PDA

View Full Version : What about GalCivII for now.

crosswire
05-08-2012, 06:54 AM
I have been told that if I like ES, then I will like GalCiv II, and I could play that while waiting for ES to mature.
Any opinions?

Xientie
05-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Endless Space is like the grandson of Galactic Civilizations 2.
If you like one then you will most definitely like the other.
The resemblance between the two is uncanny, though both have their own unique little quirks.

crosswire
05-08-2012, 08:33 AM
I like ES, but feel it still has a little way to go. Galatic civ II has been out a while now so it should be nice and polished, and I can get the latest GalCivII bundle on here for just 12.

I think I might just make the purchase.

Astasia
05-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Ya it's a great game and I think everyone who likes the genre should try it. I'd also say the same for Sword of the Stars (the first one, not the second one).

crosswire
05-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I like ES, but with it still only being in alpha, I was looking for something to get my teeth into, and everyone seems to like and recommend GalCiv II, so I should think it to be a safe bet. :)

crosswire
05-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I bought it, and you were right, it is a really,really good game. Lot's of options, lots of fun. :)

anagain
05-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Buy Distant Worlds if you want a really in depth space 4X game. Gal Civ2 is a damn good game but Distant Worlds has so much depth it's untrue.

The price of DW is the only thing that might put some people off.

crosswire
05-09-2012, 02:33 AM
Buy Distant Worlds if you want a really in depth space 4X game. Gal Civ2 is a damn good game but Distant Worlds has so much depth it's untrue.

The price of DW is the only thing that might put some people off.

Thanks, I will put that on my (to look at)list. ;)
At the moment I am well into this Gal-Civ II, it's surprisingly easy to get into and is teaching me a lot of what Endless Space is all about.