PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Super MNC economy value

Triforceformer
05-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Like how much Super MNC items will be worth in regards to TF2 items. Full Uniforms will most likely be on par with hats, and partial uniforms worth a reclaimed/scrap depending on how good it is. Taunts are harder to pin down, but I predict you wouldn't be unlikely to see expensive taunts going for a hat/refined or two. Lower Endos would be of similar value to weapons in TF2, and Bacon Endorsements being the Refined Metal.

Weapon skins might be in the same tier as partial uniforms. Chickey Cantor Hats may possibly be the Ear Buds of Super MNC due to sheer rarity and sillyness. Then again the Chickey Cantor hats actually looks good, so that casts some doubt. Products would be case by case, with Massive Air/Bot Buster being the gold standard most likely.

Promos would vary depending on the promo. Full access promos like Mr. Destructoid (25,000 codes available indeed) likely wouldn't be worth much, but Luchadeer could end up being super valuable when the community expands and almost no one has it thanks to it being a time-based promotion.

The TF2 items will be the Ghastly Gibuses: Everyone has them, but they're not quite as ugly as the Gibus.

Thoughts?

Edit: Pros WILL be tradable relatively soon, but they are not right now. I'd guess they're like refined metal as well.

Selgin1
05-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Are pros tradable?

DaSpaidarPIG
05-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Nothing, SMNC sucks.

Triforceformer
05-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Are pros tradable?

They will be. Chances are they will be super duper valuable.

Nothing, SMNC sucks.

Was wondering when someone like you would show up.

Teleportalist
05-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Are pros tradable?

Doesn't seem like it, sadly. I was really hoping to trade my Gunslinger for a Captain Spark.

Triforceformer
05-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Doesn't seem like it, sadly. I was really hoping to trade my Gunslinger for a Captain Spark.

You will be able to. They just want to...keep the market under control for now?

Selgin1
05-11-2012, 06:46 PM

Was hoping to trade my unusual for Leo. Effing love Leo.

Triforceformer
05-11-2012, 06:46 PM

Leo + Massive Air + Jumpy Spunky = "I'm BatLeo."

Sgt Frag
05-11-2012, 06:48 PM
They can't keep it under control. Whenever they 'open it up' it will go out of control.

How will they control it, by not letting items be traded now, next month, next year?

Currently all I've seen tradeable is the little 'upgrades' whatever they are called. 10% crit bonus, etc..
It's like trading weapons in TF2. Sure that's alright if you want a jag but... pretty lame market

|マed
05-11-2012, 06:50 PM
No... Just... No.

Selgin1
05-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Leo + Massive Air + Jumpy Spunky = "I'm BatLeo."

No no you gotta say it in the Christian Bale voice... right before you botrush them with buffed Fujis.

Triforceformer
05-11-2012, 06:51 PM
They can't keep it under control. Whenever they 'open it up' it will go out of control.

How will they control it, by not letting items be traded now, next month, next year?

Currently all I've seen tradeable is the little 'upgrades' whatever they are called. 10% crit bonus, etc..
It's like trading weapons in TF2. Sure that's alright if you want a jag but... pretty lame market

Everything except Endorsements and Pros are tradable right now. So not sure what you're referring to.

No... Just... No.
Why not?

Teleportalist
05-11-2012, 06:55 PM
It seems a little silly that Endorsements aren't tradable at the moment. I really can't wait to get a Captain Spark, though :P

Mewtew
05-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Get your filthy hands off of my SMNC you damn dirty trader.

Ropeburn
05-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Well, I've gotten about 10 refined worth of stuff from trading my extra drops in SMNC so far. Hellooooo Bill's hat!

Triforceformer
05-11-2012, 06:57 PM

Look, I hardly trade at all. But this is something we HAVE to work out before it's too late and the metal hoarders screw everything over or something.

FriedGerry
05-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Do it next week as he was nerfed to ♥♥♥♥ this week

loldis

Selgin1
05-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Do it next week as he was nerfed to ♥♥♥♥ this week

Other than the ridiculously heavy-handed Adoration nerf, the rest wasn't THAT bad...

Rexic The King
05-11-2012, 07:02 PM

would you actually trade a unusual for leo?

ForeverSoldier
05-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Other than the ridiculously heavy-handed Adoration nerf, the rest wasn't THAT bad...

Yeah, really. To be fair, Leo was the next greatest sharpshooter during patch 4. Nerfing Adoration of the AI to 15 seconds at level 4 is utter crap though. :rolleyes:

(Does have Leo, but you may want to play him for the free week before shelling out THAT MUCH for him.)

NuclearKangaroo
05-11-2012, 07:05 PM
They will be. Chances are they will be super duper valuable.

dont think so, they can be bought with CCs, in fact i was thinking about saving up some metal to buy a low level pro, something like a gunner or the assault, cuz combat girl is gonna be my next CC purchase (i was torn between her and support, but the engi uniform sealed the deal for me)

i say the chikey hat will be worth a bills or something along those lines

is not limited (as far as we know) but it can only be obtained by drops, it cannot be bought, which means assault got scammed big time in the trading trailer

Selgin1
05-11-2012, 07:05 PM
would you actually trade a unusual for leo?

It's possible depending on value. But the unusual I have in mind is kind of crap. The few matches I played with him were the most fun I've had so far in SMNC though.

FriedGerry
05-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Tbh his Mona Laser did need a nerf but not this much of a nerf. And since he loses damage, it takes longer to charge and he's in a worse state for pvp

Selgin1
05-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Tbh his Mona Laser did need a nerf but not this much of a nerf. And since he loses damage, it takes longer to charge and he's in a worse state for pvp

It'd be fine if they buffed the charge rate per point of damage. That would be perfectly balanced I think.

NuclearKangaroo
05-11-2012, 07:10 PM
also even after i make my SMNC real money pruchase, I AM NOT SELLING MY PROMOS, feels good to have something really valuable

i only wish SMNC had some sort of trading currency, like TF2 metal, right now, metal and keys is still the most dominant currency on steam trading

Selgin1
05-11-2012, 07:12 PM
also even after i make my SMNC real money pruchase, I AM NOT SELLING MY PROMOS, feels good to have something really valuable

i only wish SMNC had some sort of trading currency, like TF2 metal, right now, metal and keys is still the most dominant currency on steam trading

What if you could trade coins?

FriedGerry
05-11-2012, 07:22 PM
It'd be fine if they buffed the charge rate per point of damage. That would be perfectly balanced I think.
Perhaps. We'll see next rule change I suppose

Rexic The King
05-11-2012, 07:28 PM
It's possible depending on value. But the unusual I have in mind is kind of crap. The few matches I played with him were the most fun I've had so far in SMNC though.

well Id do this.I sent a pm for talking

NuclearKangaroo
05-11-2012, 08:31 PM
What if you could trade coins?

well id be good because wed have a proper currency and a exchange rate could be entablished between metal and credits and other steam trading games

but i dunno what effects it would have on the store economy, the F2P section i mean, you could probably get anything you want by a price lower than the store's, the idea is to entablish a trading community not a parallel market

maybe endos could work as currency once they are tradable, they have value by themselves and they drop by the millions