PDA

View Full Version : Frame Rate

flowlee
05-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Does anyone else have a really bad frame rate with this game?

When I start it I get about 15-20fps, but after just a few seconds it drops steadily to about 5fps. Needless to say the game is unplayable this way...

epmode
05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
My famerate is actually very good when the game starts. 60 FPS

BUT the framerate takes a massive hit (30 FPS) if I just continue playing through levels. It seems to take effect on the third level in sequence. The strange part is that the same exact level will play just fine if I go back to the level select screen and choose it directly.

My hardware is relatively high-end so this probably shouldn't be happening.

If it makes a difference, I'm running in fullscreen 4:3.

kpulv
05-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Does anyone else have a really bad frame rate with this game?

When I start it I get about 15-20fps, but after just a few seconds it drops steadily to about 5fps. Needless to say the game is unplayable this way...

Howdy. I'm curious, do you have a controller plugged into the computer running the game? Also, what OS are you on, Windows or Mac OSX? I have a hunch at what this might be, but I'm not sure.

My famerate is actually very good when the game starts. 60 FPS

BUT the framerate takes a massive hit (30 FPS) if I just continue playing through levels. It seems to take effect on the third level in sequence. The strange part is that the same exact level will play just fine if I go back to the level select screen and choose it directly.

My hardware is relatively high-end so this probably shouldn't be happening.

If it makes a difference, I'm running in fullscreen 4:3.

Hmm this is strange, haven't run into this one on the dozens of computers that I tested the game on (of course!) What are you exact specs, and are you running anything in the background while playing?

Thanks for your patience, and sorry about these issues :(

Cardia
05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Howdy. I'm curious, do you have a controller plugged into the computer running the game? Also, what OS are you on, Windows or Mac OSX? I have a hunch at what this might be, but I'm not sure.

Hmm this is strange, haven't run into this one on the dozens of computers that I tested the game on (of course!) What are you exact specs, and are you running anything in the background while playing?

Thanks for your patience, and sorry about these issues :(

Having the sames issues, fps drop to 15/20 after 40minutes playing !

And thanks for the game Kyle, I love it (but a little too easy, already did 60 levels O_O)

kpulv
05-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Do you regain FPS after you exit the level, or is it after 40 minutes of playing in general?

Also any hardware specs would help if you are having issues :)

epmode
05-11-2012, 07:08 PM

After restarting my machine, I am unable to reliably reproduce this, although I only tested for 15 minutes or so. The issue was apparent within 2 minutes prior to the reboot.

Just in case it's useful, I'm running an Intel i7 2600k CPU on an EVGA P67 motherboard, a GeForce 570 at 2560x1600. Windows 7 64.

The game is in fullscreen without stretching.

I really like the game, by the way. I love the subtle ambient color changes!

kpulv
05-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Ah okay, interesting. Thanks!

I might have a fix in the works that will solve the bizarre issue of the game crapping out to 5fps right away depending on if its actually being caused by the game freaking out about not having a controller plugged in.

flowlee
05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
The issue seems to indeed be connected to controller input somehow. The game doesn't recognize my Xbox 360 controller at all, although it works with every other game. Plugging the controller in or removing it doesn't seem to affect the frame rate in any way.

Hope that helps!

kpulv
05-12-2012, 12:29 PM
What operating system are you running?

flowlee
05-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Windows 7 64bit with up to date graphics card drivers.

My specs: AMD Phenom II quad core, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti.

Edit, some more information:
The frame rate is not affected by quality setting or display mode, they all run the same.
I just tried the demo on your site, it runs perfectly fine...

kpulv
05-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Okay, can you email me at hello@offspringfling.com ? Might have something for you to try in a few days.

flowlee
05-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Okay, can you email me at hello@offspringfling.com ? Might have something for you to try in a few days.

Check. Roger.

Cardia
05-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I didn't saw any issue since my first playthrough, but the game runs perfect on the website demo (60 fps ?)
My steam version runs 30 fps, any idea Kyle ?
I have a AMD X3 2.3ghz, XFX Radeon 5670 1GB, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bits. Graphics driver up to date.

glassnail
05-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Hello guys.

I'm also experiencing strange frame drops and jerky animation during gameplay. One moment it is super-fluid (60fps), the next one - i get stuterring. It is even worse in window mode.

I'm running i7 870, 570 gtx, win7 pro 64-bit with the latest drivers.

Cute game and it seems fun to play but I'll wait for a patch, which will be released soon, I hope.

KDR_11k
05-15-2012, 01:32 AM
I have the exact same problem with this that I have with Stellar Impact (SI is on Unity, is this one too?): The framerate drops periodically to <10 FPS, maybe for ten seconds or so. Then it goes back to normal and stays there for a while before dropping again and so on.

AMD 3x1.8 GHz, GeForce 250, 4GB RAM, Win7 64.