PDA

View Full Version : Armor

JRMC01
05-28-2012, 03:50 AM
I noticed that playing w/o armor, on the hardest difficulty, on Single-Player is the same as going with full armor.
Is it like that on Multiplayer?

arafeli
05-28-2012, 09:11 AM
I noticed that playing w/o armor, on the hardest difficulty, on Single-Player is the same as going with full armor.
Is it like that on Multiplayer?

more or less
you will mainly die in mp when you will cover one side and the enemy will come from the other side with shotgun (most of the time)
no amount of armor will help you from 0 range shot

FRESHKIDTEX
05-28-2012, 09:44 AM
No armor makes you faster but you die quicker for intance 1 desert eagle shot can kill you, max armor needs a minimal of 2( same for raging bull) you also take less damage from explosions and you take more bullets, at the loss of speed. i normally dont wear armor but when i have a lmg or a shotgun i go full armor just so i can take a few more bullets in case i miss my first shot

GenericAmerican
05-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Armor's effectiveness is almost minimal really.

And to add to the stupidity, there is only 3 levels at which it gives you any protection bonus. I believe they are at 3, 5, and 7 bars on the armor meter. Anymore or any less than those 3 numbers gives you no extra or less protection and only costs you mobility.

x3cPeasant
06-29-2012, 02:44 PM
No armor makes you faster but you die quicker for intance 1 desert eagle shot can kill you, max armor needs a minimal of 2( same for raging bull) you also take less damage from explosions and you take more bullets, at the loss of speed. i normally dont wear armor but when i have a lmg or a shotgun i go full armor just so i can take a few more bullets in case i miss my first shot

This is the most true of all the posts.

You either want speed or protection; so if you go with a light vest and no other armor, you will run faster making it easier to stalk, evade, etc. but less shots from an AR or pistol will kill you.

If you want to balance speed and protection, that is perfectly possible too... i use a medium vest, one arm guard on my shooting arm, and no leg armor, balancing body protection with speed. if you use a riot shield i would swap out the vest for leg guards.

Then if you just want protection by sacrificing speed, you can take full or almost full armor, the game indicates what your mobility/protection levels are while you choose so it is made easy. you will be well protected against most weapons and explosives, but cannot move very fast.

Headshots are still very lethal no matter what protection you use, and there are very good players out there, i would go with medium to save yourself from the obvious,people shooting at you, but you want enough mobility to outrun, flank, evade them.