PDA

View Full Version : Six minute loading delay ...

bushy155
05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Yo:

It takes almost six minutes for the game to go from the initial Warlock splash screen to the series of animated videos (paradox, gameware ...). That's definitely something that should be addressed in an early patch. BTW, I got win7 64bit system w/ 8gb ram.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

[edit] - I posted my solution below.

Freelance
05-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Not me actually. Not even close to that.

I'm using Vista 32-bit.

Narlsen
05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I have windows 7 64-bit and not experienced this issue. The game has been very smooth with no bugs or crashed/freezing for me. The issue lies somewhere else for you.

Also loving the game right now!

bushy155
05-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Ahhh.. I found out what is causing the startup delay. After the initially long load I switched Warlock into window mode. I quit Warlock and restarted it. The first thing I got upon restart was Window 7's permissions dialog (regarding network/public access et al..) - I clicked "Allow". And now Warlock starts up very fast, be it either windows or fullscreen.

I've noticed on other forums that other people are having this same issue as well, so hopefully this will help them out as well.

Yo:

It takes almost six minutes for the game to go from the initial Warlock splash screen to the series of animated videos (paradox, gameware ...). That's definitely something that should be addressed in an early patch. BTW, I got win7 64bit system w/ 8gb ram.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Freelance
05-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Good that you fixed it then. Now play the game!