PDA

View Full Version : Post your bugs!

Pages : [1] 2

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Hey guys,

Spiral here!

First off. I want to say thank you for purchasing ORION: Dino Beatdown.

Second off, I want to apologize for the current build that is plagued with anomalies and errors. It was due to a freak last-minute accident and we are truly sorry.

The good news is we are hard at work on isolating these and will have a completely updated version ready to go on Monday. The biggest problems are two main bugs relating to a loading crash and a player count browser bug. This affected many other systems and we are currently gathering as much information as possible

I also wanted to apologize for not being able to post here sooner. I was waiting for my account to get activated but tried my very best to communicate with you guys until I gained access via Facebook and Twitter and having some fans attempt to relay that information over here.

The good news is that these bugs will be isolated come Monday and that this will soon be one hell of a nightmare come next week.

We have been reading all of your feedback, critiques and bug listings and we cannot tell you how much we appreciate your help in sorting this all out. Keep on posting your bugs and we will continue to add them to the list and make sure they get solved and give you the best game possible.

Just hang in there guys, it'll be sorted soon!

Here is a Master List we have going using a compilation of our bugs and a variety of yours:

ORION: DINO BEATDOWN - MASTER TITLE UPDATE LIST:

01 - ADD: UI Scale Slider / Hider (Toggle elements ON/OFF).
02 - ADD: Audio Replication for things including Medic Gun, Vehicle Turrets and more.
03 - ADD: Dinosaur avoid bases.
04 - ADD: Game Options
a Toggle / Hold Sights / Scopes
b Toggle / Hold Crouch
c WASD Vehicle Controls

FIX: [MAJOR] Game Crash occurs after loading for some users.
FIX: Game Error: "Failed to create D3D9 Device" when loading via Steam.
FIX: First-Person legs not being invisible while Cloaked.
FIX: Cannot change settings for Mouse inputs.
FIX: Cannot change settings for Controller Input.
FIX: Changing option settings turning off the Audio.
FIX: Mouse Sensitivity Input issues.
FIX: Firing a Medic Gun and Switching weapnons not allowing you to fire.
FIX: Vehicle flipping corrected. Also allows you to exit a tipped over vehicle.
FIX: POV - Gladiator Passenger Seat.
FIX: POV - Rham Grab encounter.
FIX: DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
FIX: Mouse UI selection cleaned up.
FIX: Game only rememebring some re-bound keys.
FIX: Friends not being able to join eachothers servers.
FIX: Find Servers menu not letting people join servers.
FIX: Find Servers menu not showing servers for some people.
FIX: Creating a solo game wasn't working for some players.
FIX: Jetpack Delay.
FIX: Power Jump Delay.
FIX: Player icons screwing up when entering a vehicle.
FIX: Players being invisible after getting out a VTOL.
FIX: Tweaks to General Player Movememnt.
FIX: Game Process not fully quiting resulting in having to use Task Manager.
FIX: Raptor floating animation bug post-Leap.
FIX: Resolutions keep changing for people.
FIX: Player being able to see his own IFF when looking at feet.
FIX: Any FOV changes made via console are reset upon sprinting / nade toss
FIX: Wave incoming announcement - use the TIP area instead maybe?
FIX: Fix screen tilt for Spectator.
FIX: Weapon mesh appearing in the center of the screen after Scope is disabled.

Williamca
05-04-2012, 05:01 PM
There's a bug with the lazer rifle if you are charging and leave scope itll stay centered on your screen. Might need a fix there ;)

Darrosquall
05-04-2012, 05:03 PM
From the other topic,

Config:

980 BE AMD BE
GTX 460
4 GB Ram DDr2
Windows 7 64 bit.

- Crash connecting Servers.
- Join to a match friend: I see fastly loading screen and return to main menu.
- Crash when I go more times in video option.
- Anisotropic Filter is always resetting.
- Depending from option mený I suppose, I cannot even start a solo match.
- I play 1920*1080, game running in that resolution, but in menu there is 4:3
- Dinosaurs is stucked sometimes. http://i.imgur.com/WASJs.jpg

An advice: hud is not good in game, I got difficult to understand where to buy weapons. That's all for now.

A new one: press ESC rapidly two times, game stop running.exe

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:04 PM
There's a bug with the lazer rifle if you are charging and leave scope itll stay centered on your screen. Might need a fix there ;)

Thank you! Also happened with a few other scope weapons. Added to the list.

Keep them coming guys, super appreciated. All will be good to go soon. IF we can isolate the two major bugs we are hoping to do an update before Monday with all the smaller additions to happen then.

Williamca
05-04-2012, 05:07 PM
From the other topic,

An advice: hud is not good in game, I got difficult to understand where to buy weapons. That's all for now.

Pressing F will show you where you can buy ammo / health ect. It helped me find everything so might help you. Hope it does!

As for the dinosaurs getting stuck AI needs improving. Definitely.
I will also vote for some animation rerigging as I notice dinosaurs that are attacking the generator make no movements.

Insinfier
05-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Lack of SLI support.

Williamca
05-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Oh yes as one of my added bugs, the raptor dying sounds. They should not be CSS dying sounds haha.

Darrosquall
05-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Pressing F will show you where you can buy ammo / health ect. It helped me find everything so might help you. Hope it does!

As for the dinosaurs getting stuck AI needs improving. Definitely.
I will also vote for some animation rerigging as I notice dinosaurs that are attacking the generator make no movements.

thank you. For Ia, I think behaviour is in large part good. Probably can be improved, there are minor bugs like dinosaur that remain stuck in envinroment, but it is good for the major part I think.

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-04-2012, 05:13 PM
<removed Off Topic Post>

No need for the insults in this type of thread, there are a lot of posts on the forum and the dev has included a link for any personal contacts regarding that issue. This is a bug thread, take your issues elsewhere.

I do have one question, will we have to re-download the entire game for the new build?

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh yes as one of my added bugs, the raptor dying sounds. They should not be CSS dying sounds haha.

That is a very weird bug as I don't have it but am hearing it a lot and we are looking into it. It may be the hit impact sound effect colliding with a death roar creating a weird audio bug. We are doing some audio stuff in the update that it may be linked to.

Keep them coming guys. We really appreciate your help and thanks for understanding.

It will be back to normal in no time. Hang in there!

Williamca
05-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I definitely agree with you, T-Rex's should be able to climb up onto the smaller buildings sure. To stop players camping on them at least.

Smaller raptors should jump up more often, but sometimes they run inside and just get stuck in there.

I also believe there should be a bit of a round delay (to allow purchasing weapons/vehicles)

Maybe even add a repair tool to be able to repair vehicles? Only available to support of course to make him more useful.

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:15 PM
No need for the insults in this type of thread, there are a lot of posts on the forum and the dev has included a link for any personal contacts regarding that issue. This is a bug thread, take your issues elsewhere.

I do have one question, will we have to re-download the entire game for the new build?

I cannot fully confirm this. We are hoping no and only an update but what happened was a directory change last minute that is sort of merging the two together. It's actually amazing the game even runs to be honest with what happened.

We'll keep you update about that and as we get closer we will be posting updates about what happened and all of the patch notes that are making it on Monday. We will continue updating until it's back on par.

We're so sorry :(

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:16 PM
I definitely agree with you, T-Rex's should be able to climb up onto the smaller buildings sure. To stop players camping on them at least.

Smaller raptors should jump up more often, but sometimes they run inside and just get stuck in there.

I also believe there should be a bit of a round delay (to allow purchasing weapons/vehicles)

Maybe even add a repair tool to be able to repair vehicles? Only available to support of course to make him more useful.

We'll be updating the AI and Behavior Systems regularly over the games life. Even adding new attacks and modes for each Dinosaur.

Regarding the Vehicle Repairing we actually have that in the game right now! You need to go to the Barracks structure and use the Inventory Stations there as the Support Class and get the Ability Upgrade "Engineer" which allows you to heal Vehicles and Items with the Medic gun!

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Regarding the Vehicle Repairing we actually have that in the game right now! You need to go to the Barracks structure and use the Inventory Stations there as the Support Class and get the Ability Upgrade "Engineer" which allows you to heal Vehicles and Items with the Medic gun!

Some in-game hints would be nice or a full tutorial, as it is right now you're kind of dropped into an area and left to find out what works and what doesn't, so to speak.

Williamca
05-04-2012, 05:19 PM
We'll be updating the AI and Behavior Systems regularly over the games life. Even adding new attacks and modes for each Dinosaur.

Oh that is excellent! I look forward to the AI updates, and added dinosaurs.

I also agree with the above. I suggest adding a tutorial which teaches players, or at least a training mode where it gives them infinite money, areas to fight, and areas to buy to test things. Might help with improving some things.

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-04-2012, 05:34 PM
or at least a training mode where it gives them infinite money, areas to fight, and areas to buy to test things. Might help with improving some things.

This if possible, I like that and I can't give you any rep I've given too much out today so you'll have to wait until tomorrow ;)

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:35 PM
This if possible, I like that and I can't give you any rep I've given too much out today so you'll have to wait until tomorrow ;)

There is a small tutorial that plays out while you play. It appears under the Radar (top-left).

We will do a tutorial level shortly.

Insinfier
05-04-2012, 05:36 PM

I did it for you. It's a great idea.

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-04-2012, 05:38 PM
There is a small tutorial that plays out while you play. It appears under the Radar (top-left).

We will do a tutorial level shortly.

Yes it's so small I missed it :p

A full tutorial would be better, something that explains the weapons and the pods/bays (?) you go into to upgrade your weapons/armour, etc.

StanGe
05-04-2012, 05:41 PM
if you try to connect to a server while the serverbrowser still updates, the game crashes. also if you wanna stop the search, gamecrash.

Jay667b
05-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Some people have been going through the ground if they try to land their VTOL while at ground level - I've been exiting a few feet above ground in case it happens to me too since I've not experienced it myself.

While some people are talking about adding things; I don't suppose it's possible for you to make the HUD (F key) also give dinosaur health indicators? Would be useful for focus firing dudes down.

Also I completed (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541800564433233414/086C25A8FCE93E4F21123C768FB6F8B603712587/) a map (Eden I believe) and I wasn't awarded the achievement.

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Some people have been going through the ground if they try to land their VTOL while at ground level - I've been exiting a few feet above ground in case it happens to me too since I've not experienced it myself.

While some people are talking about adding things; I don't suppose it's possible for you to make the HUD (F key) also give dinosaur health indicators? Would be useful for focus firing dudes down.

Vehicle exits are one of the fixes headed your guys' way.

We can look into health amounts for Dinos in HUD Awareness as well. Great suggestion!

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I will also check into that Eden glitch. It is likely tied to the whole root of these errors.

RagingLoon
05-04-2012, 06:10 PM

Surely the links posted by xX_Renegade_Xx (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30600794&postcount=5) could've been posted with a bit more class, but I found the issues (http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/g2sol/david_prassel_creator_of_orion_prelude_receives/) extremely relevant. The game looks great in the teaser and I almost bought a four pack. (http://youtu.be/po4tQZGsh50) With that said, I will be watching for future reviews and gathering more intel on those issues you feel belong elsewhere--before adding this to my Steam library!

AuLion
05-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I have an issue where my mouse is continually spinning to the left...

The menus are fine, but when i create either a multiplayer game or a solo game, the mouse continuously spins left. It appears to be the mouse, not the strafe left key, judging from the animation when I am in 3rd person view.

I read about the mouse sensitivity bug, and I can move the slider, but it does not affect the issue. I didnt see this particular issue on either these forums or the steam forums (where I purchased the game). Further, I do not have an issue with it creating a Dino beatdown folder and a prelude folder, so I dont think thats part of it either. As this is an Unreal3 engine game I've searched for some type of console command to calibrate the mouse, but I havent found anything that looked like it pertained to my issue.

thanks,
-lion

Pluberus
05-04-2012, 06:50 PM

The menus are fine, but when i create either a multiplayer game or a solo game, the mouse continuously spins left. It appears to be the mouse, not the strafe left key, judging from the animation when I am in 3rd person view.

I read about the mouse sensitivity bug, and I can move the slider, but it does not affect the issue. I didnt see this particular issue on either these forums or the steam forums (where I purchased the game). Further, I do not have an issue with it creating a Dino beatdown folder and a prelude folder, so I dont think thats part of it either. As this is an Unreal3 engine game I've searched for some type of console command to calibrate the mouse, but I havent found anything that looked like it pertained to my issue.

thanks,
-lion

Unplug your joystick/gamepad. ;)

Karagera
05-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I have this issue where I continuously run out of Video Memory.

