PDA

View Full Version : Plane for cargo jobs

Cenhinen
04-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi, I've only been playing this a week, but I'm now a little fed up of burgers and want to try the cargo and passenger jobs. Would the Maule be a good aircraft to start with?

Also, does the full Hawaii pack include better graphics, especially for the ground? I'm not expecting air traffic or people walking around, but the ground textures to me look very dated. Unless it's my gfx card of course :)

Thanks for any feedback.

bastila13091
04-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi, I've only been playing this a week, but I'm now a little fed up of burgers and want to try the cargo and passenger jobs. Would the Maule be a good aircraft to start with?

Also, does the full Hawaii pack include better graphics, especially for the ground? I'm not expecting air traffic or people walking around, but the ground textures to me look very dated. Unless it's my gfx card of course :)

Thanks for any feedback.

A) Right now, the Maule is the only one that can haul stuff for you.

B) MSF has better graphics than FSX, but they might not be the best. But it might be your graphics card. I'd double check to see if you have graphics maxed out and your graphics card drivers are fully updated. Hawaii isnt really an update on graphics, just more places to go. Oh and clandestine cargo jobs and other aerocaches and more challenges and the RV-6 and more missions. If you buy the whole pack, it will be cheaper even if you wouldnt buy the P-51. Its normally 20 for the expansion, and 15 for the Maule, but you can get both and the cockpitless P-51 for 30.

Cenhinen
04-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the help, I've ordered the Hawaiian Starter Bundle and I'll have a play with the graphics settings. See how it goes :)

Freelance
04-30-2012, 06:12 PM
The graphics actually look very good from the air, especially the further up you are. That's how satellite imagery works. You get really good images from the air but not so good images closer to the ground. Still, it's not horrible though, except building textures. It'd be awesome if I had spectacular terrain from Flight and the amazing building textures from TDU2 while flying around, but that will never happen.

I noticed some trees tend to float if you go down low enough, but I fixed it according to another thread. Too bad I had to switch it down to Medium although it still looks pretty darn good.