app, I hit f3 and for a split second the game screen fills the monitor then the borders re-appear. Am I doing something wrong or is ME just one of those awkward games?

Awesome app btw, +rep even though I don't yet have a game running on it :P

Hellstrong
07-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Anyone having problems using this with Mass Effect?

Just trying the app for the first time, I run Mass Effect in windowed mode then try to add it to the app, I hit f3 and for a split second the game screen fills the monitor then the borders re-appear. Am I doing something wrong or is ME just one of those awkward games?

Awesome app btw, +rep even though I don't yet have a game running on it :P
The game's engine is forcing the window style periodically, from what you wrote.

Hellstrong
07-16-2012, 02:19 PM
With the summer sale going on feel free to post working or not working games, ill keep updating the list and update the app if necessary.

Hellstrong
07-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Instructions for LIMBO (paths may be diffrent if Steam is not installed at default location))

Go to
64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\limbo
32bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\limbo

Open the file "settings.txt" and change "windowedmode = true" to "windowedmode = false"
You also might want to change "backbufferheight = 720" to the height of your native resolution.

Save and close the file.
Launch the game add it to your "Windowed Borderless Gaming" app then open up the apps settings and select LIMBO to add the proper resolution

Sindahive
07-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Bumping this great tool. It works!

Hellstrong
07-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Posted an update
Should be totally noob proof now ;-)

1.1 Notes:

App now needs even less memory. (and I'm planning to get it down even more ^_^)
There is now a proper settings menu, so you can edit your game settings and apply them without restarting the game. (The config file is still available for whoever wants to do it manual) Settings are launched as a separate process to not increase need for resources.
Config file is written more tidy to increase reading/writing actions speed for those who have a huge list of games added to it.
When selecting "Add window" it will time out after 15 seconds in case you chose the option by accident.

Pandemonyx
07-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Using this post as a bookmark as i'm currently on a Mac. Will download later :3

Zombie(NL)
07-26-2012, 04:18 AM
This tool looks prommising, but i can't get it working with The Witcher 2
I have the steam-version, so it is the Enhanced Edition.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

This game does not support the lauch options: -windowed -noborder which i use for TF2

The game has it's own config-tool, and you can make it windowed noborder at full screen,
but then the windows taskbar stays visible.
Hiding the taskbar also don't work, because it will pop-up every time you move the cursor
to the bottom of the screen.

So i want to try this app, but when i run the app and launch the game,
my cursor is stuck inside the game-window, so i can't right-click the tray icon.
When i press F3 nothing happens, the game is not detected by the app.

please help me with this!

Hellstrong
07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
If the game locks your cursor that would be an issue yes :-p
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and select Task manager that usually works to unlock focus and mouse.
Don't close task-manager till your done, and don't set focus on the game window until you selected the add options from the tray icon.

If you managed to add the game could you please post the games section from the config file here so we can make it easyer for other people?

PS: make sure task manager is set to be always ontop

Zombie(NL)
07-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Ok, so this is what i tried:

I use the option "Run at startup" for the app
Start Steam
Start The Witcher 2 (TW2) from the library
You get to see a Laucher from TW2
Choose Options
make sure Fullscreen is disabled and click OK to confirm changes
Now use Lauch game in the TW2 launcher and skip intro's to main menu
Use Alt+Ctrl+Delete and choose to start taskmanager. (In this case Shift+Ctrl+Esc won't work)
Check if Options -> Always on top is on (in my case it already was)

Taskmanager is now my Active window.
ok, so far the preparations, no i try to add the game to the app:

I right-click on the app, and choose Add window (F3): the app says No window added.
I click on taskmanager again, to make it active window again, and press F3: nothing happens.
I right-click on the app, choose Add window (F3) and real quickly clickly in TW2 window to make it active(less then 0,5 sec between the clicks): the app says No window added.
I click in the TW2 window to make it active, and press F3: Nothing happens.

If i ever get it to work, i will post it here,
but so far it won't work at all.

Hellstrong
07-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Taskmanager is now my Active window.
ok, so far the preparations, no i try to add the game to the add:

I right-click on the app, and choose Add window (F3)
I select my game window and press F3

those should be the steps dont press F3 in taskmanager.
if it says no window added it timed out cause you took longer then 15 seconds to press F3.
If it's cause the game slows things down i might have to make the time out optional

[EDIT] if anyone else is using this with "The Witcher 2" please post the section of the config file. (i dont have that game)

Zombie(NL)
07-26-2012, 10:50 PM
it works now!

i read the instructions wrong:

=====INSTRUCTIONS=====
Adding a game's window.

Run the app and start up a game.
Make sure you run the game in windowed mode before adding it to the app.
After you have set your game to run windowed, click the app's tray icon and select "Add window"
Go back to your game and while the game window is active press "F3"
Your game should now be in windowed border-less mode, your settings are saved so the app will recognize your game whenever it runs in windowed mode again and automatically set it to be borderless.

the option you need to click in point 3 is called "Add window (F3)"
so i assumed it was point 3 and 4 combined.

so when i clicked it i waited for the app to recognize the game,
but i know now that i missed a step:

I right-click on the app, and choose Add window (F3): the app says No window added.
I click on taskmanager again, to make it active window again, and press F3: nothing happens.
I right-click on the app, choose Add window (F3) and real quickly clickly in TW2 window to make it active(less then 0,5 sec between the clicks): the app says No window added.
I click in the TW2 window to make it active, and press F3: Nothing happens.

In my case i need to combine step 1 and 4 and do them right after each other,
you say within 15 seconds.

i found out when i tried Duke Nukem Forever (also steam version),
I had exactly the same problem at first, so i read your instructions again,
and your last post was also verry helpfull.

as promised, here is the config for both games:

[Title: Duke Nukem Forever;Class: DukeForeverUnrealWWindowsViewportWindow]
Style=348848128
Process=DukeForever.exe
Width=1680
Height=1050
[Title:The Witcher 2;Class:W2ViewportClass]
Style=382205952
Process=witcher2.exe
Width=1680
Height=1050in the title from Duke Nukem you need to remove the spaces, but i put them there
to prevent smiley's to be inserted

edit:
normaly you can use WinKey+TAB for fast switching, but that don't work whith TW2.
ALT+TAB works normal

Hellstrong
07-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Thanks "Zombie(NL)" ill recap the solution here so i can link to it in 1st post.

Instructions for: The Witcher 2
incase you're having trouble adding the game because the window is always ontop,
just close the game, click this app's tray icon and select "Open config file"
Paste the following lines to at the bottom of the config file:[Title:The Witcher 2;Class:W2ViewportClass]
Style=382205952
Process=witcher2.exe
now the game should be added to the program and it should manage it, further settings you can change by clicking the tray icon and selecting "Open game settings"

Hellstrong
07-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Posted a minor update, fixed a glitch while adding windows, small chance it would ever occur but its fixed now.

Zombie(NL)
07-28-2012, 05:30 AM
I noticed you updated the list with compatible games,
but i have The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition, not the normal version
and i also use the tool for Duke Nukem Forever

hatredg0d
07-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Tool works with SimCity 4 Deluxe.

You can make the game windowed and set none standard resolutions with "set launch options" under the game properties in steam. launch options for this game are found all over the interwebs, including steam forum stickys.

Ruptur3
07-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Works like a charm with Metro 2033.

Hellstrong
07-29-2012, 04:02 AM
Works like a charm with Metro 2033.

How do you get Metro windowed?

hatredg0d
07-29-2012, 02:59 PM
How do you get Metro windowed?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31081085&postcount=6

Theodulus
08-04-2012, 12:21 PM
This is awesome! Got it working with DA:O. Always wanted something like this for a number of games. Thank you so freakin' much.

nizchetus
08-08-2012, 11:24 AM
The mouse seems to be clicking ~15 pixels down from where it should be clicking in Civ 5. Anyone encounter this, or know of any fix? I've tried mucking with the PosY, but that just makes the top of the window bare... and it still has the same problem, anyways. Tried forcing the resolution (1920x1080) in the app, but that doesn't work. And, of course, the game is set for 1920x1080 Windowed. Also using the latest version, (7/27), and I had a previous one not working before that as well.

