PDA

View Full Version : Cinematic camera view not changing.

jj2414
05-06-2012, 07:38 AM
While flying the Stearman I noticed the cinematic camera would take five clicks to get it to advance to the next view, from either my joystick or F7.

Is this a new camera view as well?

Loki MS Flight
05-07-2012, 08:49 AM
While flying the Stearman I noticed the cinematic camera would take five clicks to get it to advance to the next view, from either my joystick or F7.

Is this a new camera view as well?

Only seen one other user mention this; they were getting a secondary cinematic view when they crashed their Stearman, "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Flight \Cameras.CFG" is the file that was getting corrupted, try deleting that, it should re-set everything to normal.

bastila13091
05-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I think I noticed this a bit with some of the other aircraft. I'm not near my computer and wont be for the next few days so I cant double check, but it seemed like it would take several button presses to get out of the view.

jj2414
05-18-2012, 03:49 PM
This is really getting bad now. The Mustang goes to flutter on Cinematic camera. It's starting to show up on every plane. Whenever I switch from the Stearman to another plane the bug goes along for the ride.

any way MS can do a permanent fix?

Loki MS Flight
05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
This is really getting bad now. The Mustang goes to flutter on Cinematic camera. It's starting to show up on every plane. Whenever I switch from the Stearman to another plane the bug goes along for the ride.

any way MS can do a permanent fix?

What do you mean the Mustang is Fluttering?

bastila13091
05-21-2012, 11:45 AM
What do you mean the Mustang is Fluttering?

I think its the camera thats fluttering.

Loki MS Flight
05-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I think its the camera thats fluttering.

If that is the case that is totally different from the cinematic view not changing.

jj2414
05-21-2012, 09:06 PM
If that is the case that is totally different from the cinematic view not changing.

Well it is still a problem with that camera view. On the Mustang it was fluttering as though it was stuck between two different views.

This cinematic camera view seems do disappear and reappear every once in a while. Is this view supposed to be available on all planes?

Loki MS Flight
05-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Well it is still a problem with that camera view. On the Mustang it was fluttering as though it was stuck between two different views.

This cinematic camera view seems do disappear and reappear every once in a while. Is this view supposed to be available on all planes?

Cinematic view is always available. Could you try deleting C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Flight \Cameras.CFG and see if that fixes things for you?

jj2414
05-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Cinematic view is always available. Could you try deleting C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Flight \Cameras.CFG and see if that fixes things for you?

No such file in my PC..where do you get that?

Looks like I'm done with MS flight as this is no longer playable.

bastila13091
05-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Did you search for it, or did you follow the paths that Loki pointed towards? If you searched for the string, then you need to rethink some of the.. "variables" in it, like "USERNAME". Also, there was a space in there between \Flight and \Cameras.CFG. And have you tried the most basic of things and do a verify cache integrity?

jj2414
05-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Did you search for it, or did you follow the paths that Loki pointed towards? If you searched for the string, then you need to rethink some of the.. "variables" in it, like "USERNAME". Also, there was a space in there between \Flight and \Cameras.CFG. And have you tried the most basic of things and do a verify cache integrity?

I searched for it. "rethink" some of the variables???

I'm not a computer programmer .I have no idea what you are talking about.

I searched in the MS flight folder, if it's in there it won't open. ..my PC won't open them.

"location not available".

bastila13091
05-27-2012, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=bastila13091;30918759]Did you search for it, or did you follow the paths that Loki pointed towards? If you searched for the string, then you need to rethink some of the.. "variables" in it, like "USERNAME". Also, there was a space in there between \Flight and \Cameras.CFG. And have you tried the most basic of things and do a verify cache integrity?[/QUOTE

I searched for it. "rethink" some of the variables???

I'm not a computer programmer .I have no idea what you are talking about.

I searched in the MS flight folder, if it's in there it won't open. ..my PC won't open them.

"location not available".

Go through those locations manually. Start at the C drive and click on users, the username you used to log in, app data, etc. If you searched for the long string of locations, it will always fail on everyone's computer unless they are logged in as literally "Username".

Just did a search on my computer for cameras.cfg, and it was only turning up one result in the FSX folder. And .CFG wont even turn up anything from the users area. So go manually.

jj2414
05-27-2012, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=jj2414;30919213]

Go through those locations manually. Start at the C drive and click on users, the username you used to log in, app data, etc. If you searched for the long string of locations, it will always fail on everyone's computer unless they are logged in as literally "Username".

Just did a search on my computer for cameras.cfg, and it was only turning up one result in the FSX folder. And .CFG wont even turn up anything from the users area. So go manually.

Thanks for trying but that gets me no farther.

bastila13091
05-27-2012, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=bastila13091;30919692]

Thanks for trying but that gets me no farther.

