PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon and AW1 has no allied AI?

Sorenzo4
05-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Hey

Am I the only one who's struck by the fact that the original Ghost Recon and AW 1 have absolutely no AI for your own soldiers?

Apparently, the only way to get soldiers to do anything at all - INCLUDING FOLLOWING YOU - in Ghost Recon is to manually control them.
In AW1, the soldiers CAN be ordered to move a specific place, but none of the other orders seem to work, nor does there seem to be a way to access them without having to go into a menu, meaning, you can't control them while being fired at or you'll be unable to fire back. And even if you risk this, you can't get them to actually attack.

It seems that all of the hotkeys for controlling your allies have no function whatsoever, and they don't seem to be outfitted with any kind of AI functions other than guarding the area they start in.

In other words, you have a game where the crucial gameplay element is your reliance on your squad mates, but these squad mates are only capable of doing one thing - Standing around.

AW 2 seems to work okay. I'll redact my commentary on the enjoyability of the gameplay, as I've not played it for long.

It's a shame, really, because AW 1 seems like it could have been fun.

cidien
05-18-2012, 06:10 AM
I have this same problem. If I paid more than 2.50 for the game I'd be upset. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix? I thought maybe my Razer Hex was messing it up but rebinding the key to a keyboard key didn't work either. As the OP said, I can order them individually to specific locations but that's it. Running win7 64bit, which has been reported to run the game fine by others.