PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Mill Cache

KLM606
05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Just happened to land at Molokai at 4am, and caught a 3000xp 'Sugar Mill', just before the runway.
Couldn't find it on the list.
Any one know?

wlayton27
05-30-2012, 08:50 PM
It appears that MS has unlocked all aerocaches of the day. Don't know how long this is supposed to last or even if it's intentional. Never heard any announcements about it.

Avsim Forums (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/374947-two-aerocaches-today/) has a topic discussing all of the aerocaches that people have found that aren't listed in the aerocache menu.

Thanks for posting the location of the sugar mill. I've been looking for that one actually.

KLM606
05-31-2012, 07:27 AM
OOPS!!
Sorry, it's on Maui, in front of runway 2.

wlayton27
05-31-2012, 08:20 AM
OOPS!!
Sorry, it's on Maui, in front of runway 2.

Oh well, I must have it already. Had already checked Kahului's runways for it.

FS Tester
05-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Based on some flights I've conducted over the last couple of days, as far as I can tell, not all past AOTD aerocaches are available - only those listed on the Aerocache page (https://microsoftflight.com/en-us/aerocache/) on the Flight website.

For the Free-To-Play (Big Island) subset, there are six aerocaches listed on the website that are not shown in the game as collectable:

BIG ISLAND COFFEE
HAKALAU BRIDGE
HONOKOHAU MARINA
KOLEKOLE BRIDGE
KONA COAST SHIPPING
POHAKULOA TRAINING AREA

For the Hawaiian Adventure Pack subset, there are 27:

ALA WAI HARBOR
BIG BEACH
HALEAKALA CRATER
HANAUMA BAY
HEEIA PIER
HTS OAHU
KAANAPALI BEACH
KAHULUI HARBOR
KAHUKU ARMY AIRFIELD
KILAUEA LIGHTHOUSE
MAKAI PIER
MAUNA LEI GULCH
MCAF
MIGHTY MO
MOLOKAI VORTAC
MOUNT KALA
NAWILIWILI HARBOR
NUAAILUA BAY
OLOMANA PEAK
PALI HIGHWAY 61
PORT ALLEN MARINA
RED AND WHITE TOWER
SOUTH KAUAI VOR
SUGAR MILL
WAILAU VALLEY
WAIMEA BEACH BRIDGE
WAIMOKU FALLS

Some of these have already appeared as AOTDs, so if you collected them in the past, you will not be able to collect them again.

If you collect them now, and they subsequently show up as an AOTD in the future, they will show up as collected. (This was the case for me with the current ALA WAI HARBOR aerocache)

Other previous AOTD aerocaches that you did not collect on the day are not available, based on my testing.

Hope this helps with your aerocache hunting. Have fun!:)

KLM606
05-31-2012, 12:10 PM
mmm, Kilauea Lighthouse on Kauai , east of Princeville, does not show up on my Hawaiian pack, as you said, but I just found it flying around, 3000xp, just now.

thanks for the tips.

FS Tester
05-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Good to hear.

FYI, by my calculation, as of today, there are a total of 152 aerocaches that could have been collected since Flight was released:

Free-To-Play:.......................19
Hawaiian-Adventure-Pack....67
AOTDs.................................66
Total..................................152

I should also add that actually, only 151 could have been collected. One of the AOTD aerocaches - Maluaka Beach - had a bug & was unobtainable, so was replaced that day with Maui Wind Enery Project, which carried over to the following day.

PileOfMush
06-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Too bad if you find an AotD, it doesn't stay in your list in-game so you know you found it already.

FS Tester
06-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes, it would be nice to have the AOTDs added to your in-game list of aerocaches.:)

The following list may be of interest or help to some folks.

It is a list of all the daily aerocaches to-date, based upon ones I have personally collected, plus the names of others gleaned from other forums and help from other users (so this list should be seen as a community effort)

A few caveats and notes on the list to be aware of:

This list has not been corrected to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time. Depending on where you live, your timezone may obviously be different than mine. So, my "today" may be your "tommorow". Or, to give an example, the aerocache I list for "April 15" would have been seen by you on "April 16".
There was a period roughly between April 17 & May 19 when there were two aerocaches of the day. One had the choice of collecting one, other or both. So, depending on what you chose to do, your aerocache(s) of the day during this period could be significantly different than mine.
There were a couple of days (at least) when there was an AOTD "Glitch", resulting in the bad aerocache geing removed & replaced by a new one.
There was a period when I was not online, so do did not collect the AOTDs, nor have I been able to determine the name. These are therefore listed as "UNKNOWN". If you happen to know the name, please let us all know.
The names shown in parentheses are the names that may well be wrong. If you know the true name, please let us know.
Aerocache of the Day List
MARCH 01 - NAWILIWILI HARBOR
MARCH 02 - HONOKOHAU MARINA
MARCH 03 - HTS OAHU
MARCH 04 - MOUNT KAALA
MARCH 05 - PALI HIGHWAY
MARCH 06 - KONA SHIPPING
MARCH 07 - SUGAR MILL
MARCH 08 - WAILAU VALLEY
MARCH 09 - WAIMEA BEACH BRIDGE
MARCH 10 - POHAKULOA TRAINING AREA
MARCH 11 - WAIMOKU FALLS
MARCH 12 - BIG BEACH
MARCH 13 - HANAUMA FALLS
MARCH 14 - KOLEKOLE BRIDGE
MARCH 15 - MCAF
MARCH 16 - HEEIA PIER
MARCH 17 - KAANAPALI BEACH
MARCH 18 - BIG ISLAND COFFEE
MARCH 19 - KAHUKU ARMY AIRFIELD
MARCH 20 - KAMOHIO BAY
MARCH 21 - KAPAPA ISLAND
MARCH 22 - LAUPAHOEHOE POINT
MARCH 23 - KILAUEA LIGHTHOUSE
MARCH 24 - KOKO HEAD
MARCH 25 - MAALEAA HARBOR
MARCH 26 - LOKOAKA POND
MARCH 27 - MAKAPUU BEACH
MARCH 28 - MALUAKA BEACH {Note: Unobtainable. was replaced by MAUI WIND ENERGY PROJECT
MARCH 29 - MAUI WIND ENERGY PROJECT
MARCH 30 - MAUNA KEA-HONOLII RAVINE
MARCH 31 - POLIHUA BEACH

