PDA

View Full Version : Where Is The Resolution / Configuration Stored

n_skid
05-05-2012, 05:33 AM
Anyone know, I've checked all the usual locations and I can't find it. The game is completely vertical minus in every aspect, UI, cutscreens rendering, this means I can't access the ingame menus to change the settings to 1680x1050 windows mode. But I can't find where the current resolution is being stored to manual override it, anyone know where it is?

n_skid
05-05-2012, 05:52 AM
NVM found it, the demo has a different steam id to the game, demo is 210840, configuration file is in Stream/userdata/%player id%/%steam id%/

But now I'm sorry to say the developers need a bollocking, that is a HEX file NOT an xml file. Files that store play settings should ALWAYS be human readable, perpetually settings like the resolution, if a tech savy player has a problem with a game the first place they will is the configuration file to see if they can fix it. There is never a legitimate reason to stop people editing the games setting from the configuration file to fix there own problems, any sensitive information should be stored separately to the basic settings.

mirrikat45
08-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Files that store play settings should ALWAYS be human readable, perpetually settings like the resolution, if a tech savy player has a problem with a game the first place they will is the configuration file to see if they can fix it. There is never a legitimate reason to stop people editing the games setting from the configuration file to fix there own problems, any sensitive information should be stored separately to the basic settings.

Yup, I cannot play this game. I have an eyefinity Desktop, and when the game starts the UI is outside the scope of my monitors so I cannot change the resolution. I don't feel like hex-editing it or setting myself up to 1 monitor temporarily to fix it.

Tried -window to a shortcut but that doesn't work either. Well hopefully the next game they make is playable...