You are unable to open "My Computer", Click on the C drive, click on users, click on your username, etc? Thats the only way you're going to find it. If you are unable to find it after hitting that specific folder, then something is wrong with your game. If you arent gonna go look just because its too much work.......

jj2414
05-27-2012, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=jj2414;30920047]

You are unable to open "My Computer", Click on the C drive, click on users, click on your username, etc? Thats the only way you're going to find it. If you are unable to find it after hitting that specific folder, then something is wrong with your game. If you arent gonna go look just because its too much work.......

I did exactly that..it get's me NO WHERE!

there is nothing in that folder...or any folder that even resembles it.

LHookins
05-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Important note: AppData is a hidden folder.

jj2414
05-27-2012, 09:56 PM

so what does that mean?

I can find flight.exe.....a CFG folder but I cannot open it.

bastila13091
05-28-2012, 12:26 AM

I was able to follow the pathing that Loki posted to find that exact file. But searching wouldnt work. Is that what hidden folders do?

Also, OP, what OS are you using? XP? Vista? 7?

jj2414
05-28-2012, 06:24 AM
I was able to follow the pathing that Loki posted to find that exact file. But searching wouldnt work. Is that what hidden folders do?

Also, OP, what OS are you using? XP? Vista? 7?

Windows 7.

RoboRay
05-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Enter...

%appdata%\microsoft\flight\

...into your Windows Search box, at the bottom of your Start menu.

And for what it's worth, if you are going to use a non-standard userdata folder location on your computer, or let somebody else set up your computer using a non-standard userdata folder location (You ARE doing one of these two things) you may want to take note of where your files are actually being stored, as it would make finding them when you need them much easier. The shortcut I used above will help you for this case, but you do need to find your files and remember where they are.

bastila13091
05-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Windows 7.

Yeah. If you actually manually go through the path that loki specified you should be able to find it. I was able to and I use windows 7.

LHookins
05-28-2012, 10:58 AM
%appdata%\microsoft\flight

NO trailing slash

Hook

jj2414
05-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Enter...

%appdata%\microsoft\flight\

...into your Windows Search box, at the bottom of your Start menu.

And for what it's worth, if you are going to use a non-standard userdata folder location on your computer, or let somebody else set up your computer using a non-standard userdata folder location (You ARE doing one of these two things) you may want to take note of where your files are actually being stored, as it would make finding them when you need them much easier. The shortcut I used above will help you for this case, but you do need to find your files and remember where they are.

Now what?.I have three folders one says Cameras ..CFG file
Content errors..text document..and Flight..CFG file.

None of them will open.

jj2414
05-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah. If you actually manually go through the path that loki specified you should be able to find it. I was able to and I use windows 7.

Like I said already..DID THAT...NOTHING WILL OPEN..what part of my reply did you not understand?

bastila13091
05-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Like I said already..DID THAT...NOTHING WILL OPEN..what part of my reply did you not understand?

Which part of Loki's reply did you not understand? Loki said to delete it. Not open it.

jj2414
05-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Which part of Loki's reply did you not understand? Loki said to delete it. Not open it.

If I can find the folder I WILL DELETE..so far I have not found one that matches the description.

I can't delete an entire camera folder.

Don't bother responding...you are of ZERO help.

RoboRay
05-28-2012, 02:47 PM
The underlying problem is not our lack of understanding your replies.

Yelling at the people trying to help you, and giving you correct information at that, will not do much for your benefit.

The instructions given were clear, and in your own replies you clearly say you are not following them, even if you think you are. Perhaps taking a deep breath, relaxing, and starting again from the beginning of this thread with no preconceived notions of what you think you should be doing would help.

Don't try to interpret the instructions, just follow them blindly.

bastila13091
05-28-2012, 02:59 PM
If I can find the folder I WILL DELETE..so far I have not found one that matches the description.

I can't delete an entire camera folder.

I'm of zero help? Then Loki is of zero help too because I was just reiterating what Loki was saying. You just dont know how to work a computer at all, and should just try deleting the game and reinstalling it. That might be easier than taking days of complaining and yelling at people on the forums to fix a problem several people have tried to walk you through.

Its not a folder you need to delete. It is a file called cameras.cfg. You said you found it. Just delete that frapping file and follow the rest of Loki's suggestions. If you cant do that, then there's little anyone can do to help you besides come to your house and do it for you.

jj2414
05-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the underlying problem is not our lack of understanding your replies.

Yelling at the people trying to help you, and giving you correct information at that, will not do much for your benefit.

The instructions given were clear, and in your own replies you clearly say you are not following them, even if you think you are. Perhaps taking a deep breath, relaxing, and starting again from the beginning of this thread with no preconceived notions of what you think you should be doing would help.

Don't try to interpret the instructions, just follow them blindly.

I've tried everything to open this folder...it simply will not open. I have located three folders as I described above...it does not open. It flashes a window on the screen for a split second. I 'm sure I can't delete a complete camera folder now can I?

I'm not yelling. I don't need criticism from someone who thinks i am not following instructions.

RoboRay
05-28-2012, 03:21 PM
You are NOT following directions. Quote the post that told you to open the file.

jj2414
05-28-2012, 03:24 PM
You are NOT following directions. Quote the post that told you to open the file.

let me explain again. I still cannot find the exact file. it is obviously located in one of the three folders that I found. I really don't think i can delete an entire camera folder now can I?

