PDA

View Full Version : udk.exe error (cannot start the game)

Schneider
05-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Gentlemen, when i started the game message came out with udk.exe error
i tried some ideas like
dotnet_fullinstall program which located in
/binarys/installdata :)
but, it still not working :\
any other way?

EnthalpyFlow
05-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Did you tried to verify the files integrity on the steam library?

Schneider
05-06-2012, 10:11 AM
yes but still not working
udk.exe has encountered problem and needs to close

DPrassel
05-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Gentlemen, when i started the game message came out with udk.exe error
i tried some ideas like
dotnet_fullinstall program which located in
/binarys/installdata :)
but, it still not working :\
any other way?

We are so sorry about the troubles you guys are having. This update that is coming will be resolving a lot of these key problems. Hang in there :(

Schneider
05-06-2012, 10:29 AM
ok but when it will come then :\

DPrassel
05-06-2012, 10:31 AM
ok but when it will come then :\

Working hard on getting it out on Monday. We just brought both Epic and Valve in for back up so hopefully soon. We will keep you all update about its arrival as we want to play just as bad :)

krevin
05-06-2012, 11:13 AM
How the heck can you release a game that does not play? I mean people are paying for it. I understand there being bugs but just flat out not being able to play WTF!

Schneider
05-06-2012, 12:00 PM
How the heck can you release a game that does not play? I mean people are paying for it. I understand there being bugs but just flat out not being able to play WTF!

agree :)
hope they fix the problem with the new update

Larry the Crab
05-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Bet it don't get fixed as quick as you managed to take my cash ;P

DPrassel
05-07-2012, 08:04 PM

Taking your cash required over 2 years of work, 6 months specifically to Dino Beatdown itself (the rest Prelude) and over 25 developers. The fix is happening within 72 hours.

Randomacts
05-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Taking your cash required over 2 years of work, 6 months specifically to Dino Beatdown itself (the rest Prelude) and over 25 developers. The fix is happening within 72 hours.

And only 5 of those 72 hours did you sleep.

Saneless
05-07-2012, 08:08 PM

Nobody held a gun to your head and said you must buy this game. Single player does work most the time and multiplayer some of the time. If you didnt want bugs you shouldnt of bought the game on release.

Your guys game is amazing, just get it fixed so i can get my trex fix :p

Larry the Crab
05-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Well give yourself a big pat on the back for all the hard work that should have been done BEFORE you released the game and took money from anyone, your arguments and excuses don't hold water for me, and as for the comment (saneless, post above) about holding guns to heads for purchase of the games, get out of here, your opinion added nothing constructive to this problem at all. Now fix it, or REFUND. That's business, get used to it. As for being an Indie developer, that's your problem, not mine, if you want to mix it amongst the big boys of gaming at least try to ensure your product works properly before release and you'll maybe find you'll earn a far better reputation than you are doing with myself at the moment, I stand behind my comments and previous posts, FIX or REFUND, and fast, thank you. It seems the error was only mine in trusting you to sell a product Fit for Purpose.

p.s. @saneless, if you read the thread's title,udk.exe error, (cannot start the game) so that means no solo play, no fun, no working game, nowt, nothing, nada and zilch. get it? I thought I was buying a game to play, not a hobby trying to fix another parties problem. And just to clarify things a little, my ire is generated by massive dissapointment, i was actually looking forward to playing this game.
Peace, out.

Larry the Crab
05-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Got the patch. game started,lagged severely on solo for 30 seconds, then crash/lock up. Well, the patch seems to have sorted that start up issue for me,I await a quick fix on the playability problems.

Aakaash R
05-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Are you 32-bit or 64-bit?

rudek
05-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Got the patch. game started,lagged severely on solo for 30 seconds, then crash/lock up. Well, the patch seems to have sorted that start up issue for me,I await a quick fix on the playability problems.

I think you may be waiting a while. Half the people that claim the game works fine for them on these forums are either long term supporters on the dev's website or supposedly work for Spiral.

Meanwhile, if you say the game doesn't work for you and wonder why or show any frustration over the matter you will get called a whiner, crybaby, or told that nobody forced you to by an unfinished and untested product that shouldn't even be distributed by Steam for the time being.

Hopefully Steam Support gets flooded with enough refund requests for them to pull the game until it becomes an actual game.

Larry the Crab
05-09-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm a single piece human unit, my pc has 64 bit architecture, runs on 32 bit OS though. Oh,yes and it runs everything else perfectly fine.

Larry the Crab
05-09-2012, 09:54 AM
@rudek, I fear you may well be correct, I hope you are wrong, I am by no means a baby or a whining crier either, but, I am a very unhappy customer and I feel completely justified to demonstrate this fact. But, as this issue on the udk.exe on start up seemed to be resolved (but only the start up issue i can now get past the splash screen, but the game still crashes in play, leading to a need for a shutdown and re-start of PC) i have no further comments to make on this particular thread, Peace, out.

Navarras
05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Constantly getting this error whenever I try to start a solo game, what is the fix? I have tried reinstalling all the redistributables and DX9. What do I need to do in order to play the game? It happens in mmultiplayer, when hosting a server, when starting a solo game. I have verified my files repeatedly and still no joy.

I am running a 32 bit os, and more than meet the minumim required spec.

TLDR: What is the fix for this crash?

Schneider
06-20-2012, 12:50 AM
how is the game now anyway !

raowyn
06-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Suggestion folks- post some error logs, Windows event appcrash, dxdiag output. It's pretty much impossible to fix things when the only detail to go on is "it crashes".

32-bit has problems, they are working on it, look anywhere on the forums.

Thumbs up devs.

Schneider
06-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Suggestion folks- post some error logs, Windows event appcrash, dxdiag output. It's pretty much impossible to fix things when the only detail to go on is "it crashes".

32-bit has problems, they are working on it, look anywhere on the forums.

Thumbs up devs.

looking 2