PDA

View Full Version : Tyres!

Steeletto
05-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Err...
I suppose I am just stupid, but how do I change tyres during a race? Don't tell me I can't, because that would just be downright stupid...:mad:
I know I can change to another type of tyre, but if I want to stay with my first choice and just swap to a fresh set...How do I do this?
Flipping back and forth between sets still leaves me with a worn out set on the car, unless I choose another type.

I am so tyred...

faction123
05-02-2012, 09:58 AM
I havn't found a way to do what you're looking for. However if you don't want tires wearing out so much, use the hardest ones (slider to the right=soft, left=hard)

Use the softest weather appropriate tires for training and quals then use the hardest for races to limit the amount of stops.

ltjackso
05-02-2012, 05:03 PM
The only way I know to change tires is to change compound everytime you come into the pits. I'm not even positive that works, because I'm not sure which wear bar I should be looking at. It also would seem intuitive that you would want the tires to warm up, but in this "simulation", I think they use that bar to show wear. Except, there are two bars.

Ruiner82
05-03-2012, 06:09 AM
The only way I know to change tires is to change compound everytime you come into the pits. I'm not even positive that works, because I'm not sure which wear bar I should be looking at. It also would seem intuitive that you would want the tires to warm up, but in this "simulation", I think they use that bar to show wear. Except, there are two bars.

The one on the right is the tyre wear. The 3 bars down the bottom are the heat levels of the engine, transmission and tyres.