I'll appreciate any constructive reply, thanks.

Waxenwings
08-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm loving this app! Good work, Hellstrong!

Is there a way to get this program to work with games that technically don't have windowed modes but you can make windowed by hitting alt+enter? I'm specifically talking about Borderlands at the moment. I tried to get the game to work with this app but it refused to go borderless, and on the third attempt the game had a display error and crashed.

Nocturna
08-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Good God! My GPU SKYROCKETS when I use 1920 x 1080 res borderless. Is this happening to anyone else??

Shlamalama
08-11-2012, 06:39 PM
does this allow custom res? 1600x850 for instance so one can see the task bar? i know i can get this resolution in other source engine games...

Tredecim13
08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I can confirm this also works with City of Heroes.

Hellstrong
08-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Hi all, im kinda moving back and forth between two countries cause im in the middle of a move, so i dont have much time for all this at the moment :-(

@nizchetus try to set the height of the window to ~15px bigger then your screen. tto compensate you could set the Ypos to -6px (Y axis is vertical right? lol)
Cant think of anything else atm as its due to the game engine.

@Waxenwings if a game goes windowed with Alt+Enter its the same principle so yes it will probably work.
Unreal engine by default continiously enforces its window style and there for it usually wont work on most games build on Unreal engine.
Borderlands is running on Unreal Engine.

@Shlamalama Depends on the engine the game uses, so id say give it a try :-p

@Nocturna dont know what game your talking about.

@Tredecim13 thanks :-)

soundcreepy
08-14-2012, 09:15 AM
+rep this program has saved me in fable 3, many many many thanks!

Hellstrong
08-14-2012, 01:04 PM
@soundcreepy thanks for rep Fable 3 was running like ♥♥♥♥ on my rig, when i tried this it was running great for some reason.

Hellstrong
08-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm adding support to use 3rd party programs that force games to run in windowed mode as "addons" to this app, Also working on the open-source version of DXWnd, any other similar apps i should consider?

Andytizershiny
08-16-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm adding support to use 3rd party programs that force games to run in windowed mode as "addons" to this app, Also working on the open-source version of DXWnd, any other similar apps i should consider?

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Borderless_Fullscreen_Windowed#Force_Windowed_Mode
There are three programs as far as I know which can force windowed mode:
DxWnd
D3DWindower
3DAnalyzer

Hellstrong
08-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks didnt know about 3DAnalyzer, ill check it out.
Currently working on the Japanese version of D3DWindower, and just finished translating/fixing the Japanese version of DXWnd :-)

Statue
08-17-2012, 05:59 PM
I haven't found any of these apps that manages to get Disciples II Gallean's Return to run in a window. It gives an error however I try to get it. Unusual, since Disciples II Rise of the Elves runs fine in a window. Anyone manage it?

scatlin89
08-18-2012, 05:44 AM
How do you enable V-Sync while using this app? all games i use on that shoot up to 1000fps and it maxes out the gpu usage which is a waste, and creates high temps

Hellstrong
08-18-2012, 08:44 AM
you could use MSI Afterburner (it comes with rivatuner)to set a fps limit, i started using it for everything last week.

Solid Sawyer
08-20-2012, 01:11 PM
This utility is great, it's helping me play Sleeping Dogs with no borders, but the game seems to be larger than what's appearing on-screen. I have the resolution in-game and in-Windows Borderless set to match my monitor's native res. but when I unlock an achievement in Steam the bottom of the notification windows is not visible on-screen. Any idea how I can make the game fit the dimensions of my monitor? I used a negative Y offset which makes that notification window show more completely, but it's still obvious that the image is not centered or showing me everything it should be.

Hellstrong
08-20-2012, 01:21 PM
yep Sleeping Dogs enforces its own size, but you can adjust the games interface in options to match your screen, and use negative X and Y to center the window.
on 1920x1080 i have PosX = -5 and PosY = -5

Solid Sawyer
08-20-2012, 02:15 PM
My monitor is 1920x1200 and I have to do around -9X and -20ish Y to get it somewhat centered, at least what appears to be centered, I'm not exactly sure. I guess that means I'm missing some of the edges still, but it's better than running with a border around the screen.

Hellstrong
08-20-2012, 02:54 PM
My monitor is 1920x1200 and I have to do around -9X and -20ish Y to get it somewhat centered, at least what appears to be centered, I'm not exactly sure. I guess that means I'm missing some of the edges still, but it's better than running with a border around the screen.
Actually its easy to determine, go into the game options where you set the UI size, and make sure its centered in your screen with my app.
(dont forget tho save the settings.)

Hellstrong
08-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Uploaded a new update, download from 1st post.

DXWnd instructions.
This app detects DXWnd if a DXWnd folder is in the same folder as this app's exe.
You can download my simplified version of DXWnd here (http://gc-modding.googlecode.com/files/DXWnd.zip) or get a advanced version maintained by ghotik here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/files/Latest%20build/)
If you downloaded my version just extract the contents to the same directory as WindowedBorderlessGaming.
If you downloaded the other version create a folder called DXWnd 1st and then extract the files there.

Kradath
08-21-2012, 06:54 AM
I just stumbled upon this tool today. Well done!

I'm a borderless fan since years but most tools only worked really flawed. At least Sleeping Dogs works perfectly fine with this one, thanks Hellstrong.

Davvyk
08-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Just wanted to say thank you, i run my monitors through a KVM switch that has non stop issues with the odd refresh rates when games run full screen. This app has let me play Sleeping Dogs and the firefall beta faultlessly so thank you.

If you are taking donations anywhere let me know.

Timrek
08-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Anyone tried on Darksiders 2? Game crashes almost every time on THQ logo... it only works when I delete the game from the tool and add it later past the THQ logo with F3, after that it works flawless.

Is it possible to add an option to the game profiles to activate only on hotkey? or to add an option with a delay entry (5 secs)?

Sleeping Dogs works fine.

Thank you

tet666
08-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Dark Souls works flawless with your app and it fixed the random fps drops i had with the hd mod on my ati machine.

Hellstrong
08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Anyone tried on Darksiders 2? Game crashes almost every time on THQ logo... it only works when I delete the game from the tool and add it later past the THQ logo with F3, after that it works flawless.

Is it possible to add an option to the game profiles to activate only on hotkey? or to add an option with a delay entry (5 secs)?

Sleeping Dogs works fine.

Thank youI'll think of something, but its gonna be after my move though. (a week or 2)

Dark Souls works flawless with your app and it fixed the random fps drops i had with the hd mod on my ati machine.
Thanks i'll add it to the list.

morten2422
08-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Can you make it save the position I choose for it?

Some games has been fullscreen borderless but not located at x=0, y=0.
And one game had some issue so it had to be x=-2, y=-2 (sleeping dogs demo)

Hellstrong
08-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Can you make it save the position I choose for it?

Some games has been fullscreen borderless but not located at x=0, y=0.
And one game had some issue so it had to be x=-2, y=-2 (sleeping dogs demo)
Press the "save" button

morten2422
08-29-2012, 06:19 PM
I did. It didn't save position. That's why I asked.

keanzu
08-31-2012, 05:21 AM
+1 rep

Thanks Hellstrong, love this software. Works perfectly with Max Payne 3 and RemoteDesktop (not a game). Works pretty well, not perfectly, with KOTOR.

Only thing is that the googlecode site has a newer version than the first post on Steam and I use that, not sure why your post includes the older version.

Oh, BTW, I didn't have a steam forums account and didn't want one. I had to create one for the specific purpose of thanking you (I assume you created this software).

