PDA

View Full Version : Nexuiz - Should I preorder it?

Blordy
04-30-2012, 01:56 PM
The game is for only $8,99... and it seems like a AAA title... Seems like a good game... what do you guys think? Dx

Levi
04-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Mmmm maybe? I've been playing it a bit and I don't think its really my kind of thing. The guns feel a little boring and its a bit too fast-paced for me.

If you like high speed shooters you might really like it though.

Resonanse
From my experience in the beta it's pretty terrible. You might as well stick to established arena shooters like UT2004 or Quake Live. This game won't sustain a community...

Blordy
Mmmm maybe? I've been playing it a bit and I don't think its really my kind of thing. The guns feel a little boring and its a bit too fast-paced for me.

If you like high speed shooters you might really like it though.

I love Quake III Arena, it's the first and best FPS that I played when I was a kid.

melisgod
04-30-2012, 01:59 PM
I must say i like it alot. it is really fast paced like tribes ascend. you can always get into the beta. the keys are being given by alienware if u want to try it. i preordered. and for what their doing $10 is defenitly worth it. the bugs are kinda game breaking right now but they are fixing them well.

Levi
04-30-2012, 02:00 PM
I must say i like it alot. it is really fast paced like tribes ascend. you can always get into the beta. the keys are being given by alienware if u want to try it. i preordered. and for what their doing $10 is defenitly worth it. the bugs are kinda game breaking right now but they are fixing them well.

This is a good point. For ten dollars its hard to go wrong. :)

Blordy
04-30-2012, 02:03 PM
What's the size of the beta? To download and give it a try, I say?

EDIT: Downloading...

Fick
04-30-2012, 02:17 PM
I think its bad release an indie game near to the summer sale, because a lot of people will wait if not its a must have game.

jim2point0
04-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I played it at PAX East and thought it was garbage. The only thing it had going for it was the game engine, and it didn't look like it was really utilizing it well either. I'd rather play an older Quake\UT title again than this.

jonathanmcleod
04-30-2012, 03:11 PM
The beta so far has been AWFUL. I would avoid this like the plague. I'm really surprised they haven't delayed the launch.

Storm360
04-30-2012, 03:26 PM
From my experience with the beta, just stick to Quake 3

jasonbecker83
04-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I really dislike the beta maps... quake live is better(IMO) and free.

Applebee
04-30-2012, 03:46 PM
As someone who's played the beta, DON'T! It's horrible. HORRIBLE!

Warhorse
04-30-2012, 03:53 PM
The beta so far has been AWFUL. I would avoid this like the plague. I'm really surprised they haven't delayed the launch.

I gotta go with this answer, i had really high hopes for the game as i love arena shooters and still play Q3 to this day and i almost pre-ordered it due to the price. However upon trying the beta it's just not good enough and it really feels like it needs at least another 6+ months of development.

My advise to anyone who is looking at this is, ask for a demo or free weekend 1st (as the beta/getting keys is closed now) and do not just buy due to the low price, you may be sorely disapointed.

Burro Loco
04-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Betas are that, betas. They are expected to have bugs and problems, even awful, horrible problems.
However, Nexuiz's crew is doing an awesome job. The beta has gone from unplayable to awesome, and we are receiving patches daily or so.

The game is fast, quite fast, and the graphics are cool.
For nine bucks you are receiving an AAA game. I'm really liking it and I'm going to preorder.

Just try the beta. You will like it.

Oh, by the way, the soundtrack is very good, the tracks are in a .pak file in ogg format.

Sverd
04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I wouldnt pre-order it, you only save 1$. Wait until the reviews, opinion from people on the forums, etc and then buy it(or not).

WO Saotome A.
04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
To me, so far, it looks like a crappy made Unreal mod game with enforced mutators everywhere.

Might be good for a 75% off on a daily deal or summer/winter sale, otherwise, I personally gonna steer clear of it.

acare84
04-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Buy UT2004 or Quake 3 Arena instead of this, you will get more fun from them.

ComradeLenin
04-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Don't bother.

This was originally an open-source free game before one of the inactive co-founders decided to steal it and sell the license. This is the result. A consolified dumbed down arena shooter.

Go play UT 2k4 or Quake 3 instead. Or hell, go play the free open source game Xonotic done by the real developers of Nexuiz.

Blordy
05-01-2012, 09:54 AM
lol I preordered it... I think I will cancel the preorder in that case..

moronicron
05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
you guys can allways try the original Nexuiz since its allways been free.
http://www.alientrap.org/games/nexuiz

Seba91.Cl
05-01-2012, 10:25 AM
i havent been able to play this beta since day one when i got my key!!!!!!! stupid game!!!

Rzep
05-02-2012, 12:37 PM
For a game that is supposedly going to be released in a few days I have to say the BETA has convinced me not to buy. The server browser is bad, the matchmaking is the worst I have ever encounterd. The choice of making this a 4v4 game was a terrible one. It feels nothing like Quake III or the Nexuiz mod. The maps are tiny. I dont think Ive had a lag free game so far. The weapons and movement feels fine but its not enough to make me forget the bad things about the game. There is simply nothing here to make me play this game over the twitch shooters that are out already.

Fish-E
05-02-2012, 12:41 PM
I think it's ok but I don't think I can justify the money right now.

If you're looking to get it cheap though check out greenmangaming (www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/shooter/nexuiz/), they have it for 25% off and it's a steamworks title!