PDA

View Full Version : Playing with friends

Reg_Pither
05-09-2012, 08:42 AM
I've just started playing this game, which looks pretty damn good.:) I'd just like to know if you can play against/with specific friends, or are all multiplayer battles sourced through the matchmaking system? Also, can you co-op against an AI force?

Thanks. :)

Spattercat
05-09-2012, 08:53 AM
All through the matchmaking, but those would be great features ) You can, however, form a group with a friend and join the matchmaking together, to be on the same side.

Reg_Pither
05-09-2012, 09:03 AM
That's a shame. I was really looking forward to playing this game that way. :( Oh well, you can't argue with a game like this for free, I guess. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and see if any kind of feature like that comes along in the future.:)

Thanks for the clarification.

gwynnbleid84
05-09-2012, 10:23 AM
That's a shame. I was really looking forward to playing this game that way. :( Oh well, you can't argue with a game like this for free, I guess. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and see if any kind of feature like that comes along in the future.:)

Thanks for the clarification.

You mean you want to play AGAINST you friends? Because you can easily form a party and play WITH up to 2 of your friends in one team as Spattercat has mentioned.

So do you really want to play against you friends? We had this option in a very old version about 2 years ago. But we've removed that so far in order to prevent farming in predefined battles. Still we thought a lot about "Duel" function and things like that, but before noone asked too much about that.

Spattercat
05-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I like the skirmish/duel idea, but it shouldn't really award anything... just bragging rights.

Reg_Pither
05-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I like the skirmish/duel idea, but it shouldn't really award anything... just bragging rights.

Yes, that would suit me, a skirmish mode so I can choose who I'm playing with or against (inc AI) like most other games of this ilk. I don't give a hoot about rankings/rewards, just playing the game, as it looks great! :D