My specs:
1GB Radeon HD5570 (Which runs current market games stupendously on medium settings)
2.7Ghz Phenom II X6
4GB DDR3 1333 RAM

This is honestly, getting quite annoying that my friend with a crappier setup than mine can run a game that doesn't use a brand new engine.

Mr Sidearm
05-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Don't know if you're aware of it, but there seems to be some kind of issue with 32 bit OS clients (XP, Vista and 7 i think). According to my personal experience when i try to connect to an available online game or try to start a single player session i get a "ran out of video memory" error that crashes the game (same thing happened to others apparently).

edit: I have this issue where I continuously run out of Video Memory.

My specs:
1GB Radeon HD5570 (Which runs current market games stupendously on medium settings)
2.7Ghz Phenom II X6
4GB DDR3 1333 RAM

This is honestly, getting quite annoying that my friend with a crappier setup than mine can run a game that doesn't use a brand new engine.

exactly that, apparently this happens to a lot of people with 32 bit OS, at least according to other posters.

twistedhalo5
05-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I've noticed that when I click (sometimes, not always) on the Refresh/Stop Refresh/Connect buttons in the server browser the game will hard freeze. Alt+tab does nothing. I can however ctrl+alt+del and open task manager, but it's displayed over a black screen (which I can't get out of), and I can't close the UDK process, which results in having to restart my PC.

Jay667b
05-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Guess I can get into some other achievement issues while this thread is up too;

The generic kill 50k dinosaurs achievement, aka "Turok, Dinosaur Hunter!" on steam wants us to kill 500 million even though the description states "kill 50,000 dinosaurs" along with a "50,000" on the picture.

Every instance where an achievement states something with or without dying is spelled "dieing" incorrectly. Just a grammar issue.

"Riding Along In My Automobile" achievement to spend 10 hours in vehicles is showing i've spent zero time in vehicles, even though it's definitely been over an hour "0 / 36,000" along with the "Wade!" achievement to spent time healing also shows "0 / 36,000" even though I've spent a bit of time healing myself, my team and our vehicles.

The "Back in Business" achievement to turn on 50 generators also shows 0 out of 50 even though I've secured several bases both consecutively and getting to the second base then dying.

That's all for now on the achievement front - besides not being awarded the complete Eden achievement while the rest of my team were.

Edit: to add a link to the achievements (http://steamcommunity.com/stats/ORIONDinoBeatdown/achievements/).

AuLion
05-04-2012, 07:29 PM

thanks,
-lion

Unplug your joystick/gamepad. ;)

This was the fix. Thanks a million.

Nixiam
05-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Server list doesn't display the right amount of players who are playing in a server.
I spoke with players inside the game and they confirmed, I'm sure someone else here noticed that too.

Haplo_64
05-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Pressing F4 turns textures on/off, and F5 does some weird green/red thing. Only found this out in spectator mode.

Two things, the Trek79 LMG is useless (due to the spread, and better SMGs), and the firing sound for it is miss-timed, the sound plays for about 2 seconds, then is quiet for one, then repeats, while the gun never stops firing.

Edit: And running over dead dinosaurs in a vehicle plays their death cry again.

Kopikatsu
05-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Pressing F4 turns textures on/off, and F5 does some weird green/red thing. Only found this out in spectator mode.

Two things, the SMG is useless, and the firing sound for it is miss-timed, the sound plays for about 2 seconds, then is quiet for one, then repeats, while the gun never stops firing.

Which SMG is useless? I haven't used the 1,500 one much, but the 2,000 one seems pretty good.

Godofdrakes
05-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Achievement bug: I seem to have started with the achievement for playing a game with a developer.
Not that I'm complaining. Those ones are always a pain in the ♥♥♥ to get.

UndoneBahamut
05-04-2012, 08:40 PM
The apostrophes in the tool tips during loads are all corrupted. Look like rectangles. If this is intentional, then it's just ugly.

Sometimes the game won't let your respawn once a wave is done.You need to 'change sides' with N and then it's OK. There's no other way to bring back the class select screen.

UndoneBahamut
05-04-2012, 08:41 PM

Two things, the SMG is useless, and the firing sound for it is miss-timed, the sound plays for about 2 seconds, then is quiet for one, then repeats, while the gun never stops firing.

The 2,000 SMG is the best gun I've used so far.

Also, the scope on the cheaper SMG and the LMG is awful. You can barely make out the cross-hairs.

And they do no damage. I bought the first LGM available in the primary slots and for twice the price it seems to be half as useful as the 2,000 SMG.

Also, the price of all items compared to the amount you get from enemies (especially the T-rex) is awful.

I can kill 15 raptors quicker than I can 1 t-rex yet I get half the cash from the T-rex.

Haplo_64
05-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Whoops, meant the Trek 79 LMG. Edited the above to fix that.
The LMGs spread is atrocious, and due to that, the pistol can do far more damage (due to actually hitting things).
More bugs:

*Choosing to start with any amount of money is bugged, and you start with 2500 in solo.

*Going to another base during the game, and going near the generators, the message [Press E to heal/start the generators] displays, but you can do neither of them. (If only one base is running)

*I think the settings for easy/medium/hard are also bugged for solo, as I cant tell a difference in damage to/from the player on any of them.

Not a bug but interesting: You can "surf" on the flying dino's backs, if you fly above them using a jetpack and let them fly at you trying to pick you up. But trying this on a T-rex ended up with me flying straight through him, and once landing inside him, with it unable to attack me, but me free to attack it.

Kopikatsu
05-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Whoops, meant the Trek 79 LMG. Edited the above to fix that.
The LMGs spread is atrocious, and due to that, the pistol can do far more damage (due to actually hitting things).
More bugs:

*Choosing to start with any amount of money is bugged, and you start with 2500 in solo.

*Going to another base during the game, and going near the generators, the message [Press E to heal/start the generators] displays, but you can do neither of them. (If only one base is running)

*I think the settings for easy/medium/hard are also bugged for solo, as I cant tell a difference in damage to/from the player on any of them.

Not a bug but interesting: You can "surf" on the flying dino's backs, if you fly above them using a jetpack and let them fly at you trying to pick you up. But trying this on a T-rex ended up with me flying straight through him, and once landing inside him, with it unable to attack me, but me free to attack it.

The 'surfing' thing is intentional, I think, since there is an achievement for doing it.

I've also tried to ride a T-Rex, and I've also fallen through it. And the fall damage killed me. Go figure.

Haplo_64
05-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Ha! I got killed/crushed by a car that was bumped by a raptor, and got the "take 5000 damage in one life" achievement. Guess the cars deal out massive amounts of damage on falling.

Jay667b
05-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Ha! I got killed/crushed by a car that was bumped by a raptor, and got the "take 5000 damage in one life" achievement. Guess the cars deal out massive amounts of damage on falling.

Are you sure it didn't explode?

Kopikatsu
05-04-2012, 09:34 PM

I actually rammed a car into a T-Rex because WHY NOT? and ended up doing massive damage to it before the car exploded and I got the 'Worst teammate ever' achievement. I don't remember what it was actually called, but it was the one you get for trolling your team via griefing.

jmic75
05-04-2012, 11:38 PM
- The reticule for the sniper rifle is far too light and transparent.
- When you create a server and set starting credits to 5000, players only begin with 2,500 credits.
- There is no indication of what difficulty level a server is running.
- Not clear whether purchased upgrades stack or replace the previously purchased upgrade.
- T-rex is able to clip through walls and attack inside buildings.
- Inconsistent amounts of dinosaurs in each consecutive wave (might be due to a.i. dinosaurs).

Neverpleased
05-05-2012, 12:27 AM
-The Energy Carbine is Overpowered. After I got the Energy Carbine the game basically became a cake walk. With my teammates keeping the gens running I never ran out of ammmo and 3 clips later another T-rex went down. From round 9 onward there wasn't even a reason to use vehicles. I was slaughtering everything in my wake and by that round my team mates had energy carbines to, the game was basically over at that point.

-There is an issue with the Rhoms where if one Rhom picks you up, another can pick you up whilst you are falling. This results in the second Rhom disappearing (turning invisible) and making it extremely hard to get loose by melee or shooting.

-The ridiculous clipping issues. Dinosaurs can be hit through walls and hit you through walls if they clip into them enough.

-There is a rendering issue with the dinosaurs. They sometimes don't render even when extremely close by. I get that this was done to save processing power until you could actually visually see the dinosaur. But they also disappear when well within visual range, sometimes even disappearing for several seconds until they surprise you.

-Generators can't be activated. During my match the gens suddenly froze up. My team members didn't respawn nor did destroying and reactivating the gen help. The counter showed that 0 dino's were left but the next wave never started. So it's either a problem that occurred during a base switch or the next wave was never triggered.

-Difficulty of waves fluctuates randomly. Base A started with 5 T-rexs in the second wave. Base D has barely 1 which was no longer a problem thanks to the Carbine. Just seems the rounds are either easier, suddenly insanely hard or random difficulty.

wolfsoldier5
05-05-2012, 01:37 AM
I keep getting a udk.exe crashes and my game closes =/

Spykirby
05-05-2012, 01:42 AM
can't find the 1280x1024 res in the options, so i had to play in 1280x960 (or something like that). It works, but a 1280x1024 res option wuld be nice.

wolfsoldier5
05-05-2012, 01:56 AM
can't find the 1280x1024 res in the options, so i had to play in 1280x960 (or something like that). It works, but a 1280x1024 res option wuld be nice.

at the video options u will see SCREEN RATIO u need to change it to find the 1280x960 res

Spykirby
05-05-2012, 02:19 AM
at the video options u will see SCREEN RATIO u need to change it to find the 1280x960 res

:P problem is that my screen res is 1280x1024, which is no option in the settings. So I have to run at 1280x960 windowed instead.

pasamelo
05-05-2012, 02:23 AM
When I start the game the user "Gundy" appears and I'm unable to list any server or do anything that involves network... I've got to play solo (amazing).

When I die, I've got to wait forever until "next wave begins".

I've bought a 4 pack bundle (me and my daugther) and two friends of mine that are in the same network, when one of then invites the other, they try to connect to the public IP address and, yes, they can't connect. There is not a "Add server" button so that we can specify the local Ip address.

Thank you.

theprogram00
05-05-2012, 02:45 AM
A few things I think need to be addressed:

- In the buying menu for guns etc. you cannot see how much money you currently have.

- There should be a direct join I.P command, for when games don't show up on the server browser.

Glad to see you've fixed most of the issues preventing me from being able to play this game. Any chance you could push out a patch now with your current fixes? so we can actually play the game?

Thanks for the fast response.

VandenPlause
05-05-2012, 02:52 AM
This looks like it has potential, will check back in on it next week if it gets sorted out.

Sethiskai
05-05-2012, 03:18 AM
Another strange bug which has not been listed afaik:

- If you use grenades, during spectator-cam the game kinda freezes for 1-2s. Prolly even locks up if you spam it (never tried).
- options dont work for 99% of the settings. i for myself cannot even disable voice. kinda nasty if you run in one of those screaming childs on the webz :D

Some suggestions:

- Adjust the UI fitting to the resolution or give us "real" ui-options, not just scaling. The font size is horrible on 1920x1080
- Either add real tooltips, a tutorial of some kind or just a simple .pdf-manual to give players some facts. maybe i overlooked it, but "stopping power" for example, doenst even give you a hint "what" it effects overall
- improve clipping and the dinosaur ai (cant be said enough :D )
- add a competent server browser into the game. i played many unreal-engine games so far, and the current browser is one of the worst, no offense. we need a quickrefresh, ping, realtime player count (via quickrefresh imo), difficulty and world info. you would do many of us a big favor to give us a favorite tab and a direct-ip join too, since you already listed your official ips on your page at spiral
- selective muting via the scoring board (for voice/chat)
- rebalance of pretty much all weapons and vehicles, especially the energy carbine and the vtol. IMHO this is secondary though, for now. balancing can be done when the game is stable and enjoyable without major issues. its just a headsup for you that the current weapons/vehicles are far to unbalanced
- last but not least... for the love of god, seperate the rolling with the crouch. its a pain in the a... to avoid being eaten by rexes without being able to roll at "will". the current rolling system is just bad, imho

*edit*
- change the medic gun... its useless as it is right now, since most of your teammates get one or twoshotted as their shields are down. either let it replenish shields too (maybe a bit slower than health) or rebalance the classes starting health for example

Regards, Sethis

Morfar22
05-05-2012, 04:39 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but you can't press the "Reset to Defaults" button in the options menu.

