PDA

View Full Version : Is valve TRYING to upset/offend me? WTF is with the news feeds?!

LordAndromeda
05-09-2012, 07:01 PM
So, I recently pre-ordered prototype 2, good times and all, and decided to play through 1 again. Love that game (aside from the few mechanic quirks but that's in any game) and have been having a real blast filling up my web on intrigue, HOWEVER, I am close to the point where I'm just going to delete prototype from my system and add it to one of my lists to just hide it from my eyes.

I understand people have varying opinions, and sometimes it's not my place to argue, but when it's a news article that's thrust into my eye sockets THAT CHANGES.

I DO NO appreciate an article whining about how sometimes children die in video games to galvanize the player. I DO NOT appreciate the f*^@%ng words "CHILD-MURDER" being displayed on my screen in big text EVERY time I go to play a game.

Kotaku has been offending me for a long time now, with these nonsense articles that seem intentionally designed to troll folks.
I actually regret pre-ordering prototype 2 SOLELY because of Kotatu's newsfeed, and will be considering STEAM ALTERNATIVES for as long as I have to, in order to get any new games I am looking forward to.
I consider myself VERY lucky that the only other games I'm interested in, Diablo 2 and Assassin's Creed 3, can be played on STEAM FREE game shells.
I can only imagine what offensive horse$&*t those scumbags have to say about assassinating people during the revolution.

Buntfunk
05-09-2012, 07:08 PM
"Personally I would like to claw back the time in my life I've spent so much as reading the word "Kotaku". But I'm afraid you can see where these threads go and your request has been put out there now."

The above is what a mod said before locking the last thread about Kotaku.

bdb2m
05-09-2012, 07:12 PM
An overreaction, perhaps?

No offense, but you are playing a game in which you can and probably did slaughter thousands of virtual people. Why does a news headline "offend" you?

If it's really all that bad launch it from the start menu.

LordAndromeda
05-09-2012, 07:29 PM
To be honest this was after reading other threads form people with issues, that perhaps might have been more valid, but whatever. The point is simply, the steam web site itself acknowledges FAR more than kotaku as approved newsfeeds, it just seems.... ridiculous that I can't, for example, set it to PC gamer.

There are plenty of other games this is bothered me on, I've bought something near 5 dozen games through steam on this account, but I can't be expected to remember them all, as dearly as I would like to, in order to further accentuate my point.

I just feel, for as many advancements as steam has made, as great as it has become... to still have this problem feels... archaic.

stevethepocket
05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
The news feeds do seem to exist for no reason other than to pad out the library pages for games that have never received a single patch. (Perhaps so players don't catch on that 90% of publishers never patch their stupid games? *tinfoilhat*)