APRIL 01 - PUU KUKUI
APRIL 02 - SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS SITE
APRIL 03 - MAUNA LOA CALDERA
APRIL 04 - TURTLE BAY
APRIL 05 - WAILEA BEACH
APRIL 06 - BARKING SHACK
APRIL 07 - ONOMEA BAY
APRIL 08 - BIG AND LITTLE RADAR
APRIL 09 - WAIMEA DISHES
APRIL 10 - HALAWA BAY
APRIL 11 - ABANDONED WIND FARM
APRIL 12 - HONOKOHAU BAY
APRIL 13 - JURASSIC FALLS
APRIL 14 - KALOHI-PAILOLO CHANNELS
APRIL 15 - UPOLU RIVER
APRIL 16 - KUALAPUU DIAMOND
APRIL 17 - YOKOHAMA BEACH
APRIL 18 - IAO VALLEY
APRIL 19 - KAMUELA
APRIL 20 - LISTENING CAREFULLY
APRIL 21 - MAKAHA COMMUNICATIONS
APRIL 22 - PHMK
APRIL 23 - WAIPIO
APRIL 24 - PAPOHAKU BEACH
APRIL 25 - PORT ALLEN MARINA
APRIL 26 - PUU LUA RESERVOIR
APRIL 27 - STELLAR VIEWS
APRIL 28 - SANDY BEACH MOLOKAI
APRIL 29 - SOUTH KAUAI VOR
APRIL 30 - WAIMEA BRIDGE

MAY 01 - KAI LAE
MAY 02 - BARBER'S POINT LIGHTHOUSE
MAY 03 - MOKOLII
MAY 04 - RED AND WHITE TOWER
MAY 05 - LAWAI STREAM or "DESERTED WIND FARM"
MAY 06 - KAAAWA VALLEY or "WAILEA BEACH"
MAY 07 - KAENA POINT
MAY 08 - KOOLAU RANGE
MAY 09 - 304 DEGREES To UPOLU
MAY 10 - UNKNOWN
MAY 11 - MOLOKAI VORTAC
MAY 12 - "RADIO SATELLITE DISH"
MAY 13 - WHEELER WATERWAY
MAY 14 - NIMITZ BEACH
MAY 15 - PUU KAHUAULI
MAY 16 - UNKNOWN
MAY 17 - UNKNOWN
MAY 18 - MIGHTY MO
MAY 19 - SOUTHWARD FROM CIVILIZATION
MAY 20 - "RABBIT ISLAND"
MAY 21 - "Between Upolu Point and Kamuela VOR's"
MAY 22 - UTAH MEMORIAL
MAY 23 - "DILLINGHAM HOUSES"
MAY 24 - JOHN RODGERS STORAGE
MAY 25 - WAIAKEA POND
MAY 26 - PUU WAA WAA RANCH CALDERA
MAY 27 - LAKE WAIAU
MAY 28 - BETWEEN THE ISLANDS
MAY 29 - SOUTH KAUAI VOR (REPEAT)
MAY 30 - ALA WAI HARBOR
MAY 31 - HALEAKAKA CRATER

If you spot any errors, please let us all know. I've tried to ensure the accuracy of this list, but do not pretend that it is perfect! :)

DreadMetis
06-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Yo, very nice work you made there FS Tester !!

I permitted myself to relay your post and precious informations to the AvSim Flight forum.

This link to another Flight forum may help too, it contains a kind of listing day by day, with some pictures and tips sometimes :

http://msflightforum.myfastforum.org/forum3.php

FS Tester
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks, DreadMetis. No problem posting this information elsewhere, as I don't have the time to view or participate in every Flight forum out there, and the more folks this information helps within the Flight community, the better!

FYI, I've also posted a GUID-to-Name list here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2730411), for those that might be trying to match the preview pictures in the aerocache folder to their names.

paulskpt
12-02-2013, 12:29 PM
The aerocache on Turtle Bay does not show. Anyone has an idea how this can happen? Tried in 2 different days. (via Steam)