Kzyl-orda
05-05-2012, 05:20 AM
Your site is down, give us the port forwarding to play co-op via internet & router please.

Arthur073
05-05-2012, 06:05 AM
when I press play game, steam says it is preparing to start Orion dino beatdown, my status also says I'm playing the game, but after 1 / 2 seconds my status goes to "online' again. :o

All my drivers are up-to-date
My bios files are up-to-date too

specs:
AMD FX-4100 Quad Core processor 3.6 GHz
Ati Radeon HD 6850
8 Gb

Windows 64 bit

I have no idea what the problem might be, I don't know if its the game or my software or hardware or whatever.

DPrassel
05-05-2012, 06:11 AM
A few things I think need to be addressed:

- In the buying menu for guns etc. you cannot see how much money you currently have.

- There should be a direct join I.P command, for when games don't show up on the server browser.

Glad to see you've fixed most of the issues preventing me from being able to play this game. Any chance you could push out a patch now with your current fixes? so we can actually play the game?

Thanks for the fast response.

Hey guys, these are all great additions. Keep them coming.

Regarding direct IP connect you can currently do this by opening the console (~ key) and typing:
open ip:port

UndoneBahamut
05-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but graphics settings (especially AF), keep resetting regardless of what you change and if you save those changes.

Also, I have no idea how to activate special abilities - it's not listed in the keyboard commands. I bought 'hover' for the Assault class and couldn't activate it.

Freelance
05-05-2012, 08:49 AM
All my issues have already been mentioned in the Dev's list but I'll say it again just to add to this thread.

Aside from the menus sometimes not working and how when joining a server, it sends me right back to the main menu, DEP is automatically shutting down the game. It usually happens when attempting to join a game. Happened to me three times in a row once, making it literally impossible to play anything.

Usually if this happens, you can tell DEP to stop it and add the .EXE in the settings, but any attempts to do so brings up a BEEP! message that says:

"this program must run with data execution program (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program."

This is the ONLY game I have that doesn't let me disable DEP. The only other games with problems like this is the Sims and SimCity franchises, but I can turn off DEP for those games, thus enabling me to play.

Until this is fixed, I can't play this game.

UndoneBahamut
05-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Also, the text for the weapons stations when using the visor mode gets muddled due to the 4 weapons stations being so close to each other.

Just have the visor display one text instead or have it spread out more. Approaching the building from the side also exacerbates this issue.

And the visor vision mode has a cool sound but it looks super tacky and awful. An actual decent effect would be a nice addition. I'd rather have scan lines over the screen or a colour switch like in the recently released Syndicate than this super cheap looking animation that we now have.

_clippa_
05-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Agree about the fov, would be nice for the changes I make in the console to stick. I think it's 90 degrees horizontal at the minute? 100 or 110 feels a lot more comfortable for this game at 16:9 but it resets every time I aim, run or throw a grenade.

Also when running, most games widen the fov to give the illusion of greater speed yet this game makes the field of view narrower. I'd rather neither but it's usually the other way round.

JACKTE.JACKTE
05-05-2012, 09:00 AM
persistent level with minor bonus's.

PanStrife
05-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned at all - but there's a bit too much to read. The list said "Game crash after loading." And I'm not sure if this is the same error, but here's my crash 'report';

Mine crashes during loading, and goes to a frozen loading screen. I then have to open up Task manager and then a pop up for Orion pops up, saying something along the lines of "Not enough video memory, closing down". The game then stays open but in the background with no window. (Running on Windows 7 32-bit). Happens during Solo games since I crash instantly when trying to join any servers.

Haplo_64
05-05-2012, 09:02 AM

Nope, no explosion. Tested it again, instant kill with no boom.
I can understand why, those cars look mighty heavy.

ayman910910
05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
1. is that the vehicles start shaking left and right with a werid out of control movement

2. When a Rham grabs you it kills you even at full hp and armor somehow

3. 5 sally's at the second wave

vesinex
05-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Tried to join a multiplayer game, it crashed, now the game wont load up at all, just sits at a black screen. When I end the program it says I'm still playing it on steam so I have to end the process for steam to close it.

Frenza
05-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Fix the broken achievements.
Fix the broken textures.

All bugs I have encountered is here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2683703

vesinex
05-05-2012, 02:16 PM
The crashed ship in covan is bugged, you walk into it as if it wasnt there.

thefuzzisme
05-05-2012, 03:03 PM
The game looks great but the graphics will not render properly. The resolution remains painfully low even at its highest setting and the frame rate is so bad its unplayable. :confused:

my specs
8gb ram
i7 2.5-3.6 GHz
nividia 580 gtx
with these specs i can run anything so it must be a problem with the game itself. thanks and looking forward to being able to play!:)

euden
05-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Bugs i've encountered:

broken achievements: I got a kill the t-rex just by joining. I've found a hidden vehicle by sitting in a jeep.

Anistropy: This causes the sound to dissappear when changed.

Low FPS on high level system: my system can run games with high requirements with good fps such as batman arkham city and GTA IV. this game is not optimised for mobile processors:

my spec:

Intel core I7-2670QM 2.20ghz
NVidia GT 555M 2GB
8GB RAM

Thanks.

thefuzzisme
05-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Bugs i've encountered:

broken achievements: I got a kill the t-rex just by joining. I've found a hidden vehicle by sitting in a jeep.

Anistropy: This causes the sound to dissappear when changed.

Low FPS on high level system: my system can run games with high requirements with good fps such as batman arkham city and GTA IV. this game is not optimised for mobile processors:

my spec:

Intel core I7-2690QM 2.20ghz
NVidia GT 555M 2GB
8GB RAM

Thanks.

sounds like we are having the same issues

thefuzzisme
05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
now i can click stuff but nothing happens! games wont launch!
i think i will stop trying to play this game until Monday when (i hope) the game will be in working order.

sjs_t9x
05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I've noticed a possible Steam user ID bug.
At the main menu, you see your steam ID/avatar, hit join game and pay close attention to steam id. Mine changes every time i hit find/create/solo game, then I crash every time I hit join. It happens really fast and per chance you do actually get into a game, it seems to correct itself.

Granted, this might be cosmetic, but every bit helps, right?

Sethiskai
05-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Found another bug which wasnt described afaik:

- The game loses connection to steam somehow, and you dont get achievements for anything. just beat the second map (depths) and got no achievement for it :(

My teammates did got the achievement btw, its not an issue of me hosting or something like that. Just the link between the game and steam gets cut off.

EnthalpyFlow
05-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Maybe this is only a little problem only for me, but when I rebind the keys, I bind the "jump" key to the RIGHT SHIFT, and in game only the LEFT SHIFT or SPACE allow me to jump (This also happens with "Crouch", with both Ctrl keys). Also, if you would be kind enough to make the mouse sensitivity a little bit slower it would be great. In any case guys, you seem to me fair enough to be working on forums and helping the community. For that reason I bought the game AFTER a large search on this forums, and I'M NOT DISAPPOINTED.
Sorry for my horrible english...
Thank you and keep on working, guys ;)

ph8
05-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Two things.

Changing the resolution makes most, if not all, in-game sounds stop working properly. What I mean is, sounds such as what the gun makes when reloading, no longer happen.

Also, going into the menu tends to do the same thing when you're already on a server (or solo).

I've reproduced it many times and it does happen every time.

Baphamut
05-05-2012, 04:49 PM
heyo. here my list

-I get no sound when I enter vehicles
-I have to click on a class like 10 times before it works (maybe because of repsawn times, but it doesnt show me a counter)
- radio commands didn't work
- pushing e to enter a vehicle took about 10 pushes before it worked
- there were a few solid objects in spawn i could walk through. forget which map sorry.

Other than that this game is pretty bomb. Can't wait to play it updated :D

Jigendaisuki
05-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Sorry I haven't read the thread past the original post, but here's a few I've encountered

Getting picked up by two pteradons at the same time, so having to shoot them both before getting dropped (Bug or working as intended?)
Dinosaurs gettings stuck on so much world geometry. Seriously they get stuck on everything.
No distinguishing what part of a vehicle you're entering, plenty of times, I try to get in the drivers seat while standing right infront of it and I wind up in the turret

Sometimes there are health bars for cars, and sometimes it's your own as a driver...

Also multiple places where you can walk/jetpack into walls see screenshots below.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jigendaisuki/

Press E to enter vehicle as a spectator

Just got stuck in the ground when two pteradons tried to pick me up, which caused me to die from ground suffocation?
^^ Actually figured out the cause of this. Pteradons can grab you, but either miss picking you up, or there was something between the two of you preventing you from getting moved. Thus you're stuck as it expects you to be attached to the dinosaur, but you just wind up stuck and dying. This can happen anywhere where an overhang can prevent them from properly grabbing you

Atech66
05-05-2012, 06:57 PM
was able to create and join games
UDK.exe stopped and crash.
Now i cannot create a game in multi or even single player.
it does nothing but make a little sound letting you know you clicked it but goes nowhere.
see ya Monday :)

Jigendaisuki
05-05-2012, 07:11 PM
was able to create and join games
UDK.exe stopped and crash.
Now i cannot create a game in multi or even single player.
it does nothing but make a little sound letting you know you clicked it but goes nowhere.
see ya Monday :)

The game is still open, go to task manager and end it

PassingStranger
05-05-2012, 09:50 PM
This has been mentioned a little, but I'm having trouble with the rebinding of keys. I use the arrow keys, and they'll rebind the arrows, but the thing is that a number of the keys around the arrow keys will not work when rebound to. As was mentioned a few posts up, shift and control won't work, or at least the right ones won't. Sometimes it'll bind the left side ones instead. Also, page down, keypad insert, and backslash won't register. If you bind one of these to the "use" command, you'll actually see an error message when you approach consoles or vehicles in place of the "press E" prompt.

Also, some keys will maintain functionality in the original defaults as well as the rebound keys. For example, after changing to the arrow keys, but the arrow keys and the wasd keys will allow the player to move. I noticed that hitting "reset defaults" will set some of the keys to their originals, but not all of them.

Erhun
05-05-2012, 09:53 PM
I just noticed this.

When verifying game cache, it will see 1 file missing and download it as expected.

I ran it again after booting the game up and it found 1 file missing and downloaded again, appears a file is disappearing at launch.

Williamca
05-05-2012, 09:56 PM
It seems like if you change something in options like video/sound and then change something else and save again it'll crash the game. Might want to look into that. Probably stated by now I am sure.

DPrassel
05-05-2012, 10:01 PM
It seems like if you change something in options like video/sound and then change something else and save again it'll crash the game. Might want to look into that. Probably stated by now I am sure.

It has been. A lot of tweaks towards the UI are being made. Thanks for the feedback though and making sure we got it! :)

bcool
05-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Some small bugs on the main menu, so far nothing game breaking;

- Sound stoped when changing video settings, maybe unreleated been having troubles with my sound lately.

- Clicking on the 'Ping' tab on the server list (I hope that's a filter setting otherwise i'll look like a tard) doesn't do anything.

DXDIAG:

http://pastebin.com/7Uf8AMRq

Hope that's helpful.

DJay
05-06-2012, 12:06 AM
These may have been mentioned, apologies if I missed them

-Setting the starting credits, then launching a server doesn't appear to have any effect, all players still appear to start with 2500 credits. This was starting a server, then using open <ipaddress> in the console to connect to the LAN game

-open <ipaddress> in the console does appear to work for a LAN game, as you said, but a lot of people will likely miss this, so having a LAN or direct connect item in the menu would be awesome. Creating a server then trying to connect to it over a LAN via a steam invite tells you the server is not responding, as the external IP address is what is being shown.

Hliey
05-06-2012, 12:25 AM
I randomly lose sound often after a round ends, when it worked before. Unsure if anything else affects it.

Williamca
05-06-2012, 01:11 AM
You can use EMP grenades and possible engineer repair to start up generators of a "shut down" base.

DJay
05-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Eden - at base A it's possible to jump off the rocks in the jeep to the right hand side coming out of the base and end up stuck in the rocks. I couldn't get out of the car or move it.

