PDA

View Full Version : Potential 2v2 Issues PC version

c0nbine
05-18-2012, 07:09 PM
First of all, sorry if there has been a thread on this already. I have a group of friends trying to do 2v2 matches (not locally, we know about the live issue) and absolutely every combination of team causes the character select screen to go into an infinite "Waiting for player(s)" screen.

Another interesting/coincidental thing that has happened since we got this game a few days ago is that we are perfectly capable of playing 2v1's all day long in ranked, but we have NEVER run into 2v2's. Occasionally we'd run into an instant "could not join lobby" error, and now we're going to have to assume that for some reason the PC's online portion is completely broken for 4 player matches.

Does anyone else want to test this out? This could turn out to be a very serious problem, and I don't remember ever reading up/hearing about this for the console release even pre-patch.

We must look into this so perhaps by small chance we can help make sure the upcoming pc patch doesn't accidentally skip over this selling-point feature of the game that doesn't seem to be working at all.

habsfan13
05-18-2012, 07:17 PM
As one of the aforementioned friends, I would quickly like to add that each of us have set our routers to DMZ mode to be sure of no port issues or the like.

1v1's work, and 2v1's, but the 2v2's do seem to be the issue.

Krackatoa
05-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Have you actually checked your ports to see if they're forwarded? If you're running multiple routers on your network, you may not be able to simply set things to DMZ and be on your way. I had a problem for years where the problem ended up being that my modem make was actually a ♥♥♥♥ty refurbished router/modem with the ports removed.

That's likely completely different from your problem though.

Not sure if it's something inherent in the netcode, or that the OTHER team of two players may have port issues.

jd2504
05-18-2012, 09:36 PM
i've hear this before somewhere else, and i got it too, i doub it has anything to do with routers... and yeah 1v2 with perfectly, only 2v2 is bugged.
i hope the patch fix this, coop play is a lot more fun and rewarding.

Liorren
05-19-2012, 12:45 AM
i've hear this before somewhere else, and i 1v2 with perfectly, only 2v2 is bugged.

Did you try 1v2 with different players?

BongMong
05-19-2012, 03:05 PM
I also have this problem. My system has a fully operational UPnP setup and the game is let through the firewall, but I cannot get in to a 2v2 game. This, coupled with the Xbox controller diagonal bug, is at the top of my frustration list.

BongMong
05-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Right, let's really try to solve this thing. I have a well setup network arrangement that I understand. This shouldn't be happening.

So, let's see what we all have in common, right? All those suffering, please list:

Firewall software: Windows Firewall
ISP: VirginMedia
Internet connection: Cable DOCSIS 3
Router: VM Superhub (Netgear all-in-one cable modem/router)
Connection to router: Gigabit wired Ethernet
Network card chipset (lan/wifi card): Nvidia

And if you know, do you have ECN switched on? You may have done this with 'TCP Optimizer' or some such programme. Mine is currently on.

I'm particularly interested in your OS as I'm wondering what effect the XP stack has compared to the Vista or Win7 stacks. I'm thinking we may have an ECN issue or some such. Thing is, I hesitate to test online because I'm like a multiplayer bomb. If I join a team and the game is started I take out the whole game for everyone. Lobby death, as the host has to crash out to escape the never ending wait. Not a way to win friends.

So, can we use some good old community support to work out what's happening here? Please share.

K11
05-21-2012, 01:57 PM
I've been playing 2v2s but only locally with 4 Logitech F700 on my PC. But i will test 2v2 on the internet to check that issue.

BongMong
05-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks K11, but do give us your vital statistics as well won't you.

@Everyone else: Come on folks, join in. Make with the info as I have and perhaps we'll have a chance of getting the engine to turn over on this thing.

c0nbine
05-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Some more friends bought the game and we were able to do more isolated tests. After the tests we have so far concluded that two of the first few friends w'tested this with cannot be on any team at all, 2v1 or 2v2. I'll get them to post their PC specs soon, but if we can find something in common, we can work towards a possible fix. All other team combinations seemed to work, but so far i've been unable to actually get enough people online at once to test 4 player without the broken players being part of it.

habsfan13
05-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Firewall software: Windows Firewall
ISP: Bell Canada
Router: 2Wire 2701HG-G
Connection to router: Gigabit wired Ethernet
Network card chipset (lan/wifi card): Nvidia

Can't be on a team at all or we lock up.

If you need any other specs let me know and I'll grab what I can.

BongMong
05-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Hmm, NVIDIA gigabit network card and Win7 x64 in common so far. Noted, thanks.