Hellstrong
08-31-2012, 07:50 AM
+1 rep

Thanks Hellstrong, love this software. Works perfectly with Max Payne 3 and RemoteDesktop (not a game). Works pretty well, not perfectly, with KOTOR.

Only thing is that the googlecode site has a newer version than the first post on Steam and I use that, not sure why your post includes the older version.

Oh, BTW, I didn't have a steam forums account and didn't want one. I had to create one for the specific purpose of thanking you (I assume you created this software).
Oh thanks im so swamped in RL but i did wanna put out some hotfixes of nasty bugs that came with the old one, but i forget to update the post :-)
And yes i'm "Gameplay Crush" the dude that made it ;-)
Thanks for posting

Patcha
08-31-2012, 08:13 AM
It give troubles with Puzzle Kingdoms.

Pratically it works, but after it's impossible to put back the mouse pointer inside the game window.

It happened to somebody else, too?

Hellstrong
08-31-2012, 08:38 AM

Pratically it works, but after it's impossible to put back the mouse pointer inside the game window.

Not a issue i ever experienced before so wouldnt know, guess the game came with some indie bundle cause i seem to have it, will install and give it a go :-)

Hellstrong
08-31-2012, 09:14 AM

The mouse in that game becomes non-existent, it's not something that can be fixed trough this app or users, i'll add it to the non-compatible list of games :-(

impact nz
08-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Just wanted to say a big thank you mate! An awesome little app you have here :).

Tried it with Just Cause - works pretty well. For anyone that's interested, there's two ways to get it working:

• Widescreen Gaming Hack (https://www.wsgf.org/dr/just-cause) - Use the hack, set your desktop resolution and windowed mode on in the hack.

• Use the /windowed command line parameter.

The best way is the first, unless you are using a native Just Cause resolution (the ones in the settings menu) as your desktop resolution, otherwise you will get a horrid stretched lower res. Also a little thing with alt+tabbing JC, which happens in normal full screen mode as well, is once you alt+tab out of the game you have to wait about 10 seconds before it will allow you to tab back into it.

impact nz
08-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Playing around with some other games, it doesn't seem to work with Guild Wars. Tried to select it with F3 and it says guild wars has been added but there's nothing actually under game settings.

keanzu
09-01-2012, 03:51 AM
I *really* like this software and it makes a big difference to my gaming enjoyment as I have more than one screen and I like to be able to use them all while gaming. I didn't buy those screens for them to sit idle. It also helps on my work laptop with RemoteDesktop as the full desktop with borders is just a tiny bit too big for the laptop's screen and thus requires scrolling. Used your software to remove the border and scrollbars vanish.

And yes i'm "Gameplay Crush" the dude that made it ;-)

I had assumed so but wanted to check before I said this:

So I feel like I owe you something, maybe a donation or maybe a gift on Steam. Something around US$20. PM me to say what you would like and I'll deliver (virtually) within one week.

Quatroking
09-02-2012, 08:47 AM
I've been playing Sims 3 with this for a few days now, works 99% perfect. The 1% is that I sometimes have to re-apply the settings when starting the game.

Hellstrong
09-03-2012, 04:24 PM
I've been playing Sims 3 with this for a few days now, works 99% perfect. The 1% is that I sometimes have to re-apply the settings when starting the game.
Have a pretty good idea why, will change that after the move.

@keanzu honestly it's not really necessary, but you can use this (http://imvu-products.biz/2/donate.html) if you like.

Hellstrong
09-09-2012, 02:50 PM
So far i got it to work on every Unreal Engine game if you have the latest version with the DXWnd.
Just tried it on "I Am Alive"

keanzu
09-10-2012, 03:55 AM
@keanzu honestly it's not really necessary, but you can use this (http://imvu-products.biz/2/donate.html) if you like.

It isn't necessary for you to write the software, post it somewhere I could find it and continue to support it. But you do.

Donation of $20 sent.

Wedge_Antilles
09-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Works with Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. Cool little app, I've always wanted to run windowed noborder on everything ever since it became a stock feature in Source titles...

Hellstrong
09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
It isn't necessary for you to write the software, post it somewhere I could find it and continue to support it. But you do.

Donation of $20 sent.
Thank you so much keanzu :-)

Hellstrong
09-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Don't know if anyone else had issues with "Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City" (Without using this tool)
The ingame windowed mode is already borderless but its positioned way wrong, you can use this app to set it right.

diggler26
10-04-2012, 01:13 PM
This sounds great, but it won't respond when I right click on the icon in the taskbar for some reason. So I can't set it up to work with any games. Any ideas? This is in Windows 7 64-bit. Thanks.

diggler26
10-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Ignore above message, I managed to get it working by creating the config file manually. Program is just what I'm after, thanks! Now the only downer is I've noticed Sleeping Dogs goes from looking crisp and normal, to looking slightly scaled and jagged once the program kicks in - have you noticed this? You can see it around the text in the options screen and on the main loading screen for example.

MrSaibot
10-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Works great!
There is just one thing that annoys (probably only) me.

I use this to play Minecraft in Splitscreen which requires two copys of the game to run.
I have one copy running on coordinats x0,y0 at all times, the other one at x960 y0.
Borderless Gaming manages to put both into borderless mode, however I can only customize one copys config.

If I could edit both, that'll be cool.

Hellstrong
10-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Ignore above message, I managed to get it working by creating the config file manually. Program is just what I'm after, thanks! Now the only downer is I've noticed Sleeping Dogs goes from looking crisp and normal, to looking slightly scaled and jagged once the program kicks in - have you noticed this? You can see it around the text in the options screen and on the main loading screen for example.
Its weird it was unable to create the file itself.
Yes Sleeping dogs cant be scaled, its not a big issue though, center the window, and in the game options you have the option to scale the UI

Hellstrong
10-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Works great!
There is just one thing that annoys (probably only) me.

I use this to play Minecraft in Splitscreen which requires two copys of the game to run.
I have one copy running on coordinats x0,y0 at all times, the other one at x960 y0.
Borderless Gaming manages to put both into borderless mode, however I can only customize one copys config.

If I could edit both, that'll be cool.
No you cant, it doesnt store window handles cause they are never the same, you can however apply diffrent settings in this apps config, when you press "apply" it will apply to the instance of your game that is ontop most.

Aurency
10-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi, thank you for this app first. I found it very useful because all steam games running in full-screen ignore the ICC profile (colour calibration of the screen) so you'll end with bluish, greenish (my case), yellowish etc. gradations (monitor factory calibrations are always crappy).

I have a question for you:
Have I to set manually the resolution for each game or the app detect it correctly? I'm talking about small issues or bugs that could occur like 1919x1199 or 1023x767 (or wider resolution than default), due to not supported native borderless mode.

Hellstrong
10-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi, thank you for this app first. I found it very useful because all steam games running in full-screen ignore the ICC profile (colour calibration of the screen) so you'll end with bluish, greenish (my case), yellowish etc. gradations (monitor factory calibrations are always crappy).

I have a question for you:
Have I to set manually the resolution for each game or the app detect it correctly? I'm talking about small issues or bugs that could occur like 1919x1199 or 1023x767 (or wider resolution than default), due to not supported native borderless mode.
Some engines set the size by window size and others by client size, so by default there's no resizing done, just positioning.
I want to make a setting window for the app itself as well, so could add a option to automatically attempt to set size to current resolution when it detects it should make a window borderless. I find it annoying myself too.

Hellstrong
10-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Works with Loadout (http://www.loadoutgame.com/) to correct size and position.

David_Fielder
10-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks so much for this , everyone I know has dual monitors and this is our biggest complaint! This is something microsoft should have implemented to windows 6 years ago. Cheers!

Hellstrong
10-12-2012, 05:02 PM
They did implement it way longer ago then 6 years ago, its game devs who just never bothered with it.