If you get stuck somewhere and suicide before turning on the first generator ( via suicide in the console which I used due to the previous problem ), wild dinosaurs immediately spawn. This was on Eden, may be a general problem

You can sometimes hear t-rexes stomping / making noises after they die

Eden - Where you get the VTOLs - you can walk throuhg the wall of the health and ammo structure at the left most health bay

When players are in VTOLS their pointer in the HUD appears to swing around all over the place, including your own when you're flying a VTOL. This made it quite tricky to find a teammate at one point.

Eden - We started at base A, and completed all waves, but then the mission objectives said that we'd completed base D, not A

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-06-2012, 04:03 AM
For those that are having problems with key bindings you'll have to modify the DefaultInput.ini file for now, which is in the "steamapps/common/Orion DB/UDKGame/Config" directory i believe.

This fix works but is only temporary, I've changed the config file and saved it but certain keys were resetting, I read on the forum here to make the file read only which I did, this caused possibly one of two problems, the game wouldn't even start a solo game as I found out last night and it still resets certain keys.

I'll have another look today but it saves some and not others, I noticed after saving two or three times the keys start to change to what I've selected but the only problem there is if the game is saved too many times it will CTD.

Edit:
Is it possible to have only 1 wording of power generator and 1 arrow? It looks a bit strange when the wording is over-lapping like it is.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558689060853979939/9431DA5455D29EC23B664B4DF7A798EE3D3A7D48/

JoyL
05-06-2012, 04:33 AM
heyo. here my list

-I get no sound when I enter vehicles
-I have to click on a class like 10 times before it works (maybe because of repsawn times, but it doesnt show me a counter)
- radio commands didn't work
- pushing e to enter a vehicle took about 10 pushes before it worked
- there were a few solid objects in spawn i could walk through. forget which map sorry.

Other than that this game is pretty bomb. Can't wait to play it updated :D

Me too I've noticed this, I add sometimes pistol animation dont work, the aim with some rifle is hard because i dont see well the "red dot", a lot of texture penetrance (dont know how to tell:D). I suggest also to change the sound of bullet impact is a bit weird and the sounds of guns generally are too loud and toys like. But the music and maps are awsome!!!:)

EnthalpyFlow
05-06-2012, 05:38 AM
I randomly lose sound often after a round ends, when it worked before. Unsure if anything else affects it.

Me too

Schneider
05-06-2012, 06:55 AM
i have problem with
udk.exe error
i tried to do fix
dotnet_fullinstall program
which located in /binarys/installdata
ca anyone help ???

thanks !

EnthalpyFlow
05-06-2012, 07:08 AM
i have problem with
udk.exe error
i tried to do fix
dotnet_fullinstall program
which located in /binarys/installdata
ca anyone help ???

thanks !

Have you tried to check the files integrity on Steam library? It may resolve your problem

Aakaash R
05-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Have you tried to check the files integrity on Steam library? It may resolve your problem

Right, and make sure you do so every time after the game crashes. This issue will be resolved come Monday.

Schneider
05-06-2012, 07:16 AM

actually i don't know how to do it :D

Aakaash R
05-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Go to your Library in Steam and right-click on Orion: Dino Beatdown. Then click Local Files and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache. :)

Schneider
05-06-2012, 07:28 AM
i did it after it complete 100% message came

"1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired :\"

EnthalpyFlow
05-06-2012, 07:31 AM
i did it after it complete 100% message came

"1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired :\"

That's normal, now try the game again. It may be fixed now ;)

Wakko2k
05-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I cant create a game for some reason. Not solo nor multi? Wat?

KioKonarage
05-06-2012, 08:37 AM
When I exit out of the game it says I am still in-game on Steam. Nothing big, but I have to force close Steam and restart Steam for it to go away. Not only is it annoying no matter what game I play my friends will think I am still playing ORION: Dino Beatdown.

napalmjoe88
05-06-2012, 08:38 AM
i get a crash whenever i refresh for a server list, and then stop it once i get about 30 server to choose from.

EnthalpyFlow
05-06-2012, 08:40 AM
When I exit out of the game it says I am still in-game on Steam. Nothing big, but I have to force close Steam and restart Steam for it to go away. Not only is it annoying no matter what game I play my friends will think I am still playing ORION: Dino Beatdown.

When you have to force the close of the udk, you should check the files integrity of the game on the Steam library. It should fix that problem.

Odra
05-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I notice every time there is a crash and I "verify integrity" it always tells me one file will be re-acquired.

Arisaka-7
05-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Everytime I try to load into a game whether it's solo or multi, it says either it ran out of memory or video memory then closes out. Although it doesn't actually completely close the game so I have to end the background process. Never had this problem on any game, unreal engine or not. Has this got anything to do with running 32x rather then 64?

BS24
05-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Crash when connecting
Crash when pressing "stop refresh button"
Random Crashes in Server Browser
When connecting, loading screen shows for less than a second before returning me to the main menu.

Minor Bugs in Browser - cannot sort games by clicking on Ping / Player etc to find a suitable game.

Only way i can play is by hosting, amazingly people can connect to me, but the game itself is still full of bugs..

Broken Sound
Broken Animations, your own weapons, other players blipping around the map regardless of their ping.
"Intelligent AI" Dinosaurs walking into walls, flying backwards etc.
Sometimes buggy getting out of vehicles, thinks a wall or another player is in the way when it's not.

Not bothered that much by graphics but i'd at least expect it to run smoothly, also it being UE3, it could look better, it looks more like a beta for UE2.

Lot of work necessary for this game.

EnthalpyFlow
05-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't know if it's a bug, but when you're aiming through the scope of the LMG, the reward points for killing doesn't always appears. And also, with the smg, the one with the upper cartridge recharging system ( "similiar" to the P90 (http://www.nazarian.no/images/wep/153_fn_p90_2.jpg))... could you add some transparency effect? It would be great if we can see the real map through it without aiming... Don't know if I explain me well...

N!N420
05-06-2012, 11:12 AM
sorry for lazy efforts...

audio: has some kind of default for settings higher or different than user prefrences @ startup.

The game started and ran 2 minutes after installation regardless of my "agree" with the terms of use. I.E. i hadent agreed to the terms and the game started itsself. (first time startup attempt)

more as i find them.

For those of you who know me and are asking the question why am i helping and not blasting the company.... Send me a personal message and we can discuss apples and oranges.

Erhun
05-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Don't know if this has been said, the transparency on the scopes is horrid. can't see the markers on them hardly at all.

EnthalpyFlow
05-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I have noticed that now the typical shotgun crosshair (the one with the circles around) is replaced with a single (ugly) cross. Not very important, but just wanna make sure you know this

Williamca
05-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I have noticed that now the typical shotgun crosshair (the one with the circles around) is replaced with a single (ugly) cross. Not very important, but just wanna make sure you know this

I noticed this too. Whenever you get out of a car it sets your crosshair to the vehicle crosshair.

Another thing should the miniguns be so inaccurate? I feel they should be a bit more accurate. I could understand if the person was carrying it.

N!N420
05-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Udk.exe

Udk executable will remain active in windows processes after programe closedown and also remain in next game startup inhibiting game creation options.

I started a game... created a server... ended the game... closed the game... restarted the game... tried to create another game and option would not respond. closed game and checked task manager... the original udk from the 1st was still active., ended process, started game, creation available and worked. Udk does not do this consistently.

Jamrock990
05-06-2012, 02:00 PM
1. Many problems with game startup, unpredictable. 99% of the time I can get into the menu screen. Problem comes when I try to join a game. Sometimes I see the load screen pop up for a second and then BAM, i'm back at the main menu again.

1.a. - Most often when I click join on a game I will get a UDK.exe has stopped responding error and thrown out back to the desktop.

2. Managed to join a game. I pressed E on one of the health/ammo stations and BAM, back at the main menu again.

3. Server froze or lagged out when all players had died except for one player who had driven a car over a mountain and had exited the car and was "stuck" inside the car. As soon as the last player died (that was not the "stuck" player) the game basically froze and server lagged out.

4. After trying for 20 minutes to get into a game, and always getting a UDK.exe has stopped responding error or thrown back to the main menu I now NO LONGER have sound on the startup videos. Sound kicks in on the main menu.

Also now that above poster mentioned it, I had two instances of UDK.exe running after closing the game down.

Kopikatsu
05-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Two achievement bugs. Turok, Dinosaur Hunter! says you need 50,000 dino kills, but the achievement progress bar says 50 million. Same thing for Bill Gates, it says spend 10 million credits but the achievement progress bar wants you to spend 10 billion.

Edit: Also, the achievement for spending time in a vehicle doesn't register time.

Jamrock990
05-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Ok, what the hell.

1. Managed to join a game again after like 20 tries. Tried selecting a class and I kept hearing "support!" "Assault!" "Recon!" or whatever class. Heard that damn voice, but it kept me as a spectator even after the rounds had ending. Tried this in two games, same crap. Couldn't play!!

theduderman
05-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Hey guys... really excited about the concept of this game and want it to work and thrive. A couple of us from eXtv (the premier Team Fortress 2 streaming and casting group - 50,000+ YouTube subs and just under 8 million views - extelevision.com) have been trying to get something up and running to stream some of this game today, and we're striking out really badly. Here's a couple of things we've run into:

1.) The game installer restarts the PC during install, prior to the UE3Redist can fully run.

2.) Game installer doesn't appear to install the .net framework 4

3.) Setting the game to windowed 1920x1080 (XSplit/Fraps/DXTory friendly) results in a very strange windowed resolution (maybe 1700x1030...?) and then sets aspect ratio to 4:3

4.) Can't connect to any servers, even the ones with the correct prefix.

5.) Can't host a server either as it doesn't show up for other players (even on dedicated hardware in a datacenter run by a GSP)

6.) Game UI has multiple issues - clicking on things doesn't always work, sometimes multiple clicks are necessary in order to register the action - not sure if this is a resolution issue (our people are running 720p or 1080p for the most part) or a UI issue

7.) Build in some sort of simple tutorial - this game is cheap enough you're going to draw a lot of attention from players who aren't familiar with the genre and the unique abilities given to players. TF2 did a great job of this with their tutorial mode.

8.) Add column sorting and search filters to the server browser... this is going to be essential, especially as the game grows.

9.) Video settings don't appear to stick after a game restart - setting anisotropic filtering to 16 resets to 1 and FXAA is resetting to 0 even after 4 or 5 have been selected and saved.

Well, that's what we've gathered over the past hour. We've all run through the suggested fixes (ue3redist, .net framework, etc.) and we're not having any luck. Going to stick with it and keep trying and post back with more feedback and hopefully with better luck and some commentary sooner than later. Keep up the good work, devs. Really looking forward to this working.

One thing though - please don't Brink it.

EnthalpyFlow
05-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Hey guys... really excited about the concept of this game and want it to work and thrive. A couple of us from eXtv (the premier Team Fortress 2 streaming and casting group - 50,000+ YouTube subs and just under 8 million views - extelevision.com) have been trying to get something up and running to stream some of this game today, and we're striking out really badly. Here's a couple of things we've run into:

1.) The game installer restarts the PC during install, prior to the UE3Redist can fully run.

2.) Game installer doesn't appear to install the .net framework 4

3.) Setting the game to windowed 1920x1080 (XSplit/Fraps/DXTory friendly) results in a very strange windowed resolution (maybe 1700x1030...?) and then sets aspect ratio to 4:3

4.) Can't connect to any servers, even the ones with the correct prefix.

5.) Can't host a server either as it doesn't show up for other players (even on dedicated hardware in a datacenter run by a GSP)

6.) Game UI has multiple issues - clicking on things doesn't always work, sometimes multiple clicks are necessary in order to register the action - not sure if this is a resolution issue (our people are running 720p or 1080p for the most part) or a UI issue

7.) Build in some sort of simple tutorial - this game is cheap enough you're going to draw a lot of attention from players who aren't familiar with the genre and the unique abilities given to players. TF2 did a great job of this with their tutorial mode.

8.) Add column sorting and search filters to the server browser... this is going to be essential, especially as the game grows.

9.) Video settings don't appear to stick after a game restart - setting anisotropic filtering to 16 resets to 1 and FXAA is resetting to 0 even after 4 or 5 have been selected and saved.

Well, that's what we've gathered over the past hour. We've all run through the suggested fixes (ue3redist, .net framework, etc.) and we're not having any luck. Going to stick with it and keep trying and post back with more feedback and hopefully with better luck and some commentary sooner than later. Keep up the good work, devs. Really looking forward to this working.

