PDA

View Full Version : Not Quite Worth It - But Nearly

MrPegiShixteen
05-10-2012, 02:20 PM
I bought this on the sale today (10th May 2012)

I didn't just want to add my post to the 'Not Worth It Thread' because I am so close to recommending it, but can't.

I have a Nvidea 460 GTX, 4GB ram , Core 2 Quad Q8300 @2.5 GHz
Win7 64

This is not a top end machine at all but can run most (if not all) modern games at balls-out graphics performance.

The only way I can get Bunch of heroes to play well enough to use is to set all its graphic options to the lowest setting and to set the resolution to 1024x768, which also is the lowest. If I dont the game runs slowly with about a 1 second catchup for the mouse gun-pointer whilst in game.

I am no expert whatsoever with regards to understanding the ins and outs of video settings but whilst playing around with them by mostly turning things off in the Nvidia control panel, systematically, I have changed absolutely nothing with regard to game performance.

ie.

The only way I can make a difference seems to be lowering every single graphic/resolution option via the in-game settings - and even then the mouse-lag in-game is only just bearable. Shame.

I was wholly aware that there have been reported problems with this game and am not here to go over the fact that game like this should at least be playable upon release etc. I was just hoping my system wasn't going to suffer these problems.

Why I can only 'nearly' recommend this game is because it does what it says on the tin and no more, which is fine by me and at this current sale price could have a been the steal deal of the century,...

but isn't.

jsmucha
05-10-2012, 04:56 PM
-Did you try windowed mode?

pokrishka
05-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Steal deal of the century was Nation Red for $2 a couple of days ago. This game just has really poor mechanics and completelly unattractive gameplay, once you get to play it and not just watch the trailer.

MrPegiShixteen
05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
-Did you try windowed mode?

Thanks jsmucha - never thought of that. It works on all levels and resolutions now - +1 Rep :)

Steal deal of the century was Nation Red for $2 a couple of days ago. This game just has really poor mechanics and completelly unattractive gameplay, once you get to play it and not just watch the trailer.

I absolutely agree about Nation Red. I've had it for ages now :)

PS. Which key is the search key? It's doing my swede in!