JetChoong92
10-12-2012, 10:21 PM
there is a problem with Civilization 5, i play that in 1366x768, really the screen seems like vertically move down, and the cursor not match the object in the game. i tried set YPos to -6 and make screen bigger to 1366x783, but still not work, hope this can be fixed

Evulution
10-14-2012, 04:59 AM
It seems to be a great tool, so thank you a lot.

But i encounter a specific problem: in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 the removment of the borders and placement in the upper left corner in its nativ window mode (which is entered by pressing alt+enter) works quite fine, but the stretching/scaling doesn't get applied at all.

Now i tried to use fullscreen again and force it in a third party window mode by using your lite version of DXWnd (using DX9 in the settings btw, since auto doesn't work) and suddenly the scaling works, but in this case i'm forced to start the game via DXWnd which isn't really convenient and also disables the steam features like keeping track of my time and setting me to in-game on my friendslist... so am i just missing something here or are those known side-effects?

What's even worse tho is that suddenly my fps are capped at exactly 60 even tho vsync is disabled in the games config and also in DXWnd as it seems.

So i would be forever grateful to you if you could manage to get the scaling work with games like SSF4AE without DXWnd since it already comes with a hidden windowed mode anyway :3

Keep up the good work, you are a hero for a lot of gamers ^_^

Hellstrong
10-14-2012, 01:25 PM
It seems to be a great tool, so thank you a lot.

But i encounter a specific problem: in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 the removment of the borders and placement in the upper left corner in its nativ window mode (which is entered by pressing alt+enter) works quite fine, but the stretching/scaling doesn't get applied at all.

Now i tried to use fullscreen again and force it in a third party window mode by using your lite version of DXWnd (using DX9 in the settings btw, since auto doesn't work) and suddenly the scaling works, but in this case i'm forced to start the game via DXWnd which isn't really convenient and also disables the steam features like keeping track of my time and setting me to in-game on my friendslist... so am i just missing something here or are those known side-effects?

What's even worse tho is that suddenly my fps are capped at exactly 60 even tho vsync is disabled in the games config and also in DXWnd as it seems.

So i would be forever grateful to you if you could manage to get the scaling work with games like SSF4AE without DXWnd since it already comes with a hidden windowed mode anyway :3

Keep up the good work, you are a hero for a lot of gamers ^_^I take it you have added as a shortcut to steam then right? you can just launch it from Steam while DXWnd is open, you don't need to launch it from DXWnd. so you'll still have Steam enabled in your game.
Are you using a monitor greater then 60Hz ?

Hellstrong
10-14-2012, 01:31 PM
So i would be forever grateful to you if you could manage to get the scaling work with games like SSF4AE without DXWnd since it already comes with a hidden windowed mode anyway :3^_^
I couldn't use different methods then those I'm using now, this app does not interfere with anything then its Windows window, it doesn't need to access the games memory, files or process, if we were to do things like that it would only be incompatible with more games as it would conflict with anti-cheat such as VAC.

Evulution
10-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I take it you have added as a shortcut to steam then right? you can just launch it from Steam while DXWnd is open, you don't need to launch it from DXWnd. so you'll still have Steam enabled in your game. Oh thanks, i must have closed the DXWnd window accidently last time i tried something like that, but now the features fully work when started from steams library. (The game itself is on Steam btw, where i also bought it. So no, it's not a manually added shortcut to a non-steam game, but a standard steam library entry)

Are you using a monitor greater then 60Hz ?Given, the primary monitor i'm using only utilizes 60hz, but i still don't see why DXWnd would cap my framerate... Especially during stuff like the ingame benchmark which now rates my machine a B instead of an A for online matches, because i only get an average of 59,9 frames instead of the >80 i had before -_-

I couldn't use different methods then those I'm using now, this app does not interfere with anything then its Windows window, it doesn't need to access the games memory, files or process, if we were to do things like that it would only be incompatible with more games as it would conflict with anti-cheat such as VAC. Do you have an explenation tho, why WBG is able to remove the borders from the games own window mode but can't simply scale it? It wouldn't make sense to me that an anti-cheat software is actually allowing for the one thing but not for the other...

Hellstrong
10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Do you have an explenation tho, why WBG is able to remove the borders from the games own window mode but can't simply scale it? It wouldn't make sense to me that an anti-cheat software is actually allowing for the one thing but not for the other...
It usually scales just fine ;-) so far only seen it fail on Sleeping Dogs and your game.

fuzzymonkey
10-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Im running the app and nothing is happening. I get a UAC popup which I say yes to, and nothing happens. Nothing is added to my app tray.

Hellstrong
10-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Im running the app and nothing is happening. I get a UAC popup which I say yes to, and nothing happens. Nothing is added to my app tray.
Think you have the same issue diggler26 had, try what he did :-)
1st 2 messages here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2675769&page=8)
[Edit] incase unclear, make a new file in the same directory as the app called config.ini

fuzzymonkey
10-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks, seemed that worked. I also had to kill the old process that was runninng since it was created before the config was made.

Hellstrong
10-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks, seemed that worked. I also had to kill the old process that was runninng since it was created before the config was made.
It's such an odd issue, i can not think of any reason why it wouldn't be able to create the file for the 2 of you, and yet it can write to it, no one else so far on Win7 seems to have had the issue.

fuzzymonkey
10-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Might be a UAC issue, though it shouldnt since I allow it. One more question - I got it working on Skyrim, but is there any way to let the mouse escape the border on sides with other monitors? However it would have to only escape when the mouse is free (IE in menus while paused, but not while in gameplay where your mouse is always in the center)?

Edit: Hold on, skyrim is glitchy. when I alt-tab around and back I get a double mouse issue. One mouse is the regular skyrim mouse and is bounded to the screen, the other is the OS mouse and is not bound by the screen. They are tracked separately too, so its very annoying to play like that. I've had this problem with other skyrim BW modes too.

Hellstrong
10-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Might be a UAC issue, though it shouldnt since I allow it. One more question - I got it working on Skyrim, but is there any way to let the mouse escape the border on sides with other monitors? However it would have to only escape when the mouse is free (IE in menus while paused, but not while in gameplay where your mouse is always in the center)?
is your mouse still locked when alt/tab out?
if not then just press the win key to release it.

fuzzymonkey
10-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I edited my previous post - it answers your question.

fuzzymonkey
10-29-2012, 09:30 AM
I just tried it on Civ V. Seems to work fine. I also noticed that on Civ V I dont have the mouse being bounded to the borders issue. This leads me to believe that its a per game issue, which is fine with me.

So basically, Skyrim seems to have tons of issues with alt-tabbing and borderless windowed mode. This isnt the first time I've had this issue with skyrim - so your app doesnt suck or anything (in fact its very good!).

Edit: Found more problems (oh joy!). In Civ V the screen gets stretched, but the areas on the screen that Civ V listens for to register button clicks do not get moved. This means that the further down I go, the further the button is shown on the screen from where it "actually" is. In other words in order to click the button at the very bottom of the screen I actually need to put my mouse an inch above the button because when Civ is in regular mode that is where the button is.

anijatsu
10-29-2012, 11:07 AM
This app isn't working with Unreal Tournament 3 for me. I'm able to add it to the program and it places the window just fine, but it doesn't disable the borders.
What info can I provide for debug?

fuzzymonkey
10-29-2012, 03:52 PM
So I played Civ some more and I found a quick fix to the bad stretching issue. If you change your resolution from 1920x1080 (my default) to some other res, and then back, the screen is stretched properly and the button's hit boxes are properly aligned with the screen.

fuzzymonkey
10-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Frontline tactics is glitchy. The taskbar still shows after it goes into borderless windowed, but otherwise is fine.

Grysh
11-02-2012, 08:50 AM
The game "AI War" has an annoying bug when used with this program which makes it hard to play. The selection is a bit below the cursor, I believe it's because the game includes the border in the mouse coordinates so when the border is removed the coordinates are messed up. I've tried it both with and without resizing and the offset appears to be the same.

