PDA

View Full Version : "Orion: Employee Beatdown" article

Ruaidhri
05-04-2012, 12:46 PM
You people should read this: http://www.gatheryourparty.com/articles/2012/05/04/orion-employee-beatdown/

Employee complaints (http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/g2sol/david_prassel_creator_of_orion_prelude_receives/), accusations of stolen material and more.
I've spoken to other modders and developers who wish this to be seen.
They want this to be known.

Beware the damage control.

CabbageFace
05-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I can't read

allenasfd
05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
what's a read

Ruaidhri
I can't read

I'm so sorry ;_;

CabbageFace
LOL the t-rex looks like the other t-rex, OH NOES!

HavocInferno
05-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Wow. But seeing how first opinions and reviews on the game are, I doubt they will get many sales.

Lurpsukka
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM

Exactly my thoughts when I saw the image.

Ruaidhri
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM

It's been like what, 10-15 seconds.
I can tell your reading and comprehension of the article was as intense as a read as Ulysses.

AgingHobo
05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
I can tell your reading and comprehension of the article was as intense as a read as Ulysses.

He already told you he couldn't read. Cut him some slack.

CabbageFace
05-04-2012, 12:54 PM

TBF I got bored when I saw a picture of a T-Rex that looks like another T-Rex. Man T-Rex's all look the same, so hardly stealing is it.

The grass in this game looks like the grass in another, FFS :o

Kopikatsu
05-04-2012, 12:56 PM
TBF I got bored when I saw a picture of a T-Rex that looks like another T-Rex. Man T-Rex's all look the same, so hardly stealing is it.

The SMG that costs 2,000 reloads just like a P90. SOMEONE CALL THE COPS.

Ruaidhri
05-04-2012, 12:56 PM

Feet, scales, the render is the same which you can tell straight by the .gif.
This was brought to everyones attention and unanimously agreed upon in the Polycount forums where it was found by people who work in this field.

CabbageFace
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Feet, scales, the render is the same which you can tell straight by the .gif.
This was brought to everyones attention and unanimously agreed upon in the Polycount forums where it was found by people who work in this field.

Not being funny, the "original" T-Rex looks alot like the one in Jurassic park and the one that lived IRL.

God will be after them, or Darwin, Or Ganesh, Or Mohammed, Or No one (delete the applicable dependent on belief)

They didn't steal anything, things look like other games, but im sure we could say that about every game that has ever been made.

P.s. Im horny;)

AgingHobo
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
This was brought to everyones attention and unanimously agreed upon in the Polycount forums

A bunch of people in a forum agreed upon it. That must mean it's true.

Atomic Hamster
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I have arms and legs in the game and I am pretty sure I had those in Doom! They are just copying everyone, sheesh!

CabbageFace
05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
It's an FPS, Wolfenstein 3D will get them

DrZombo
05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Plus, the article doesn't cite any sources, just speculates... And then again, the writer renders the information he got from Reddit as valid(Are you f*cking serious????)

Ruaidhri
05-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Plus, the article doesn't cite any sources, just speculates... And then again, the writer renders the information he got from Reddit as valid(Are you f*cking serious????)

Information given by the employees themselves might I add.
There are personal accounts littered everywhere.

Should you scroll down this page (http://www.game-artist.net/forums/hiring-industry-contracted-work/15394-spiral-game-studios-dinosaurs-jetpacks-mechs-2.html) you'll find another.

I can Confirm that myself and another close friend were put in a similar situation by David. Having worked on Project Reality (for bf2) and several other modding projects it only took me about 2-3 weeks to see what was going on.

I actually called this young man out in his common skype chat thread and he promptly fired both myself and my associate. (who had nothing to do with the situation.)

He wants to be successful and he wants control. We were very sad to see the kickstart campaign do so well but the ball of yarn is starting to unwind as we knew it would.

Anyone else who had similar experiences don't refrain from chiming in.

There is no "I" in team, a lesson learned hard by some.

edit: I want to make sure everyone understands as well. that the guys who are currently working for him are pretty good guys. I still chat with a few of them

DrZombo
05-04-2012, 01:23 PM
That wasn't part of the article, that's my point

Ruaidhri
05-04-2012, 01:35 PM
That wasn't part of the article, that's my point

Maybe you should recheck the article ;)

Wazanator
05-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Also don't forget what happened about a year ago concerning kickstarter.

For those that don't know about a year ago they had a kickstarter for this game. After making their goal they fired members of the team without pay and didn't pay them until it blew up on polycount, Mod/Indie DB and Reddit.

For those that are insisting that the concept art isn't stolen please take a look at the feet as it changes images. If it was original there should be no way in hell that they match up that good.

Honestly this game has so much bad PR behind it that it doesn't shock me that it is as buggy as a 10 day old body.

Ruaidhri
05-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Also don't forget what happened about a year ago concerning kickstarter.

For those that don't know about a year ago they had a kickstarter for this game. After making their goal they fired members of the team without pay and didn't pay them until it blew up on polycount, Mod/Indie DB and Reddit.

For those that are insisting that the concept art isn't stolen please take a look at the feet as it changes images. If it was original there should be no way in hell that they match up that good.

Honestly this game has so much bad PR behind it that it doesn't shock me that it is as buggy as a 10 day old body.

All this is covered in the article.
People should know what they're funding rather than just what they're buying.

Laraso
11-11-2013, 01:54 AM
A bunch of people in a forum agreed upon it. That must mean it's true.

Well, yes, actually. That's generally how unanimous decisions work. I'm sorry to hear that you are incapable of handling this most basic level of logic.

EDIT: Whoops. This topic is over a year old, I hadn't noticed.