PDA

View Full Version : Why do shadows on high look like crap?

Bish0p
05-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Seriously I have seen some ugly shadows before but this is the year 200 ugly in shadows.. Why do I cast shadows that look like boxes? I set all my options to max and that's supposed to be "high" shadows? lol..
Seriously.. lol.. That is LOL, laughable.. Please fix the shadows, they are horrendous.. Rest of the game looks nice though. ;)

yurieu
05-29-2012, 11:54 PM
here goes some bad shadow pics, i want to know if anyone know it.
its all on full:

http://s8.postimage.org/qsizsm5wl/Sem_t_tulo2.jpg

http://s16.postimage.org/yx2n15gvp/Sem_t_tulo.jpg

i posted this somewhere but i think this deserves a thread.

and people call me hater...:p

shadows like that, no way including a lantern so... impossible:o

sometimes i think im playing a beta game... bugs, bugs, bugs and no end, no cutscene, no sound, no nothing.

Maboroshi
05-30-2012, 05:57 AM
What the hell? My shadows are on medium and are WAY WAY WAY better looking than that... I'm sure its a game glitch or something

yurieu
05-30-2012, 06:06 AM
What the hell? My shadows are on medium and are WAY WAY WAY better looking than that... I'm sure its a game glitch or something

please man, do the same procedure i did, its on the begining of stage, will be easy, with printscreen on pait, of the same spot and angle.

i do no want to reinstall it , my internet is sooo slow.:P

Maboroshi
05-30-2012, 06:10 AM
please man, do the same procedure i did, its on the begining of stage, will be easy, with printscreen on pait, of the same spot and angle.

i do no want to reinstall it , my internet is sooo slow.:P

Wait I don't understand, sorry

KayJayKiD
05-30-2012, 08:44 AM
I have everything on max settings and my shadows look perfect, no pixelated shadows anywhere.
Update your drivers or reinstall the game.

yurieu
05-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Wait I don't understand, sorry
no prob dude! my fault misspelling :P:confused:

this print i took is from 2nd stage, in the begining. could you take a print the exact place i did and post is in postimage.com(very easy)to show how it is on ur system? if mine is problematic, i will do something, maybe i would win some more frames.

Metal_Izanagi
05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Shadows don't even look that bad on low...might want to check your drivers. If they're up-to-date, they might be corrupted. Maybe set the executable priority to "high" in task manager, and verify file integrity. If none of that works, try reinstalling the game, and rebooting. If /that/ doesn't work, I'll try to think of something else. I don't like seeing people having an even more annoying time playing an already-buggy game. Crappy shadows are just going to make it seem worse. D:

KayJayKiD
05-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Just tested it and it seems that this one room is bugged.
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9105/raccooncity201205302016.png
Anyway all other shadows on the other places are perfectly fine. It must be the room.

Metal_Izanagi
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Strange. Something else to add to the list of things Slant Six needs to patch, if Capcom ever lets them.

Delitus
05-30-2012, 03:57 PM
My shadows glitch out in a way similar to the screenshot after using alt-tab (to work around the sound bug...). So, I am either forced to duke it out without sound for an unknown period of time, or just deal with this atrocious visual anomaly.

yurieu
05-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Just tested it and it seems that this one room is bugged.
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9105/raccooncity201205302016.png
Anyway all other shadows on the other places are perfectly fine. It must be the room.

eheh i just know, it cant be the drivers. recently alan wake was running on 1 fps, so i fixed the driver instalation, now its just well installed.

boxed shadows, that is very bad!

KayJayKiD
05-31-2012, 12:15 AM
eheh i just know, it cant be the drivers. recently alan wake was running on 1 fps, so i fixed the driver instalation, now its just well installed.

boxed shadows, that is very bad!
Well it's just the one room and it's even on a spot where you shouldn't look at because it's the wrong way direction (also a reason why almost nobody noticed it).

arukAdo
05-31-2012, 03:54 AM
It does happen in different places, not just that room, its tricky to notice because its often only in specific angles

yurieu
05-31-2012, 04:11 AM
as the man said, its featured in that place till now. some others run fine, but i will not search for other macroblocked shadows, i will let this to slant six.

Crusader_bin
05-31-2012, 08:48 AM
Only thing that looks good in this game are models, textures and brushes are taken straight from 1999 :)

Metal_Izanagi
05-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Just noticed the shadow thing myself. It's only in that area. Weird.

yurieu
05-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Only thing that looks good in this game are models, textures and brushes are taken straight from 1999 :)

you mean the characters models and textures, eh?
they are good, nemesis face is good(i cant say the rest due too black clothes)

i only wish the team werent using masks,whats the problem with human faces!? human face cant be mysterious too?:o even this smilie is!