One fix I can think of would be to, if it's not too hard to do, make the border invisible and force the placement of the window to have the (0,0) coordinate outside the screen area.

kalixx1
11-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I tried this with sleeping dog and the mouse pointer is lower then the actual mouse cursor. If you could fix this somehow then your app. would be great!

Starbeetle
11-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Thank you, sir.

PlagasX
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Such an awesome tool, it fixed the problem with Crysis 2 resetting my nvidia color settings. Now my game looks nice and color rich :)

THANKS!!

Hellstrong
11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I just tried it on Civ V. Seems to work fine. I also noticed that on Civ V I dont have the mouse being bounded to the borders issue. This leads me to believe that its a per game issue, which is fine with me.

So basically, Skyrim seems to have tons of issues with alt-tabbing and borderless windowed mode. This isnt the first time I've had this issue with skyrim - so your app doesnt suck or anything (in fact its very good!). yeah any issue is game specific as it depends entirely on the game engine and how it handles its window.
As for your issue with Civ do you have your native resolution selected? and if so does the problem also occur when you don't re-size the window?

This app isn't working with Unreal Tournament 3 for me. I'm able to add it to the program and it places the window just fine, but it doesn't disable the borders.
What info can I provide for debug?It doesn't work "out of the box" with games running on the Unreal game engine, to use it with Unreal engine games first check if the game is not using a anti-cheat system the reason here for is cause you will need to use DXWnd to make it work, and a cheat engine might pick that one up as a hack.
If it's not using anti-cheat then download DXWnd here (http://gc-modding.googlecode.com/files/DXWnd.zip) extract it to the same folder as my borderless app and restart my app, it will now have a extra option to run DXWnd, add the game the game in DXWnd, then run the game FULLSCREEN, DXWnd will make it windowed and then you can add it to my app to make it borderless.
Frontline tactics is glitchy. The taskbar still shows after it goes into borderless windowed, but otherwise is fine.
Only happens if the window is smaller then your screen, set resolution in this app's settings.
The game "AI War" has an annoying bug when used with this program which makes it hard to play. The selection is a bit below the cursor, I believe it's because the game includes the border in the mouse coordinates so when the border is removed the coordinates are messed up. I've tried it both with and without resizing and the offset appears to be the same.

One fix I can think of would be to, if it's not too hard to do, make the border invisible and force the placement of the window to have the (0,0) coordinate outside the screen area.
is that with resizing of the window or also without?

I tried this with sleeping dog and the mouse pointer is lower then the actual mouse cursor. If you could fix this somehow then your app. would be great!
What mouse pointer? you dont play with a mouse pointer in sleeping dogs.

hfm
11-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks a ton for this, it basically fixed Drakensang: Dark Eye so it will actually work on Windows 8. It's the only game I had come across so far that has had a Win8 problem. Not any more.

Hyruliant
11-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Does anyone know if this will work with AC:Revelations?
I wanna farm money from the bank and alt tabbing just pauses the game.

Hellstrong
11-12-2012, 07:45 AM
with latest patch for Toy Soldiers it now also works if you use KB+Mouse on Widescreen and not just gamepad.

TrantaLocked
11-15-2012, 12:35 AM
This works with Battlefield 3. Some mobile card users are having issues, and for me this was the only program that worked. What I do is I start BF3 in windowed mode with the task bar in auto-hide mode, expand the BF3 window to fill the screen, then use the F3 borderless function to make the game appear fullscreen.

Hellstrong
11-16-2012, 05:56 AM
This works with Battlefield 3. Some mobile card users are having issues, and for me this was the only program that worked. What I do is I start BF3 in windowed mode with the task bar in auto-hide mode, expand the BF3 window to fill the screen, then use the F3 borderless function to make the game appear fullscreen.
you can just select "Open Game settings" and add your resolution parameters to the game, so you wont have to re-size it every time.

Kythlyn
11-18-2012, 04:30 PM
So I played Civ some more and I found a quick fix to the bad stretching issue. If you change your resolution from 1920x1080 (my default) to some other res, and then back, the screen is stretched properly and the button's hit boxes are properly aligned with the screen.

Thanks, this worked for me on Civ 5!

Also, thanks to the app author. :)

Andytizershiny
11-18-2012, 04:54 PM

This is an amazing find, I've added it here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Civilization_V#Borderless_fullscreen_windowed

Hellstrong
11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
This is an amazing find, I've added it here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Civilization_V#Borderless_fullscreen_windowed
lol nice this tread is linked on there :-p

NeoandGeo
11-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Has anyone been able to fix the Sleeping Dogs issue with the game stretching itself out using this program?

Techcuron
11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Team Fortress 2 = jagged pixels :L

Anathem
11-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Has anyone been able to fix the Sleeping Dogs issue with the game stretching itself out using this program?

It might say it's been testing with Sleeping Dogs, but it certainly doesn't work properly.

There is a grey border slightly visible and the screen constant flashes.

Hellstrong
12-01-2012, 04:05 AM
theres a fix for it in the tread, and flashing is not normal, might be something diffrent on your system.

Hellstrong
12-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Team Fortress 2 = jagged pixels :L

you dont need this for source engine games. see here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30544770&postcount=24

twotone8
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
great little app! super meat boy has a wee bit of input lag running fullscreen, so i've been playing it in a window for ages. now i can have my cake and eat it too. i WAS using a frame limiter to get rid of the fullscreen input lag, but it always made me a bit nervous seeing as the game is supposed to run at 60fps, and i had it set to 58 to offset the lag. now it runs perfect w/ no lag. i'm going to have to do some testing with this to see if it helps other fullscreen vsync games with input lag

hydreux
12-16-2012, 06:36 PM
thanks for this awesome app. i wish i had found this thread sooner.

these are some of the games i have tried.

Killing Floor - OK
Dwarfs! F2P - OK
Torchlight 1 - OK
Droplitz - OK
Spec Ops: The Line - NOT OK (same problem as DCUO)

will update back with more games later. cheers!

Vilyn117
12-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Saints Row 3 doesnt work correctly. It made it "windowed" fllscreen, but it really just made it fullscreen and made the windows key not work at all.

Hellstrong
12-18-2012, 03:12 AM
@hydreux thanks for posting those :-)

@Vilyn117 Think your the only one with that issue, you're sure your doing it right? also you can use this http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279474

Vilyn117
12-18-2012, 09:54 AM
@hydreux thanks for posting those :-)

@Vilyn117 Think your the only one with that issue, you're sure your doing it right? also you can use this http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279474

I followed your instructions. There's like 3 of them, no idea how I could be doing it wrong. It even "saved" the setting.

Vilyn117
12-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Lol now when I try to do anything with it it auto makes a window for autoitv3 or some ♥♥♥♥...awesome app dude, it works when it wants.

Hellstrong
12-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Lol now when I try to do anything with it it auto makes a window for autoitv3 or some ♥♥♥♥...awesome app dude, it works when it wants.
delete it from your config file.
It doesnt work when it wants, perhaps for who it wants :-p

Vilyn117
12-20-2012, 12:26 AM
delete it from your config file.
It doesnt work when it wants, perhaps for who it wants :-p

Tried that, it just remakes it, I can't make new windows. I had it working before. Seems to be testy.

Hellstrong
12-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Tried that, it just remakes it, I can't make new windows. I had it working before. Seems to be testy.
Are you running on Windows 8?

Vilyn117
12-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Are you running on Windows 8?

Ew, no. Windows 7. I had it working before, so I don't know why it's bugging out now.

Hellstrong
12-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Ew, no. Windows 7. I had it working before, so I don't know why it's bugging out now.
ah ok just checking cause I'm still on Win7x64 myself.
It seems somehow on your system that hidden window is the active window when you log the game window.
You probably already doing this but after selecting add window, make sure the you activate the game window before pressing F3.
I'll try to figure out a solution for it.
I guess if for some odd reason the active window is a active window either i should make it that it fails or it should check which next window is the visible one

J-Sharpie
12-21-2012, 01:15 AM
It works with "The Witcher" not the second game but the problem I'm having is that in the menus the cursor is off set above the interface. So where ever I place my cursor, I have to place it about 20-40 (not sure the exact amount but I'm pretty sure it's around that range) pixels higher than where it's suppose to be.

