PDA

View Full Version : Metro Last Light release date

HomerPepsi
05-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Anyone know what it is?

benetti32
05-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Q1 2013 according to a few sources, Steam date is wrong. Let's hope it will be worth the wait...

Bulletooth
05-24-2012, 03:46 PM
February 2013. it was planned to be released in August this year, but the devs didn't have time for multiplayer. THQ first wanted to cut off the multiplayer, but then decided to include it, giving 4A more time to work on it

theyarecoming4u
05-25-2012, 09:13 AM
I cannot fathom why they would want to add multiplayer to Metro: Last Light. Just look at Far Cry 2, Bioshock 2 or STALKER - all were primarily singleplayer games that had multiplayer bolted on. None of them maintained a userbase more than a month or two after launch.

The games that do well with multiplayer are those that build the entire game around it. Just look at Battlefield 3, Call Of Duty, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, etc. Whatever singleplayer they have - if indeed any - is shallow and isn't the main attraction.

I am hugely looking forward to Last Light but mainly for the singleplayer. I can certainly imagine multiplayer working well but I just don't think it's going to get enough focus to justify the effort. If uses Steamworks for multiplayer then that will certainly help its chances but does anyone seriously believe people will still be playing it one year later, let alone five years later like Team Fortress 2?

Bulletooth
05-27-2012, 06:04 PM
I cannot fathom why they would want to add multiplayer to Metro: Last Light. Just look at Far Cry 2, Bioshock 2 or STALKER - all were primarily singleplayer games that had multiplayer bolted on. None of them maintained a userbase more than a month or two after launch.

The games that do well with multiplayer are those that build the entire game around it. Just look at Battlefield 3, Call Of Duty, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, etc. Whatever singleplayer they have - if indeed any - is shallow and isn't the main attraction.

I am hugely looking forward to Last Light but mainly for the singleplayer. I can certainly imagine multiplayer working well but I just don't think it's going to get enough focus to justify the effort. If uses Steamworks for multiplayer then that will certainly help its chances but does anyone seriously believe people will still be playing it one year later, let alone five years later like Team Fortress 2?

actually, STALKER multiplayer maintained a wide fanbase for quite a while, at least here in eastern Europe.
does a game's multiplayer really have to last for years to justify its existence? besides, like i said, the multiplayer doesn't interfere with a campaign here. for some 6 hours of gameplay isn't enough, and I can understand that. why not make it a little more?