One thing though - please don't Brink it.

There is a patch announced for tomorrow, in case you didn't noticed

AdamKryy
05-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Hey guys,

Spiral here!

Second off, I want to apologize for the current build that is plagued with anomalies and errors. It was due to a freak last-minute accident and we are truly sorry.

The good news is we are hard at work on isolating these and will have a completely updated version ready to go on Monday. The biggest problems are two main bugs relating to a loading crash and a player count browser bug. This affected many other systems and we are currently gathering as much information as possible

I also wanted to apologize for not being able to post here sooner. I was waiting for my account to get activated but tried my very best to communicate with you guys until I gained access via Facebook and Twitter and having some fans attempt to relay that information over here.

The good news is that these bugs will be isolated come Monday and that this will soon be one hell of a nightmare come next week.

We have been reading all of your feedback, critiques and bug listings and we cannot tell you how much we appreciate your help in sorting this all out. Keep on posting your bugs and we will continue to add them to the list and make sure they get solved and give you the best game possible.

Here is a Master List we have going using a compilation of our bugs and a variety of yours:

Heeey, when I try to join a server the game crash all the time, what should I do? :confused:

theduderman
05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
There is a patch announced for tomorrow, in case you didn't noticed

I'm quite aware - I didn't see those issues listed on the dev's OP so I thought I'd add some feedback.

EnthalpyFlow
05-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Sorry then, and thank you for reporting those bugs. It will be great to see the game polished :)

theduderman
05-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I very VERY badly want this game to succeed. I was a HUGE fan of Dino Riders as a kid (my favorite toy) and this pretty much sums up everything that was about. Guns, hover bikes, dinosaurs, mechs... I mean seriously, what isn't there to love? Plus it's not expensive. Devs have a GOLD MINE here if it's done right... I'd LOVE to make many, many videos of this game and post them to our YouTube to increase awareness of it... but none of us can manage to connect to a server to play... so I guess we wait :-(

theprogram00
05-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Another bug:

If you have the exact amount of cash to purchase a weapon, you won't be able to afford it.

I.e. start with 2k money, cannot buy the 2k SMG

Williamca
05-06-2012, 07:22 PM
The Cloaking Class's upgrade which allows it to fire it's silenced weapons while stealthed does not apply to the secondary SMG with the silencer. This should be fixed.

TENTACLE_BOSS
05-06-2012, 08:57 PM
hmm lets see, massive balance issues aside, jeeps being able to constantly push trex's, it takes about 8 clicks on a class in solo before i can actually select it. i can hide in the gaps inside the generator, changing keys does not make a difference, randomly the sound drops after going into the options menu, the game occasionally refers to me by the names of random people and not my steam name, im using a vpn and cant see any servers in the server browser although people are clearly playing.

Epifire
05-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Not sure if they were mentioned but there should be some thing to where vehicle physics shouldn't kill you.

I have had this happen many times when exiting a gladiator that is to close to some thing. Primarily after crashing into some thing and needing to bail after seeing that T-Rex behind me. :eek:

DPrassel
05-06-2012, 09:12 PM
This is GREAT feedback guys. We really appreciate your help and dedication.

Tomorrow mid-day I am going to be going over all of these one by one and putting them in the Master Update List in the original post. Each time we put out a patch we will highlight what's being included the best we can as well as make patch notes available via the official updates on our website.

ww2twit76
05-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Sorry if this is already mentioned, but I didn't have time to look over all the posts: When i get to the class selection screen, it won't let me select a class. Only can click cancel. happems im sp and mp

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Certain achievements are much higher than the requirement listed or spelt wrong:

Turok, Dinosaur Hunter - Kill 50,000 dinosaurs, shown as 500,000,000
Bill Gates - Spend 10,000,000 in credits, shown as 10,000,000,000
Survivalist! - Kill 100 dinosaurs without dying, shown as kill 100 dinosaurs without 'dieing'.
Not bad and Most Impressive - As above, worded as dieing not dying.
No Place Like Home! - Capture, secure and complete a total of 100 bases, shown as 100,000,000 bases.
Full Round - Earn 10,000 total assists, shown as 10,000,000.

Jmcmatrixs
05-07-2012, 02:17 AM
When your run the game fullscreen, and create a game, you cannot pick a class that you want to be, doesn't register that you've double clicked.

FIX
Run the game in a window!

DJay
05-07-2012, 03:09 AM
When we both died in a multiplayer game with two players, I found that I didn't respawn at all. A nerw round started and was cleared, no change. This was in a LAN game with me connecting to the other player as a host.

The death camera needs fixing, I think this may have been mentioned but you should be able to switch to view different players after you die without being stuck at an angle.

deadm3at
05-07-2012, 05:19 AM
I completed hard mode and after completing wave 20 game didnt finish and say you won instead kept going without having a base to go saying wave 21( but not spawning dinos ).
After we suicided on purpose so map changes it brought out the victory message plus the achievements.

Also if you choose to go spectator the game counts you like playing so if the whole team dies game doesnt end unless you spawn. I tried to suicide and go spectator but then the game force spawned me . Try to make spectator not to count like an active player

scubs
05-07-2012, 06:28 AM
not sure if this has been mentioned but im getting random achievements without doing anything.

edit;

video setting not remembering aspect ratio (defaulting to 4:3)
anisotropy filtering in setting defaults back to 1 after changing
disabled mouse acceleration but still appears to be some smoothing?

xayu
05-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Scubs beat me to the bug spots but yeah I suppose I will confirm his bug spots as an issue for me too.

raupi
05-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Sorry if this is already mentioned, but I didn't have time to look over all the posts: When i get to the class selection screen, it won't let me select a class. Only can click cancel. happems im sp and mp

Solution is: Double Clicking. I would not have thought of that myself, but ArcterZero mentioned it somewhere.

Ok, what the hell.

1. Managed to join a game again after like 20 tries. Tried selecting a class and I kept hearing "support!" "Assault!" "Recon!" or whatever class. Heard that damn voice, but it kept me as a spectator even after the rounds had ending. Tried this in two games, same crap. Couldn't play!!
Maybe it's the same as above. The only thing that brought me out of the class selection screen with one click was "cancel", witch lead to spectating.

Regarding Achievements: I got these achievements for no reason in singleplayer:

Who Needs Teammates!: Kill a TRex by yourself

Where's Waldo?: Find a hidden vehicle

The Wanderer: Be 3,000 meters from the current base

I did not kill a T-Rex, the vehicles were parked next to the generator and i never left the base ;)

I just noticed this.

When verifying game cache, it will see 1 file missing and download it as expected.

I ran it again after booting the game up and it found 1 file missing and downloaded again, appears a file is disappearing at launch.
Maybe the file is not missing but "not read-able", at least that's what i get.

Epifire
05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I just noticed this.

I did the validation check and after the first re-boot of my PC it validated fine. After looking at Raupi's post seconding that issue, I validated again and sure enough one file was invalid. Definitely some thing that should be looked into.

GTRHitman
05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
When using the barracks, armory, or any menu you continually move in the direction you activated it in, if you were moving when activating it.

Also the lowest mouse sensitivity is still too high.

deathcapt
05-07-2012, 05:57 PM
anyone mention that if you land the vtol and exit, you quite consistently fall through the level to your eventual death. Also, Spectator cam routinely gets trapped under the level.

T-rexes routinely stick their head through buildings.

raupi
05-07-2012, 06:21 PM
A friend and i were playing Dino Beatdown and decided to move over to another game. Oddly enough when he invited me into his game through Steam, it appeared as an invitation into Dino Beatdown instead. And it startet Dino Beatdown and tried to establish a connection. I forced it to quit, although in hindsight i'd like to see where it would have taken me. Maybe in the public game we were in before.

We found out what caused the trouble when he tried to close Steam: A instance of udk.exe was running in the background after he quit and also prevented Steam from closing.

revi147
05-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Ok so you talked about an update for the game today Monday, but my computer still hasn't received an update. i continue to receive the D3D9 Device Fail. Please help i just want to play the game

lordseymore
05-07-2012, 07:23 PM
I dont know if this is said already, or if its ment to be, or if you area already aware of this, but when a generator is "out of power" throwing an EMP granade on it pwoers it up again -without summoning any dinos- wich means you can power it up, shop whatever you need, and move along to the next base fully prepared.

Damn, i didn't want to say this as i love this exploit.. ._.

JBurke
05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
My bug report:
- The Game

That is all. :rolleyes:

AussieMark
05-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi all,

bug 1) I noticed you dont get the 100 cr when you use an emp grenade on the generator, is it just me?

Also fyi the user manual is great thank you but the prices of weapons and abilities are a bit off (for a few of them).

bug 2) It also says in game and manual that a cloaked person can use a silenced machine gun but the only thing with a silencer is the pistol?

AussieMark
05-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Also you cannot click ping and sort games by ping yet but i assume thats an obvious one

Concubine
05-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Getting grabbed by pteradactyl in doorways can get you stuck inside the wall of the building.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994891313/screenshot/560941285465897707?tab=public

ExoticRanger
05-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Hey,

been having some fun on this game, but I cant join any servers. It either puts me back to main screen or crashes. Not sure if this is me or you guys.

Cheers, and good luck!

menkadelosair
05-07-2012, 11:12 PM
not quite a bug, but im able to get achievements without out doing the things needed,

example:

Unlocked: May 8, 2012 12:26am
Teammate From Hell!
Drive a vehicle full of buddies to their deaths

was ina buggy 'alone' buggy got blown up, i died, won achievement.

secondly, you guys should really add a function to stop us from using the Dev console, like let it in the game, but if you use it disables the achievements and score stuff, i got the 2nd base achieve buy entering a kill code. (totally by accident even :/)

Bug:
Getting grabbed by one of those flying dinos, ended up going too high i guess, i died then the game froze.

menkadelosair
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Found another, lol, when getting killed in solo it doesnt let you choose to ether continue or quit, just skips and then returns you to the pick your class screen :(

Bhaal177
05-08-2012, 12:53 AM

I've run into this personally. I had to hug the ground with the VTOL before getting out to perform this.

justplay113
05-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Don't know if this has been said before, but when I scroll up for some reason I throw a grenade, and I know that its not my controlls because it says that i have to press the middle mouse button.

Larry the Crab
05-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Ude. exe has encountered a problem and must close at game start up screen,then blackness and death, another report to bill gates and a very annoyed Larry, patch promised for monday, it's Tuesday now and I still don't have an operational game, what is going on?

raupi
05-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Okay, Larry! Let me try to help you as the people at Spiral are at sleep after some severe and long lasting patching:

Ask Steam Support for refunds, though this will surely take longer than it took to pay. There's no way around that if you insist on getting your money back. Which is a reasonable request, but waiting for the patch seems reasonable to me, too.

The Patch is hanging on one line of code that does not work in 32bit OS and the developers need help from Epic to fix that. They will be back at work in around 1 1/2 hours as it is pretty early at their location. Read some DPrassel on that topic (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30649784&postcount=32).

Have you tried the reinstalling the redistributables (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2683985)? It does not help everyone, but it's an easy thing to try. Please don't be mad when you have to restart in between. I hate it when my computer does that!

Macmorph
05-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I keep getting a udk.exe crashes and my game closes =/

same here, when can i play the game i payd for?

Epifire
05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
same here, when can i play the game i payd for?

If it is crashing on the multiplayer server list, be sure to allow the list to populate fully before you try and select one. This is one reason I find for consistent crashes, otherwise it happens every now and then.

Now on the reason I came back, and I am sure this has been addressed but if not here it goes. In Solo or in multiplayer I constantly get assists for a dino that I shot down. Now I can understand confusion when in multiplayer, but I can validate getting assists in Solo when only I am the one playing. Just another one to mark down, if not seconding that issue.

VitoTO
05-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Hey guys,

Spiral here!

My game crashes when i start it, when i play it and when i try to start it, i have entered only once in the game and played it 15 min and it crashed again, sometimes when beginning a new game it is always ''loading''.... and there is no servers to connect...
I have a good computer...so, may i have my money back :)?

Epifire
05-08-2012, 09:43 AM
My game crashes when i start it, when i play it and when i try to start it, i have entered only once in the game and played it 15 min and it crashed again, sometimes when beginning a new game it is always ''loading''.... and there is no servers to connect...
I have a good computer...so, may i have my money back :)?