One would think I would have to open the folder to access the file.

RoboRay
05-28-2012, 03:28 PM
***facedesk***

EDIT: I'm sorry, but I don't think there's any more help I can offer. Everything you need to do has been spelled out here. All you have to do is follow the instructions as given.

But you keep trying to analyze the instructions and reinterpret them for some reason. I don't know why. But so long as you refuse to just take our word for what you need to do ("our" including a Microsoft rep, mind you) and do it, without making up new steps of your own to insert along the way, I'm afraid there's nothing else to offer.

bastila13091
05-28-2012, 04:03 PM
***facedesk***

Yes. I feel like posting the image of Picard because of this.

LHookins
05-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Cameras.cfg is not a folder, it's a file. A simple text file. You can open it in notepad various ways. Simply clicking on it may not open it if the CFG files are not linked to notepad. One way is right click and "open with", another is open a blank notepad and drag the Cameras.cfg file to the open notpad window.

But you don't need to open it at all. Loki suggested deleting it. You may also rename it to get the same effect. I'd suggest a name like OLDCameras.cfg and see what happens next time you restart Flight. Also, you need to have Flight shut down before you do this.

Let us know what happens.

Hook

jj2414
05-28-2012, 04:38 PM
***facedesk***

EDIT: I'm sorry, but I don't think there's any more help I can offer. Everything you need to do has been spelled out here. All you have to do is follow the instructions as given.

But you keep trying to analyze the instructions and reinterpret them for some reason. I don't know why. But so long as you refuse to just take our word for what you need to do ("our" including a Microsoft rep, mind you) and do it, without making up new steps of your own to insert along the way, I'm afraid there's nothing else to offer.

You seem to misinterpert my response.

I cannot open the folder that contains the file...end of story,

I am not refusing to take your word you simply won't believe my response.

once again I have found a camera folder which I imagine contains that particular file I need...I cannot open that folder to delete the file. the instructions do not say delete the whole camera folder do they?

LHookins
05-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Just a second post to make sure you saw my post just above yours. We posted a the same time.

jj2414
05-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Just a second post to make sure you saw my post just above yours. We posted a the same time.

I read it.

LHookins
05-28-2012, 04:50 PM
So tell us what happened when you tried it.

jj2414
05-28-2012, 05:05 PM
So tell us what happened when you tried it.

I renamed it. Time will tell if the problem returns.

thanks for your help.

LHookins
05-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Sounds like Loki's advice fixed it. If the problem returns, you know what to do next time. Good luck.

Hook

RoboRay
05-28-2012, 05:26 PM
I foresee many renamed files cluttering up drives in his future.

I've never seen someone so determined to believe that a file is actually a folder that needs to be opened, and refuse to simply follow clear directions to delete it. OMG.

jj2414
05-28-2012, 06:05 PM
I foresee many renamed files cluttering up drives in his future.

I've never seen someone so determined to believe that a file is actually a folder that needs to be opened, and refuse to simply follow clear directions to delete it. OMG.

Give it a break.. what are you 12?

my computer knowledge is minimal..if you were 45 and never touched a PC for 15 years I'm sure you would be right on top of it.

RoboRay
05-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey, the person who starts getting hostile and abusive has no grounds complaining about others making snarky comments.

The thing is, it didn't matter if your computer knowledge is minimal. The instructions didn't require any degree of knowledge, other than how to get to the file (which was given to you, in several ways) and to delete it (and if you know how to rename it, you know how to delete it).

You chose to over-analyze the situation, apparently thinking "It can't be this simple" or something. Well, it was that simple. That's what we kept trying to tell you.

In any case, it looks like you did finally find a way to make it work. Renaming it is as good as deleting, since Flight will create a new Cameras.CFG file if it can't find yours. You just end up with an extra file sitting on your drive. No big deal, though.

Hopefully this fixed it for you.

jj2414
05-28-2012, 07:52 PM
This message is hidden because RoboRay is on your ignore list.

RoboRay
05-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Hostile and abusive?

Yes, hostile and abusive...

After being politely told exactly what to do, and you did something different.

Again, after being politely told exactly what to, and deciding you need to open it rather than delete it, as instructed.

I don't need criticism from someone who thinks i am not following instructions.

We knew you were not following instructions, which was why we kept asking you to follow them. Correction is not criticism.

I cannot open the folder that contains the file...end of story

There never was a folder. Cameras.CFG is a file, not a folder. Yet every time somebody told you to delete it, you wanted to open it instead and got upset when we repeatedly tried to correct you.

"End of story" indeed. Good luck next time you need help. Maybe somebody new with infinite patience will come along.

DoubleD
05-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Seems the issue is resolved so I am closing this. In the future when asking for help follow instructions provided by those here trying to help. In turm people here trying to help should understand that some folk's do not have much knowledge about PC's and how system files work etc.

Thanks