Enskyment
12-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Saints Row 3 doesnt work correctly. It made it "windowed" fllscreen, but it really just made it fullscreen and made the windows key not work at all.worked fine for me.

give all
12-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Have a problem with Kotor 1 and 2.
Everything works ok in windowed mode but in borderless I got a black bar on the top and cursor shows the wrong position (on the screenshot load game button is highlighter but cursor is higher).
http://i.imgur.com/iCV1H.jpg

Bude
01-01-2013, 03:43 AM
Greta Tool. I got a problem though.

Call of Duty 4 work great, but both the sp and mp have the same window name. I cannot add both of them to the program, because its to different processes (iw3sp.exe and iw3mp.exe)

Blanche Neige
01-20-2013, 05:36 AM
Thanks for this great app !

I tried with PlanetSide2 and it works very well.

DarthPsymon
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks for this great app !

I tried with PlanetSide2 and it works very well.
Thought I'd mention planetside 2 already has borderless built in. They call it 'fullscreen windowed' in the settings.

Blanche Neige
01-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Thought I'd mention planetside 2 already has borderless built in. They call it 'fullscreen windowed' in the settings.

Yes, but it's incomplete : despite this mode it is impossible to return to the desktop or another application. :(

So, with your app it is Ok.

JoWhat
01-24-2013, 06:05 PM
a few more games that works with WBG.

Shank 1 - OK
Deponia - OK

Note: for Deponia, you may have to wait until the menu screen appears before adding into WBG.

thanks again, Hellstrong. more rep for you!

Dillonator
01-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Can I suggest some features? How about an optional, re-programmable key combination to re-apply the current window's settings? Quite a few of my games "fall" out of borderless and into windowed, meaning I have to tab out to bring up the dialogue to apply the settings.

Dillonator
01-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Games that I've found that work perfectly:
CoD:WaW
Mark of the Ninja
Battlefield 3
ARMA 2
Bioshock
Crysis Warhead
Dead Pixels
Dead Rising 2:OTR (with dxwnd)
Skyrim
GTA4
Hitman Absolution
Killing Floor
Payday: The heist
Saints Row
The Sims 3
Sleeping dogs (does have stretch marks though)

vovegog
02-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Hello guys! And thanks for the great little program of yours :)

However, one small issue: skyrim, when going into bordered window, will show my mouse as well as the in-game mouse. So when I move the mouse I see my (inactive) hardware mousepointer which annoys me a bit :3
Is there any way to fix this problem? It doesn't show on screenshots, only on my screen.

.. It's kinda like my mouse hovers over the game - inactive. Kind hard to explain.

robin1232
02-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Tested with Just Cause 2. It causes some sort of ghosting.

e102
02-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Tested this with Tomb Raider II (gog version, but I'm guessing the Steam version is the same), works with no problems

don't forget to also set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the config if you want true Hor+ widescreen in the game. funny how tr2 has native widescreen support when there were barely any around back then

iAutomatik
02-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Works well with crysis 3, actually makes the game run more smooth. Also thought that I would add to make sure you open up the tab menu before alt tabbing in skyrim or else the microsoft cursor will appear in game.

Deliciousrage
02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
I can't make the utility to remember Battlefield 2 settings, because of PID in window header's name changing with each new instance. Are you planning to update your program further, developing more robust ways of maintaining settings persistence, implementing some sort of header independence feature and such-like stuff?

spencer314
02-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Fallout 3 works great with this nifty program. The default FO3 settings wouldn't let me move the window the game runs in but this makes it possible as well as run in full-screen windowed.

Pip
02-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Cant get Chivalry to work. It does say it was added and it attempts to re size the window, but I does not write anything to the config file and it is not in the game settings after it says it has been added

Edit: With DxWnd, Chivalry Works great in windowed no border

Black ops SP works (didnt test mp)

Nyutan
02-15-2013, 11:11 PM
I'd just like to take the time here, To thank you for this wonderful program, It has made streaming games so much easier for me. <3

Deliciousrage
02-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Dude, where are you?

JoWhat
02-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Games that I've found that work perfectly:
Dead Rising 2:OTR (with dxwnd)

can you post a how-to guide for DR2:OTR game? i tried with WBG and DXWnd but no success..

JoWhat
02-26-2013, 09:24 PM
... add the game the game in DXWnd, then run the game FULLSCREEN, DXWnd will make it windowed and then you can add it to my app to make it borderless.

with this method, i believe it is necessary to keep DXWnd running in the background?

fuzzymonkey
02-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Tried it on Deus Ex: Human revolution. It works BUT you have to manually set the resolution to 1920x1080 (or whatever your default resolution is) in the borderless windowed application. This is because Deus Ex has a very stupid windowed mode that does not cover the task bar for some reason. Since it is not covered your mouse occasionally escapes the window and interrupts the game. But once you set the resolution it all seems to work fine

MyEntirety
02-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Tested it on Strike Suit Zero, no issues so far. This gets my seal of approval.
EDIT: Wait, never mind. The game won't start up if borderless is set up for it.
ADDENDUM: No, wait, it's working now. Starts up in a weird resolution though, slightly bigger than what it should be, at 1926 X 1100 according to the game. Luckily, it can be fixed via the borderless tool settings.

Muidir
03-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Tried with Trials Evolution Gold Edition, and no issues so far. I will report, if there's any problems.

Balraw
03-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Thank you for this little app its great for anyone with more than one monitor. Managed to get it running for Ever Quest 2 which is awesome.

Has anyone managed to get this working for LOTRO, while I can get it to run borderless all the menu options/quickslots go out of alignment. You have to click about 2 cm above where they show on the screen to activate them and I have no idea why that happens or what to do about it.:confused:

jayrodathome
03-04-2013, 09:20 PM
don't know what I would do without this app. Thank you for making it!

jayrodathome
03-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Works with WarZ

soundcreepy
03-06-2013, 11:48 PM
not sure if this has been reported or not, but it doesn't seem to work with War in the North, have to alt-tab out and back in to cure stutter......was hoping...ah well, still have this for fable 3

DrDeanDarko
03-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Max Payne 1 & 2 work with some messing around.

Hellstrong
03-10-2013, 03:51 PM
yay i made it on pcgamesn :-p http://www.pcgamesn.com/how-get-simcity-running-fullscreen-windowed-mode

Andytizershiny
03-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Congrats! Although I found some issues running with Sim City, as on my laptop at resolution 1366x768, I have found that there is some scrolling on the bottom of the screen.

Hellstrong
03-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Congrats! Although I found some issues running with Sim City, as on my laptop at resolution 1366x768, I have found that there is some scrolling on the bottom of the screen.

go to the tray icon > Game settings and set your native resolution and press Apply and save, if you havent already, that might fix that.
i cant check dont own that game

It seems to have been extremely helpfull with the new tombraider as well http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29363076/tomb-raider-full-graphics-only-in-windowed-mode?page=0
It's nice when my stuff is actually usefull to people :-)

Andytizershiny
03-10-2013, 04:27 PM
go to the tray icon > Game settings and set your native resolution and press Apply and save, if you havent already, that might fix that.
i cant check dont own that game

It seems to have been extremely helpfull with the new tombraider as well http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29363076/tomb-raider-full-graphics-only-in-windowed-mode?page=0
It's nice when my stuff is actually usefull to people :-)

Thanks Hellstrong, your suggestion worked. It might be a nice idea to put that at the top of the thread.

Eswift
03-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Thanks Hellstrong, your suggestion worked. It might be a nice idea to put that at the top of the thread.