That sounds like something more hardware related so you might want to list that to in order to get results. They are working on this stuff to get a good solution, and since we can't return things on steam that is my suggestion.

Shock Rampage
05-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Im also experiencing the C2D whenever I try to join a server.

Despite the problems with the game, I dont mind waiting. The price is pretty damn good for a game these days, and lets be honest, the only reason we're all in this thread is because we can see the games potential. The trailer pretty much summed it up for me "Jetpacks and Dinosaurs" - its just a shame that I cant experience it with friends, as intended.

Im going to keep checking this thread every day, hopefully we'll get more news about the patch soon!

GTRHitman
05-08-2012, 01:14 PM
In Solo or in multiplayer I constantly get assists for a dino that I shot down. Now I can understand confusion when in multiplayer, but I can validate getting assists in Solo when only I am the one playing. Just another one to mark down, if not seconding that issue.

I always thought those assists were from t-rexes stomping on the hurt raptor, or plain out eating them.

Troposphincter
05-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi.
So here are the bugs I've encountered :
- I have never been able to play online, whenever I pick up a server (with free slots of course, I'm not that dumb), and click "connect", I go back to title screen. After that, I can't even start a solo game, nothing happens, when I click on "create", got to quit game, then launch it again, to be able to start a solo game.
- When I managed to launch a solo game, I noticed some little collision bugs, I got this "assist kill" bug to, ans maybe there was other few things I didn't noticed, but the most important is that when I get killed (and it still occurs very often), the message sayin that team has lost only appears half a second (and then is unredable), then it's load screen, then game crashes. And when game has crashed, UDK.exe process stays active until I terminate it.

The game also validated two achievements I had'nt actually achieved.

And my system configuration :
Processor : AMS Athlon II X4 640 3GHz
RAM : 4 GB
Graphic Card : ATI Radeon HD 5570

(I know, it's not really a modern gamer configuration, but I run UT3 really great, so it should be ok for this game)

Hope you guys will manage to fix everything well, you're game looks fun when it can be played smoothly.

Gzack123
05-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Hi.
So here are the bugs I've encountered :
- I have never been able to play online, whenever I pick up a server (with free slots of course, I'm not that dumb), and click "connect", I go back to title screen. After that, I can't even start a solo game, nothing happens, when I click on "create", got to quit game, then launch it again, to be able to start a solo game.
- When I managed to launch a solo game, I noticed some little collision bugs, I got this "assist kill" bug to, ans maybe there was other few things I didn't noticed, but the most important is that when I get killed (and it still occurs very often), the message sayin that team has lost only appears half a second (and then is unredable), then it's load screen, then game crashes. And when game has crashed, UDK.exe process stays active until I terminate it.

The assist bug is actually the T-Rex killing other dinosaurs, I get the same thing as you do too. Can't join multiplayer.

DarkMesa
05-08-2012, 05:19 PM
I bought a mech and after a fight with a T-rex it became fairly badly damaged, So i bought the engineer upgrade for the support class but it wouldn't let me repair the mech, Is there something that i'm missing or can you just not repair mechs?

GTRHitman
05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
so after much frustration and a hiatus, I've noticed that if I didn't go into any settings and wait for the server list to finish, then there's a high chance that my game won't crash. joining any other server after the first working game usually doesn't work, and also I have to re validate that one file after every play through.

Also if I got the 'go to main menu' bug when trying to join a server, I'd have to revalidate that one file. I think it has to do with settings or something. This problem happened in Mass Effect 2 (you had to have the same amount of characters in there if you wanted it to work correctly) for skin mods, or changing sentivitiy, etc.

budwolf
05-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I am 6 rounds into a game and I haven't seen a single rham. I'm not complaining haha ;) but just thought I'd bring it to your attention usually there is one soaring around after the beginning of round 2 :confused: I guess in some ways I grew accustomed to being randomly picked up and dropped from 200 hundred feet in the air <3

Dizazterous
05-08-2012, 09:51 PM
My character just spins and spins to the left indefinitely. Tried reinstalling and messing with mouse settings, nothing seems to have any effect. I get nauseous after about 30 seconds and have to close the game.

SiMoNiZoR
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Rhams do not let go when you melee them.. I don't know if anyone else is having this issue..

Kopikatsu
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
I bought a mech and after a fight with a T-rex it became fairly badly damaged, So i bought the engineer upgrade for the support class but it wouldn't let me repair the mech, Is there something that i'm missing or can you just not repair mechs?

There has to be someone inside of the vehicle to heal it.

Probably a bug with the way healing works.

lordeugenides
05-08-2012, 09:54 PM
So new bug, post patch, WITH verified game cache. If you try to join a server now, it says that you can't join the server because the host has downloadable content that you do not.

Or it will instantly pop up a message saying "your connection to the host has been lost" without even trying to connect.

Dave3d
05-08-2012, 10:12 PM
CANT rebind numpad keys seperately from their equivelants.
:(

Insert and num0 = the same key
End and numpad 1 = the same key
ETc/etc/etc, ad infinitem.
If I would have known this, I would never have bought the game.

Where is the Left Handers love?

Eccid
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
So new bug, post patch, WITH verified game cache. If you try to join a server now, it says that you can't join the server because the host has downloadable content that you do not.

Or it will instantly pop up a message saying "your connection to the host has been lost" without even trying to connect.

Those are unpatched servers, not a game bug.

I do have an issue that if I fail to join a server, I can no longer join any other server unless I restart the game, so basically I have to do this. Start Game> join> not updated>close game>open game> join> not updated> close game> repeat. it's a little annoying :? I absolutely love the gameplay, but that's useless if you can't play.

lordeugenides
05-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Also, fun fact: melee isn't working against rhams. They pick you up, you're dead. Nothing you can do about it.

Grizzled Boor
05-08-2012, 10:37 PM
still crashes after every round.

Confirm4Crit
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
I cannot join a game (nothing comes up when I hit connect), nor can I start a solo. Click create, nothing good or bad happens, little beep plays like I clicked it, menu reacts, but nothing otherwise.

This did not happen PREPATCH. I was able to start solo games no problem, and even got in a server once.

Hope that helps somehow, lemme know if there is anything you want me to do to help.

chred83
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Can't join games at all. Click on a server and then click connect, but it just deselects the server. I don't understand...

Also, I still get the "Failed to created D3D9 device" error on launch. I have to start the game in windowed mode, and leave it that way. Can't play in full screen at all.

I'll check back in a few months, maybe things will be working better than.

Azroth
05-08-2012, 10:44 PM
This game Cranks my graphics card fans to max and heats up really quick it doesn't seem right in comparison to whats happening on screen.
I am running an Msi gtx 580 lightning its whisper quiet and relatively cool while playing everything else. Is anyone else noticing similar issues?

Epifire
05-08-2012, 10:44 PM
So far I am loving the changes in the update, but several issues I can account for are still in the game.

-The Server List still is spotty at button response as it does nothing most of the time when I want to join a sever. Mainly the Join Server button fails to do anything. No more menu crashes from my current experience but that is it, for the menu issues.

-Ingame respawns still have a known issue in multiplayer where you die one round and the game keeps you out of an extra round saying you have to wait. This is certainly something to be looked into as it seems quite common.

-Gladiators having, "hook like" physics is also a problem that should be looked into at some point. When going across a lot of areas you may commonly see a slope with trees on it. These are death traps for these vehicles as you will surely get stuck if you hit the trees going down. I have tried dislodging one with another by running into it at max speed to no avail. As a fix I think there should be a physics bump that would override the enter vehicle button if the gladiator, or any other is stuck. This would be much appreciated.

Gujjobu
05-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Here is my feedback! Please repair the Urgent one, it should by in the High priority list.

∑ Sound issues:
- If you lower all the sound you will keep hearing some "bzzzz" from the respawn base.
- If you lower all the sound you will keep hearing the sound of the default gun (assault) so high.
- Sound settings not saving after closing the game

∑ Performance issues:
-URGENT: Now I have lot less FPS than before, this happened to a lot of people.
- When I open the game I can see it's the 32 bit client, when Im running a 64 one.
- If you change the resolution while ingame it will crash (udk.exe)

∑ Animations:
- I see all movement animations kinda buggy or not smooth. Specially from other players they walk like stucked.

∑ Gameplay:
- The pterodactiles are not working correctly, since there is no blood effect or weapon sound and sometimes you can't escape from them when in air.
- I die sometimes when respawn.
- Can't join other servers after leaving the first one.
- Can't join other servers if the first try was "disconnected due to the host".
- If a Rham try to get you just when you press CTRL to fly (assault) you fall under the ground and die, and keep dying all the rounds when trying to respawn I respawn at the same place under the ground.
- The spectator cam its still bugged.

gamer_144
05-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Issues I still have after the patch:
*Buttons ingame for class and weapons lists are still not properly scaled to 1920x1080.
*Death/spectator cam is still slanted.
*I randomly die at times for no reason.
*When in the bunker, the T-Rex ate me while I was at the center inside far from the sides.
*Alot of sound clipping and lag.

NEW Problems:
*Can't enter any servers after the 1st. All are showing Lost connection to host or etc.

Suggestion:
*FULL SERVER FILTER! - Why does anyone wanna see servers that are full and not enter-able is beyond me lol
*PING lowest to highest listing

GTRHitman
05-08-2012, 11:05 PM
T-rex can only be hit on head and feet. Rhams either take a ridiculously amount of melee hits or they just don't let go that easy (intended to coutner OP recon?). Scoreboard update is kinda slow and not in real time.

Sound cut out after loading. Sporadic areas where it would work.

VTOL is supposed to have dual miniguns, only seems to have 1.

Confirm4Crit
05-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Something even more odd now.
Here's a loop I've been experiencing, and it could be a personal one.
1) Get into an MP or single player game.
2) Either bug out or decide to stop playing, go to main menu.
3) Nothing works anymore, can't get into a game in MP/SP.
4) Verify files, replaces 1 file.
5) Go to step one, repeat.

Done it 5 times now, every time, one file. 64 bit Win7.
DPrassel, just hmu on here or PM me if ya want me to figure more out or somethin'.

Best of luck.

Grizzled Boor
05-08-2012, 11:14 PM
In new patch some new bugs;
Sounds of gunfire cuts out randomly as well as the hit sound.
Still the crash after you exit a game or a game ends.
Rhams hitboxes are now glitched to where your fire doesnt register half the time making them almost instant death if picked up as they cary you long enough for when you drop to kill you from the fall.

Also my net just died this caused several glitches the first of which being every server i tried to join automatically generated an error this persisted until I restarted the game, then I was unable to pick a class and join the game.

Glitch that makes the silenced pistol double reload after you take your first shot.

A /Stuck command would be very nice as well.

scubs
05-08-2012, 11:15 PM
is anyone voice chat working? i get lag spike when pushing voice chat key.

Dave3d
05-08-2012, 11:31 PM
OK
They are seperately bindable.
BUT, you have to have numlock ON before they become seperately bindable.
(thanks Topgamer for the tip)

CANT rebind numpad keys seperately from their equivelants.

Insert and num0 = the same key
End and numpad 1 = the same key
ETc/etc/etc, ad infinitem.
If I would have known this, I would never have bought the game.

Where is the Left Handers love?

SiMoNiZoR
05-08-2012, 11:37 PM
is anyone voice chat working? i get lag spike when pushing voice chat key.

This has happened for me since the beginning, but only the first time that I press the voice chat key.

Audiopool
05-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Not sure if an actual bug, or if it was changed during the work on the game, but within the manual, it says that the recons ability upgrade is Ninja which allows you to shoot while cloaked but in the game all it does is increase your speed while cloaked

BS24
05-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Bugs and remaining issues since patch:

Performance - poor, game melts my pc and it is not exactly pushing the unreal engine.

Random Dinosaurs - thought they were going to be patched out? it's weird being killed by a t-rex you thought you just killed.

Issue with server browser, does not auto refresh when you first enter it, and if you click on the empty spaces, some code or command appears.

In game, you can open the menu and select "create game" and start choosing options to leave and host your own game - however if you try this, it doesn't work, you have to quit to the main menu and then choose "create game"

Dinosaurs are still horribly buggy, I had a T-Rex riding my car. Various AI issues to be solved.

No collision volumes around the edge of the map, i was easily able to get out of it, and then start falling into infinity. Car physics are messed up, let you drive up walls still, and i'm not talking about the hoverbike.

More in game prompts are necessary, I had no idea what to do and had to rely on others heavily, it leaves a bad first impression when you first boot up the game.

