PDA

View Full Version : ATI users. We need you! Try this hotfix!

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:28 PM
ATI Crashers - we need your help to test one of the major bugs.

Step 01 - Go to Windows/System32 or Windows/Syswow64 (Depends on 32bit / 64bit Windows)
Step 02 - Find either ATIadlxx.dll or ATIadxy.dll and rename them from .dll to .bak and then try playing.

Let us know what you discover. Hopefully not a crash :P

purplellama
05-04-2012, 05:33 PM
seems like i can make a single player game now, didn't try multi

still crashing when joining multiplayer games, if it doesn't just send me to the main menu.

system specs -

win 7 64 bit
i5 2500k
8 gig ram
ati 6950

got to be honest. kind of losing patience.

it's pretty crap to buy a game, or a 4 pack and then it's a buggy mess.
if i could get my money back i would. but we can't. we're just stuck waiting on a fix..

allenasfd
05-04-2012, 05:37 PM
renamed the file, but it still crashes.

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:39 PM
seems like i can make a single player game now, didn't try multi

still crashing when joining multiplayer games, if it doesn't just send me to the main menu.

system specs -

win 7 64 bit
i5 2500k
8 gig ram
ati 6950

got to be honest. kind of losing patience.

it's pretty crap to buy a game, or a 4 pack and then it's a buggy mess.
if i could get my money back i would. but we can't. we're just stuck waiting on a fix..

We apologize. We are just as frustrated and are very sorry about what day has become. Rest assured we will fix it and you'll end up getting your moneys worth out of this game in the long run - and then some. We are going to not only have it all fixed by Monday but all the free content coming (worlds, game modes, fast maps, dinosaurs) it's going to be great.

It sucks, but hang in there. It will be worth it. We promise :)

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Try putting -tcp in the launch options on Steam.

Let me know if that helps at all.

purplellama
05-04-2012, 05:43 PM
didn't help.

i'm just going to say forget it till this is patched

allenasfd
05-04-2012, 05:47 PM
agreed. I'm not wasting anymore time trying to get the game to work, the developer should be doing that not making us try all these bull♥♥♥♥ hotfixes that do nothing.

DPrassel
05-04-2012, 05:54 PM
agreed. I'm not wasting anymore time trying to get the game to work, the developer should be doing that not making us try all these bull♥♥♥♥ hotfixes that do nothing.

Sadly being a small indie developer (and remote) we don't have access to mass hardware. Once it goes out into the wild it'll be landing on so many different types of set ups, software, hardware and there could be so many different things conflicting outside of what we have access to that sometimes you guys helping speeds it up indefinitely.

If anyone is able to test we'd love to hear back about it. Churning away on the update. Hang in!

Fragems
05-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Sadly being a small indie developer (and remote) we don't have access to mass hardware. Once it goes out into the wild it'll be landing on so many different types of set ups, software, hardware and there could be so many different things conflicting outside of what we have access to that sometimes you guys helping speeds it up indefinitely.

If anyone is able to test we'd love to hear back about it. Churning away on the update. Hang in!

That is why you have beta testing. Next time i suggest you do what some of these other small time indie devs do offer beta access for early purchases or something :P.

Kezarim
05-04-2012, 06:04 PM
I tried both fixes, nothing happened.

Config:
Intel E8400 2x3,00Ghz
4 GB Ram
ATI 4860
Windows 7 64 bit

Bug:
Unable to join game (UTC.exe not working).
Solo play works fine.

Edit:
Also, i found out that the panda cloud antivirus doesn't like one of the .exes in the PIB folder and always deletes it if i start Orion without disabling the scanner first.

coolmanyou1
05-04-2012, 06:22 PM
64 bit
duel core intel 3.60 ghz
4gb ram
ati radeon 6770 HD
windows 7
450 gbs

coolmanyou1
05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
does not work it will not work . it's bug IN YO CODING DUDE . IT'S BUG IN YO CRAP 1GB OF 6 MONTHS OF WORK YOU NEED TO FIX THE C++ EXE .

Godofdrakes
05-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Am I supposed to delete the previous file? I just made a copy of the file and renamed it, preserving the original.

differlot
05-04-2012, 07:01 PM
hmm didn't seem to help, actually now i can't even get to a loading screen. It just doesn't do anything? Just keeps me at the solo screen

Godofdrakes
05-04-2012, 07:06 PM
hmm didn't seem to help, actually now i can't even get to a loading screen. It just doesn't do anything? Just keeps me at the solo screen

I just had that issue. I exited and started it up again... and it worked! Well, single player did. Then crashed after I changed video settings.