I had the same issue as you with simcity and was able to fix it, as I see you have now.

However, I have multiple monitors and when scrolling left or right the mouse cursor leaves the window and doesn't scroll the game. Any ideas?

Hellstrong
03-10-2013, 06:47 PM
I had the same issue as you with simcity and was able to fix it, as I see you have now.

However, I have multiple monitors and when scrolling left or right the mouse cursor leaves the window and doesn't scroll the game. Any ideas?
Option to lock the mouse to the game window while active is ontop of my todo list, its really annoing for people with multiple monitor when the mouse keeps going outside the window. especially in FPS 3rdPS

Hellstrong
03-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Can I suggest some features? How about an optional, re-programmable key combination to re-apply the current window's settings? Quite a few of my games "fall" out of borderless and into windowed, meaning I have to tab out to bring up the dialogue to apply the settings.
Ok, i've never had that happen so i wasnt aware of this, added to my list.

Nitrius
03-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Ok, i've never had that happen so i wasnt aware of this, added to my list.

Yea, a shortcut/key for applying the window setting on-demand would be nice indeed.

Grigory
03-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Shift 2: Unleashed still have thin white borders.

webtax
03-17-2013, 07:11 PM

this worked for me
, pasted here in case other site goes down

Borderless fullscreen windowed • Link
Functioning using Borderless Windowed.[3]
Mouse offset may be 15px off vertically.
Change resolution[4] 1) Change resolution to any other. 2) Change back to previous resolution. 3) Screen should be stretched correctly, and hitboxes aligned. • Link

it also fixed some screen corruption http://i.imgur.com/KcCSLmB.png note that this things happened in other windower apps, it was not specific to this one

drivetheory
03-23-2013, 01:18 AM
SimCity 4 Deluxe graphics corruption when using default settings.

http://i.imgur.com/L5YYRyw.jpg

setting correct window resolution in the Game Settings dialog box does fix this though, might want to note it.

http://i.imgur.com/Kg3iEDf.jpg

nice program with a small footprint, thanks.

Tr!cky
03-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition ...Steam Verison Works

DN3D on Steam is a bit buggy for my Triple Monitor WIN7 64 bit. I hit PLAY on Steam. Then I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL, then CANCEL and when back at my extended desktop. I'll see DN3D windowed to the left monitor and bam your'e app has it goes borderless.

Bonus is because I have 3 screens 6060x1080 your app also moved it over to my center screen and it's just great! Thank You!!

[Title: Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition 1.0;Class:SDL_app]
Style=348782592
Process=duke3d.exe
PosX=2070
Width=1920
Height=1080

Rhu
03-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Really great app, thanks!

Having an issue with Tower Wars though. I'm using multiple monitors and when I tab out the game scrolls even though I'm not actively in the Tower Wars window.

It still uses the mouse as a pointing device when I'm browsing the web or doing other things.

I know it's not a popular game by any means but I just thought I'd throw it out there to be known :)

whitelightning
04-02-2013, 03:00 AM
I seem to have a problem with Darksiders 2

When i add the game it works perfectly, untill the next time when i run the game (autolaunch).
the game stops responding when the first logo appears.

The weird thing is it was working fine like 6 months ago. Did a Gameupdate / Windows update / Nvidia driver update break the hooking somehow ?

Sablicious
04-02-2013, 06:43 AM
Does not work with TLotR: Battle for Middle-Earth II - RotW-K

Grigory
04-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Does not work with Dishonored.

Linktolegend
04-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Just tried this with Just Cause 2, and it worked PERFECTLY! I just had to set the 1600x900 resolution myself because the border had only changed color to blend in with the game instead of disappear. You are amazing Mr. Man, seriously. You should feel proud. This is about as essential to a dual-screen PC gamer as Ultramon. I'm going to tell my guild about this ;)

Mechrior
04-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Does not work properly with Kerbal Space Program, after pressing F3 no setting appear in either the game menu or the config file!

Alexandra
04-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Thanks for this great app. So nice to have.

It works well with BioShock 2. Radeon Pro was causing the game to crash upon alt-tab or running windowed. I turned off Radeon Pro, switched to windowed, and then was able to reenable Radeon Pro with no problem. Then your app made the windowed mode look fullscreen. Now the game looks great and alt-tab works great.

By default the right and bottom were cut off a little, so I had to manually set your app to 1920x1080.

86Twist
05-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks for this application, however I must ask can you add a config file for the shortcut key? F3 screws up a few games I play because they use those for skills.

I would love to use say numpad 1 for this instead of losing a skill slot.

jansoft88
05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
You can add Fez to your list. Tested it today. For anyone having screen tearing issues with Fez, run it in windowed mode and the problem should go away. Use this wonderful app to "re-fullscreenize" the game :)

masasakia
05-02-2013, 03:05 AM
is it possible to open a game and have the program automatically remove the borders and such...:<
i can't seem to do this

edit
*it seems this only occurs to certain games as "Dillonator" has pointedout
Fez is an example of this ^

few games i tested
does work: Trine 2, Retro City Rampage

does not(returns to windowed when re-opening): Wizorb, Super Meat Boy

black borders: Swords and Soldiers HD, Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year

PointyStick
05-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Confirmed it works on Dead Space 1.

Streaming in full screen on most games does not work. At least with the tools I've been using. This is a fantastic tool that will let me stream in "windowed" mode yet view the game on the full screen.

Much appreciated, good sir.

castun
05-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Tried this with Kerbal Space Program and it doesn't seem to work unfortunately.

Hidden_GER
05-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Anyone got it work with Bad Company 2? This game doesn't really have a working window mode at all, when I put Fullscreen=false in the settings.ini my Mousebuttons won't do anything (making this function pretty useless), and F3 does nothing.
(Sorry if this was asked before, I don't want to read 15 pages and couldn't find a way to search specifically this thread)

Hellstrong
05-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks for this application, however I must ask can you add a config file for the shortcut key? F3 screws up a few games I play because they use those for skills.

I would love to use say numpad 1 for this instead of losing a skill slot.

add it while in the main menu or the pause menu

Skriptah
05-23-2013, 03:29 AM
Hello there. I am currently trying to use this for the game, The War Z. Every time I use it, I notice small lines of stretching throughout the game and on the steam overlay in the text from steam msgs. Does anyone know how to fix the stretching and make it work better? I hand typed in my resolution to see if it helped, and it did not.

DarthPsymon
05-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Hello there. I am currently trying to use this for the game, The War Z. Every time I use it, I notice small lines of stretching throughout the game and on the steam overlay in the text from steam msgs. Does anyone know how to fix the stretching and make it work better? I hand typed in my resolution to see if it helped, and it did not.
The only way I can help you is to suggest you step away from WarZ. lol, sorry.

Maxa1577
05-30-2013, 03:11 PM
+rep :D worked 4 me

nems
06-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Confirmed working:

Company of Heroes

Sleeping Dogs

World of Tanks (non steam game)

FEZ

NOT WORKING:

Scrolls

PicSoul
06-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Hello Hellstrong,

First i want to start by saying thank you for making such an awesome program. I first started using it when Simcity/town:( was released and has worked great! I use it on a lot of games now.

I have a problem though, which has been addressed before but is not the greatest solution.

I play a game called theHunter and when using your app the mouse pointer is off by 14-15 pixels on the Y axis. I click to mark a spot on the map and the marker shows up 14-15 pixels below my cursor. Some buttons are also a little hard to click because of the offset.

The "fix" i am using right now is to set the resolution in your app to 1920x1066 instead off the 1920x1080 that the game offers. The issue i have is that when i do this the Windows taskbar shows at the bottom because it is not FULL screen. I can hide the taskbar but then i see a chunk off the desktop in its place. Using the offset option only allows me to set the gap at the top, bottom or somewhere in between.