Add some kind of optional navigation path to show you where the next base is.

Let me bind the \ key! :(

Pterosaurs are messed up completely, also cannot melee them when they grab you, is there some trick to this?

Option to buy respawn disappears if you don't accept it straight away, and you spec someone instead.

Bug where wave ended, "dinos left 0" but next wave wouldn't start and no prompts to move on etc

Occassional Sound Bug fixed by restarting (might be UE3 related)

That's all for now... :)

Omario27
05-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Sometimes after a game has ended and the next world loads, all ingame sound ceases to work and the game has to be restarted to get sound working as usual. When this happens, if u exit to main menu u get sound back aslong as u don't hover ur cursor over the buttons. This was happening before patch also.

Oh and dunno if this is by design, but the post-patch t-rex like to ignore the existence of most bullets. Played a little this morning and loads of my bullets were going straight through Sally.

Great job onz server browser filters :)

AussieMark
05-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Bug - emp grenade on generator gives 0 credits but says 100 Cr

Troposphincter
05-09-2012, 04:39 AM
I finally managed to connect to a server, so I assume this patch works at least a little.
Game still crashes after losing though, in solo game and in online game. Maybe this will be fixed with the 32-bit fix.

Pterosaurs are messed up completely, also cannot melee them when they grab you, is there some trick to this?

Got the same issue.

Oh and dunno if this is by design, but the post-patch t-rex like to ignore the existence of most bullets. Played a little this morning and loads of my bullets were going straight through Sally.

I saw in a post that after patch, T-Rex would only be hurt by shooting in head or feet.

Slothrop
05-09-2012, 05:29 AM
Good work on the patch. Most, if not all, really game-breaking bugs are fixed for me and I could finally play a match until the end for the first time.
But there are still some bugs:

1.) After exiting a server, or after a unsuccesful try to connect to a server, I can't connect to any servers at all. First time I try I get a 'Connection to host lost' message, after that there is just no reaction at all when trying to connect.
The only thing which helps is to quit and restart the game.

2.) As support, after activating my heal-gun I can't use my mousewheel to switch to other weapons again. I have to use the number keys to switch the weapon. After that the mousewheel works until I activate the heal-gun again.

3.) This:
Sometimes after a game has ended and the next world loads, all ingame sound ceases to work and the game has to be restarted to get sound working as usual.

4.) Sometimes I die instantly after buying new equipment: I close the buy-screen after aquiring a new weapon and I'm dead without any dinosaurs around me. This happens only rarely though.

Angus Kart
05-09-2012, 06:30 AM
I had a crash when rebinding keys. Didnt happen until the second or third time I brought up the key rebind page

aq1sw2de4
05-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Me and my friend both bought the game and we are on a LAN connected to the internet. I create a game then my friend tries to join and it just says server not responding and vice versa. Then we try to join a game online by clicking on one that has 1/5 people and a ping of 80 and it does nothing just has a cross appear under "P" im guessing this means password but then every single server out of 80ish has it. Please help?!?!?!

gamertyt
05-09-2012, 07:19 AM
sounds bug, the sound in the game dissapear after one round

Andur
05-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Having actually had a chance to play the game I can now posts some of the bugs I've gotten.

1. Sporadic sound cutouts and sound lag, with things like say every other gunshot not playing
2. Crosshair glitch, when exiting a vehicle the croshair will stay as it was when in the vehicle
3. Player seems to hold a rifle when holding a pistol
4. Player model of a vehicle driver may not "stay in" the vehicle, thus creating a floating player model that is sitting in mid-air and a vehicle driving around with no driver
5. Rhams get stuck in midair, usually over tall objects like trees
6. UI still has issues in-game while trying to select class/weapon/etc
7. Spectator camera is always tilted (intentional?)

I also crashed after a few games with a "udk.exe has stopped working" error, and I also saw a player model with incorrect textures, after I changed visual settings while in-game.

Also voices (Such as "Fire in the hole!")should really sound as if they are coming from the character, not being spoken as if by the announcer. The assault player model could also be a darker shade of blue, to match the other two.

Despite the bugs, had fun in what little time I've played it thus far. Looking forward to seeing more.

VinAr
05-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Still getting lost connection to host bug
- Cant spawn at times after a wave is done..
-And biggest gripe: Why is my orion game still 763mb of disk usage in properties in steam? Shoudn't this change? as it was the beta version usage?

sbsheep
05-09-2012, 09:00 AM
- When I die and become a spectator, I sometimes spawn under the map.

- Also when I'm a spectator, I sometimes can't hear the gun sounds of my teammates.

hilmar07
05-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Dinosaurs are still horribly buggy, I had a T-Rex riding my car. Various AI issues to be solved.

I'm also experiencing something similar. T-Rexes walking through buildings, raptors getting stuck inside walls and pterosaurs' getting stuck in trees and mountains/rocks.

When they grab me, sometimes the bullets go right through them and my character occasionally spins rapidly.

Bug where wave ended, "dinos left 0" but next wave wouldn't start and no prompts to move on etc

Just happened to me. Got 20K cash and that happened. I tried to alt-tab, nothing happened, game froze, UDK.exe stopped responding, crash.

Also, is it me or can you just hit a small part of the T-Rexes? Mainly their knees. Most of my bullets/rockets go right through them. Very annoying, especially when there are 3 T-Rexes, generator destroyed and low on ammo.

snake0234
05-09-2012, 09:08 AM
I can join other peoples games now but can't play in them, and it coemes to down one of two outcomes. First is that it comes off the loading screen and the camera just ebcomes fixed on a certain location, no hud and it the camera is dug into the floor, so I can see half of the map above and half of the blank space below.
If that doesn't occur then for about 10 seconds everything will be ok until everyone around me becomes frozen in place. Players just stick to their location with their legs moving on the spot, dinosaurs moving very slowly, jetpack not working, weapon animations not working, not being able to activate generators, requisition points and vehicles. Multiplayer is still unplayable for me.

acare84
05-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Reset defaults button in the options menu is not working, I hope you will fix it.

BurningX
05-09-2012, 11:05 AM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596970229935735562/D3F4EF4A6BF7D1FB9964092285B5256150342137/

Something is wrong...and i dont know WTF IT IS!!! cant even play

Gujjobu
05-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Tried to fix the low fps problem by setting up my Shadows to LOW, and It didn't work, I did this putting all the settings to minimum/low and Still getting very very low fps, please fix this, After the patch I could play this game with FULL graphics on high at 80+ fps constantly.

EngeHenk
05-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Most things seem to work fine now...but:

Where as i could join and play one some servers pre-patch, now my client seems to ignore the server for some reason after about 15-20 seconds in.
At first everything works fine, and then my jetpack stops working, can't get in cars, stations etc. And every player/dino continues to walk/run/jump/slide in the direction they where going at the time. Untill they hit a wall of some sort, to continue hugging it.

Haven't changed any settings here, firewall is letting the game through, but it seems to happen on every server i've joined so far after the patch.

CrippledPanda
05-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned but the base has some places where you can walk into the walls and get trapped. It seems to be an issue mainly with the weapon purchase bases near the front side. You can typically walk out easily but before you can get stuck but still odd you can even walk into the walls. Also might explain why I've seen teammates seemingly eaten in that corridor by a T-Rex not visible.

There is also spots where you can get trapped in the terrain near trees and rocks. Does not happen too often but is still a concern.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815385602596671/2DFC8A07290E3417F2E9C7A3A2E279A18E13AC13/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815385602561388/2BD5862BBAB8E8E6D9CDADBB34E4CC0D7D83D4C0/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815385602602611/73D4D0B8A81597FB1C1F4DC368B0305D0AF7AB5B/

snake0234
05-09-2012, 01:06 PM

Where as i could join and play one some servers pre-patch, now my client seems to ignore the server for some reason after about 15-20 seconds in.
At first everything works fine, and then my jetpack stops working, can't get in cars, stations etc. And every player/dino continues to walk/run/jump/slide in the direction they where going at the time. Untill they hit a wall of some sort, to continue hugging it.

Haven't changed any settings here, firewall is letting the game through, but it seems to happen on every server i've joined so far after the patch.

Same problem here. Still, its better than pre patch when I couldn't enter any games at all

Grizzled Boor
05-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Trex will attack you if you are cloaked and shooting them with silenced pistol.

Also I have been getting instantly killed by raptors randomly, fairly certain I am not actually dying this fast.

Persistent glitch randomly prevents me from selecting any class, i double click it says the name RECON or whatever then i see about a second of the game, then the selection menu pops right back up, this repeats endlessly.

randomly get disconnected from matches as well.

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-09-2012, 01:29 PM
When driving a buggy, if you have another player on the back using the main gun the weapon is completely silent.

The buggy when using boost is very unstable and will just veer off for no reason even though I'm driving in a straight line.

SoulCollector
05-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Laptop Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimated 32-bit SP1
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200
2.00GHZ, 3,0GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce 9200M GE

It appears that whenever I tried to play solo or connect to other, the loading screen works fine, but after a short while I receive an error message stating that "out of video memory".

HeroicHedgehog
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Every game I join has an unending loading screen. Devs say the game is fixed but I can ONLY join servers with the console, and I don't know any. This is getting really frustrating, please fix it.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Scratch that, I can't join ANY servers now. Even with the console. This is rediculous.

cosadesx4
05-09-2012, 01:47 PM

that pretty much the same problem i have

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-09-2012, 01:59 PM

I'm not saying it will work but I had exactly the same problem with Killing Floor, players running into walls, try this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1452-HCVB-6984

I don't get that issue in this game but it is very similar so this might work, hopefully.

w4t4ru
05-09-2012, 02:15 PM
After both patches I now receive an UDK.exe crash. Task manager shows UDK.exe in the process list with about 1.3 Gig of memory in use... :confused:

Also not connecting to servers that are not full. :(

Kaibamon
05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Me and a friend in the same country can not play togeher.I make a server and whenever I give him a invite and joins it sais something like "Lost connection to host"Can't you enable console ip connections?

EngeHenk
05-09-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm not saying it will work but I had exactly the same problem with Killing Floor, players running into walls, try this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1452-HCVB-6984

I don't get that issue in this game but it is very similar so this might work, hopefully.

Tried it, didn't work. But thanks for the effort =).
The thing is, if it's just normal lag, you will get a spike where it will return to normal, or get a time out, or have steam giving you the connection warning. Non of this happens. I can play perfectly fine for the first 20 seconds orso with no lag at all. Then at a snap...boom. Also...remarkable, the weapon fire animations also stop working at this time. The flash happens, you can see the impact, but the weapon itself doesn't animate on fire anymore.

wingers17
05-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Yay, Still crashes! Still haven't been able to even see what the game looks like. Well, at least I can see the menu screens.

How wasn't this crashing problem noticed before release? Just asking.

Toto18
05-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Well I was really happy to hear the the patch came out. Then I joined a game and everything was good! Then I left that game and everything was bad.....

Now I can not join or create a game. It does not crash, so i guess that is good but, When I click the join game button or create world button it does nothing. Just acts like I never pressed it.

Something I noticed. the first thing I did when this happened was to verify the integrity of my game cashe. It found that one file was corrupt. It fixed the file and the problem persisted. I did that again and it found another file, I'm thinking it was the same one. I then ran the verify again to make sure the file was Fixed Fixed and it did not find a file. I then went back to game the same problem.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm getting pretty upset here. Please help fix this quickly. I really want to kill dinosaurs.

EnthalpyFlow
05-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't know if this bug is posted, but sometimes, when you finish a round, the next round simply doesn't start... You're not able to move to another base though to start on it. Sorry if this bug it's posted already.

Also, I wanna say thanks to the dev team. You're working so hard to make this game fully enjoyable for everybody here. Greetings, Spiral ;)

GTRHitman
05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Killed a Rham as it picked me up via rocket launcher. I fell through the floor (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815385607677975/5CF384AC73A703B6799C4D960C8DE17CBB4FEFC1/) which is like paper thin. Also I can't get Glass Ceiling! achievement.

chris_coma
05-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Well I was really happy to hear the the patch came out. Then I joined a game and everything was good! Then I left that game and everything was bad.....

Now I can not join or create a game. It does not crash, so i guess that is good but, When I click the join game button or create world button it does nothing. Just acts like I never pressed it.

Something I noticed. the first thing I did when this happened was to verify the integrity of my game cashe. It found that one file was corrupt. It fixed the file and the problem persisted. I did that again and it found another file, I'm thinking it was the same one. I then ran the verify again to make sure the file was Fixed Fixed and it did not find a file. I then went back to game the same problem.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm getting pretty upset here. Please help fix this quickly. I really want to kill dinosaurs.

the same stuff for me. First time after launch everything works. And then just not until the game is restarted.
I have this bug since release and it is still ruining game even after patch. :(

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Only happens in co-op, I've not had it happen in SP yet, when a Rham picks me up I kind of hover in mid-air for a second, it's like being in limbo and the game doesn't know what to do with me :confused:

Toto18
05-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I was able to get into some games but it is not consistent. BUT, I was able to murder dinosaurs!

Orber
05-09-2012, 05:15 PM
The game lags like hell now. Pre-patch, I had a smooth 60 fps on highest resolution with some things turned down. Now, I get 30 at most and an average of 20 fps just from standing around. Turning down the settings did absolutely nothing. Try and fix this because it's absurd that a gaming rig can't run a game like this.

GeneralGinger
05-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Is it possible to have only 1 wording of power generator and 1 arrow? It looks a bit strange when the wording is over-lapping like it is.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558689060853979939/9431DA5455D29EC23B664B4DF7A798EE3D3A7D48/

Maybe one big arrow at a distance, but as you get closer they switch to the individual arrows at a certain distance?

At first everything works fine, and then my jetpack stops working, can't get in cars, stations etc. And every player/dino continues to walk/run/jump/slide in the direction they where going at the time. Until they hit a wall of some sort, to continue hugging it.

That sounds like lag, It happens in RO 2 too. If you lagg out everything just keeps going in a straight line. Both the same engine too if that counts any. :)

I ran my buggy into a rock, :rolleyes: and it got stuck. No matter what i did it couldn't be removed.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542926887006839794/BFCAF290803ACD1B706653AA88C80F3871F9D9D3/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542926887006846888/F8914EAD8ED5BB792CCE3456E44A1BAEB0FA1AF6/

A players jet pack held the flying particle effects animation thing :( even though he was just standing there.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542926886993536537/F0D3E60D79970B265711E57A52F56EB9606EC2D0/

Pretty sure i glitched underground, or this is where my cam spawned after i died. Either here's a picture of it.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542926886993531503/C83D429482CCF72A346748AB6D1F8263A503295E/

My camera after death and following someone is crooked, I'm not sure whether this is a bug or just to look cool. But i find it rather annoying.Whatever though.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542926887006843266/3AF404DF685974B254D65EA3B226E22580F00FF8/

Another spectator camera shot clipping through the ground and being crooked.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542926887006849633/F54571F39F5BE292549BA5AE9D584EE4066CE90B/

The turrets on the vtols dont move up or down, only side to side. This allows the player to shoot through the ship at targets below the ship without any harming coming to it.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542926887006853848/EDF8268B90C2C56F28A61066989F96ABD349C8AA/

Picture of someone right after they fell through the map.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542926887006852330/85384939C089996F9A63F6519DFCAA414F38276B/

Mysterious missing ground to the white abyss. It happens randomly, though sometimes it dosent get corrected and i can walk underground with my head peaking out. Also it seems like the server browser likes to connect back to the game you left. The guy in the pick tried 3 times before he could get to another.( I think any way, he didn't come back.)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542926887006836450/9927CB29DE34E20DF6D9D892A317137A8344A34F/

A rex also got stuck on the buggy vehicle i was driving, and it couldn't hurt me. I carried it almost halfway to another base until it dislodged itself.

The shotguns animations some times dosent play and dosent always fire. It also wont fire for 2-3 seconds after firing the healing beam gun, immediately after switching to it.

Riding on the rham? (The flying Dino) Is very bumpy and sometimes you drop right through it. Also the not being dropped from hitting v is fixed and works now.

Random spots on walls and objects can get raptors stuck. Sometimes ill find one just running in circles and looking at me. :p

And that is it, sorry for the long post, but i really want to see this game in its full,non buggy glory. :cool:

Mesen256
05-09-2012, 05:54 PM
IT seems to happen pretty often...but sometimes raptors get stuck int he ground. The red arrow is still on them. The game says 0 dinos left and the next round SHOULD be starting. The problem is that the dino is indeed still alive and cannot move or be killed. You can't run them over. You can grenade them or shoot them. Effective your game is stuck and death is the only way out.

Mewler
05-09-2012, 06:12 PM
If your hud (f key) is active when picked up by a rham you can't deactivate until the rham drops you.

WonderGamer
05-09-2012, 06:19 PM
My list of bugs that I've noticed so far: A new bug I'm noticing since the patch, I am unable to disable fog in the video options.
I'm also unable to disable voice once activated.
Another thing is that is seems you cannot change options once already in a game. They will not changed even after leaving a game; you have to restart the game first for them to take effect.
Appears that binding a key to the Page Down key (haven't tried Page Up yet) does not allow that key to work properly.

demonslayer2222
05-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Even after patch game still crashes, still freezes on loading screen, still have to end by task manager so all in all the exact same problems as before the patch, dont mind waiting for another patch but just disappointed to own a game that i was looking forward to and cant play.

Atech66
05-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Hey guys

Post patch and hotfix randomly getting udk.exe has stopped working
win 7 64 bit.
anyone else report this?

Mewtew
05-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Not a bug, but an annoyance. Any non jetpack class can get stuck and never leave any crevice they fall into.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mew2/screenshot/578955865667674616

Lachlann
05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Had this happen twice tonight:

I was hosting a game with 3 friends. Steam went offline (not the internet connection - we had a skype call running that didn't have any problems).

When Steam went offline, the game booted everyone and closed the server. I (the HOST) was dropped back to the main menu just like everyone else.

CommissarSCV
05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Had this happen twice tonight:

I was hosting a game with 3 friends. Steam went offline (not the internet connection - we had a skype call running that didn't have any problems).

When Steam went offline, the game booted everyone and closed the server. I (the HOST) was dropped back to the main menu just like everyone else.

This. Also after wave 18( medium difficulty on Covan) the game just stopped progressing. No new wave announcement, maybe one or two rhams spawned randomly.

merlik
05-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I got stuck and had no way of killing myself or getting out because I was support.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/merlik/screenshot/595844364267201579

wingers17
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM

This is happening to me now, the crash starts after this point. So, I can't even get it to crash now, because i can't select anything.

Edit: Finally got to see the game for 1 minute, crashed after that. At least I got to move around a little. Got out of memory error this time. Think it's time to shelve this until more patches come out. :( Even got a achievement, the Wanderer, lol.

Atech66
05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
This is happening to me now, the crash starts after this point. So, I can't even get it to crash now, because i can't select anything.

Edit: Finally got to see the game for 1 minute, crashed after that. At least I got to move around a little. Got out of memory error this time. Think it's time to shelve this until more patches come out. :( Even got a achievement, the Wanderer, lol.

its because the udk.exe never shut down
cntrl/alt/delete then look for udk.exe and kill it then you can make another game.

S3anyBoy
05-09-2012, 09:19 PM
When playing as support and you pull out your medic gun, switching weapons with mousewheel/mapped keys doesn't work, instead you have to hit one of the numbers to switch weapons.

Levi
05-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or just hilarious ragdolls, but I killed a t-rex just as he was eating a raptor, and then both starting flying around in the air spinning like crazy for a while. It was funny. :)

jwagner19
05-09-2012, 09:38 PM
i have windows 7 yet it keeps asking me for windows service pack 3 every single time i try to run this game. anybody else have this issue?

ZegapainX
05-09-2012, 10:44 PM
I seem to have a problem of not being able to spawn on the next wave and the game counts me as if i had died the next wave as well

miaaim3
05-09-2012, 11:18 PM
I just bought the game eagerly not looking into the bugs, I wish I had. When I attempted to join a game, it starts to load as if it will work then stops and freezes, at which point I must manually close the game. I have verified and ran defrag but was also unsuccessful in attempts to fix it. I sincerely hope this is nothing but a small patch that will be cleared up soon as I have seen has already happened for some.

nitroman
05-09-2012, 11:41 PM
I get disconnect from internet every time I try to join a server ( I am using a wifi connection to my house router ) . All other game`s are fine . Hope you guy`s will fix it ( cuz I can`t connect through lan ) .

WonderGamer
05-09-2012, 11:52 PM
I got stuck and had no way of killing myself or getting out because I was support.

I've run into issues where I got stuck before. Tried using the kill console command, which apparently didn't work. About the only thing you can do is change to spectator, then back again.

Artemesia
05-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Don't know if it's a bug or working as intended, but sometimes you will just take a MASSIVE amount of damage from a single hit for no explainable reason. I got the damage sponge or whatever achievement from a raptor biting me for over 5000 damage.

KrypticOnyx
05-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Stuck in the rock by charlies genertor was fighting a raptor when i suddenly got stuck here then next round i was ripped to shreds ;(

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595844364270546127/450A9B708447B04549EF43C98B36F5C831797105/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595844364270529541/9F55A0E40774B1CD6D25FBCB9160E2385DF63FCA/

Jay667b
05-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Sometimes on Hard the game won't progress passed wave 19, with no dinosaurs remaining it just stayed that way for a while and we had to restart.

Apparently the guy I was with said this has happened to him every time he got to wave 19 on Hard, but that was the first time it happened to me.

Screenshot (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540675268827646324/E401BDEFAF2D961758D1C8172BCD2442C725C76A/).

Nikodimos
05-10-2012, 01:47 AM
I don't know if anyone mentioned it before, but sometimes when the game changes map, the sound stops working

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Maybe one big arrow at a distance, but as you get closer they switch to the individual arrows at a certain distance?

Pretty sure i glitched underground, or this is where my cam spawned after i died. Either here's a picture of it.

Yes that would work but why bother? One arrow above the generator should do and saves the extra work by adding another ;)

I've also glitched underground too and I've noticed it happens a lot more if hit by a Rham that actually touches the floor. It seems to push a player through the ground.

lstev42
05-10-2012, 04:41 AM
I do not know if this has already been posted, but I don't want to sift through ~16 pages of posts to see.

After patch 1.1a, I am still experiencing problems connecting and creating games. I managed to play a game without any problem, but came back and was unable to do anything, include start a single player game.

I am on a 64bit OS. Won't bother posting hardware as I doubt it has anything to do with it.

Crocodillius
05-10-2012, 04:57 AM

It's a bug. Needs to be fixed URGENTLY!

Cannot repair it using either the Medic with Object Repair or EMP grenade. It's simply not targetable. If someone is inside the Mech the Medic Gun will target and heal them.

Smiffy555
05-10-2012, 05:54 AM

Type "suicide" in console next time that happens.

Too easy to get stuck in this game, definitely need a system similar to Postal 2 that detects when you're stuck and moves you.

HeroicHedgehog
05-10-2012, 05:54 AM
Mister Prassel, I don't see this problem reported elsewhere so I'll give it another go. Every game I try to join has an infinite loading screen, whether it be joined through the server list or through the console. It also doesn't work when I use literally all of the fixes you've made available. This is getting extremely frustrating, as i've been able to play this game for about 3 hours since I bought it like 2 hours after it came out.

Please don't ignore this cause i'm the only one with this problem, right now this game is useless to me and I really want to play it as it's a really fun game.

PLEASE fix this.

GeneralGinger
05-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Yes that would work but why bother? One arrow above the generator should do and saves the extra work by adding another ;)

I've also glitched underground too and I've noticed it happens a lot more if hit by a Rham that actually touches the floor. It seems to push a player through the ground.
Yeah,true. Maybe they have plans for several smaller generators on one base? Maybe a new mode?

I got that too. Maybe they could make it so when they dive they're not getting so close to the floor when grabbing you so the player dosent clip through?

MorgeanBH
05-10-2012, 06:47 AM
I have a bug where the game starts but it doesnt open and i cant tab into the game.... and i keep validateing and reinstalling but it doesnt work...

Krarrur
05-10-2012, 08:21 AM
I play games left handed and I use P,l,;,' for movement keys. However when I try to bind them and save it the ; and ' keys are automatically rebound to S and D resulting in me not being able to move backwards or right.

Coppanuva
05-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I can't make a solo game without exiting the game once I've joined/made another. So if I am playing solo mode and want to switch maps, it won't let me do that and clicking create does nothing. Once I exit the game and reload, I'm fine and can make another game.