Now i understand that this is caused by the fact that in the game windowed mode at 1920x1080 is not true 1920x1080 but, is there some way to adjust the Y position of the mouse on the fly or some way you could add a Y axis adjustment to your app? Maybe it would be easier to add a stretch option so someone could set the resolution to something like 1920x1066 and then your app would stretch it to 1920x1080. I don't know if that is even possible but thought i would throw it out there anyway.

Thanks, PicSoul:)

Nige111
06-22-2013, 01:28 PM
This works fine with Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 when used in tandem with DXWind. :)

falzpamungkas
06-24-2013, 07:31 PM
works perfectly with Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (or series, didn't try on older version)

but notice there still have 2 pixels border bar around monitor?
set PosX & PosY to -2, set also your resolution AND ADD 4 pixels, example :
you have 1366x768 res, add them 4 = 1370x772
now you won't see that border bar again :cool:

otah007
07-05-2013, 11:54 AM
B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Probably the most useful program ever (unlike Windows), this is simple to use and lets you record fullscreen games easily (well, not actually fullscreen...but who cares? It's close enough)

Donads
07-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Really really useful, the only issue that I have with it is that in some games it doesn't even let me go to the game and press F3, it automatically says "Window "AutoIt V3" Added", and adds this to the config file:

[Title:AutoIt v3;Class:AutoIt v3]
Process=WindowedBorderlessGaming.exe
Style=80674816

I'd try to add the game manually, but I've no idea of how I can find what's the window class and style.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

CyanideInsanity
07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
So for me it kind of works with bioshock. It gets borderless windowed working fine, but I can see through some walls, my hands are transparent, and my weapons are completely invisible. Its the only problem I have.

Any ideas to fix this? In case it could be part of the issue, I've got a dual monitor setup.

Tadian
07-23-2013, 03:56 AM
Deus Ex 1 works fine too, no flaws so far.

Im_Special
07-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Why does this require administrative privileges to run when other programs similar to this one do not?

Also if this is even worked on anymore can you add a manual toggle, for people who don't want it to auto fullscreen things all the time, sometimes it's nice to have a button that will trigger it instead.

lukeman3000
07-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Once I've added a game, it usually detects it the next time I run it, but sometimes, it doesn't. To fix this, I simply exit the game and restart it.

Any idea why this might be happening in the first place?

Awesome app man, I hope you keep working on it and improving it. It's really slick.

gmodperson
08-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Works fine with Take On Mars aswell.

Hellstrong
08-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Why does this require administrative privileges to run when other programs similar to this one do not?

Also if this is even worked on anymore can you add a manual toggle, for people who don't want it to auto fullscreen things all the time, sometimes it's nice to have a button that will trigger it instead.
It's a universal tool, since it for some reason doesn't ALWAYS work without admin rights it requires them.

Once I've added a game, it usually detects it the next time I run it, but sometimes, it doesn't. To fix this, I simply exit the game and restart it.

Any idea why this might be happening in the first place?

Awesome app man, I hope you keep working on it and improving it. It's really slick.
I(t might be that the game's window style changes between launch and when it detects it, you shouldnt have to restart the game, just alt+tab to a diffrent window for a few sec's and it should detect the window again.

When i do have time i will indeed add a hotkey option to toggle manually.

Im_Special
08-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Has anyone been able to get Ruse to work? I got it to work perfectly one time, as in the mouse clicks were all aligned properly within the game, but that was some random fluke, now no matter what, when I fullscreen there is some major misalignment with the mouse and I can't seem to remedy this. So as far as I know its just not working with Ruse.

Biffa999
08-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Icon pops up in bottom right corner but i can not interact with it. Adding config.ini in the same folder does not help.

Any ideas?

Using Windows 8 x64.

neoshade
08-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I can get it to work with Darksiders 2 but I loose sound. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

-edit: I quite the game which brought me back to the main window where you can Exit to Desktop. The sound came back. At this point I also exited Hellstrong's program. I exited the game, restarted it in windowed mode, Ran Hellstrong's program As Administrator and followed his instructions after the game got loaded to the point of "Start Game". It works now. Not sure exactly what I did but it's working.

Thanks.

laazrockit
08-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Yes i like it much better, alt/tabbing gives issuess with some games if they are fullscreen and it goes to slow.
The window style's are set by the games engines, and allot of game devs use a 3rd party engine, so lets hope engine devs add it in :-)

And in addition to the better alt tabbing, I've also noticed that since its going through aero/dwm you get no tearing, and it also doesn't add any additional input lag like in game vsync options tend to. I play any game I can in borderless windowed.

onimusha
08-15-2013, 08:16 PM
THANK YOU! For some reason PAYDAY2's 1920x1080's fullscreen resolution wasn't working properly. I had to used windowed and your script works almost perfect! It still had a small border on the left and top but I could remove them working on the X and Y axis! Thank you!

Oh, by the way. You can add PAYDAY2 to the list! It works!

owag
08-18-2013, 03:44 AM
This thing does wonders for Red Faction: Guerrilla's DX10 flickering bug. The flickering textures are completely gone!

Unfortunately I get horrible tearing, even with VSync on! I don't understand; the framerate doesn't go higher than 60, but still there is a tear-line?
I also tried capping the framerate in Afterburner; still tearing. :eek:

Maybe this game just doesn't handle Vsync all that well. Because when I force VSync ON in the drivers, I'm not VSynced if I turn it OFF ingame...

Im_Special
08-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Use D3DOverrider

Kientero
08-29-2013, 05:39 AM
I just tried to use this on The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, but even tho it says it's been added, nothing's been changed. And only a empty line is added to the configuration file.

Kuber
08-31-2013, 05:22 AM
Works with Rayman Legends - freaking livesaver! (Rayman Legends got a bug where it runs way to slow in full screen)

andovo
08-31-2013, 04:39 PM
dead space 2 works fine for me

Alien Swarm
09-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Does anyone know why when I resize a window, all the menu items are thrown off in game?

EmirSc
09-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Spelunky working fine, but gets some randoms -10 fps that translate in to lag. not happenig in fullscreen mode.

Jopomeister
09-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Briefly tested Magic DotP 2014, 2013 and 2012, and they all seems to work. I have yet to test multiplayer.
Wonderful little gizmo you've got here, much appreciated, thanks!

remoteman213
09-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Works with Driver: San Francisco! I was having an issue where it would only run at 1080i, while it was in fullscreen, and i got weird flickering. This allows me to play at 1080p at last! I only wish i'd found it earlier.

Thanks!

lastdodobird
09-22-2013, 04:37 AM
amazing app. thanks.

Theodulus
09-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know why when I resize a window, all the menu items are thrown off in game?

I have this problem in Dragon Age: Origins and I think World of Tanks as well. Here's how you fix it:

Go to WindowedBorderlessGaming in your taskbar and click Open Game Settings. Under "Section" select the game you're having issues with. Once you've done that, type in the resolution you're trying to play the game at e.g. 1920 X 1080. I also set the Pos X and Pos Y to 0. Hit "Apply" and "Save" once finished. Hopefully that fixes your issue.

Im_Special
09-22-2013, 02:09 PM
The problem with Dragon Age is that this program will try and resize the game window while the game is loading, and while it is loading the window is in a not responsive state and it bugs out when the window is forced.

Use http://grismar.net/shiftwindow/ ShiftWindow instead so you can manually resize it while its not loading.

Maetryx
09-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Hey, I just started using this for GTA IV, and it's very nice. Thank you so much for your work on this!

Hellstrong
09-30-2013, 03:19 PM
If the person who i been talking to about the upcoming update kindly would contact me on Steam again, cause i forgot your name...
GameplayCrush

Hellstrong
09-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Posted a new update wich includes a hotkey for forcing borderless mode yourself (F4)
Update notes:

* In addition to automatically setting your games borderless you can also trigger this action by pressing F4 while ingame.
* Included basic version of DXWnd into the package, you can also use a advanced version by ghotik that you can find here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/files/Latest%20build/