PDA

View Full Version : Game is not bad... just very irritating

dogstar060763
05-31-2012, 01:31 AM
I quite enjoy Raccoon City - I think the basic gameplay is mostly fine. I find the PC version behaves pretty well, too (some sound problems as others have mentioned, but nothing game-breaking).

My issue that the game itself is just plain irritating: repetitive boss battles I just cannot be bothered to keep restarting because I keep failing (and I'm playing on 'Casual')...this is isn't fun and for me it's a deal-breaker. Either a game is fun and wants you to play, or it is just deliberately irritating and takes a certain joy in kicking you out of the experience time and again.

Sadly, RE:ORC is the latter. Very disappointed. I know I will never bother to finish this one. The developers have only themselves to blame - all that effort wasted,just because they thought 'Casual' meant 'Veteran'...another ending I will never see. Ho hum.

arukAdo
05-31-2012, 04:07 AM
If by boss battle you mean leon, you can simply use sniper from very far (he take a bit more than 50 bullets in the head, think they screwed difficulties he always have same ammount of hp)

Otherwise I would just suggest to play online, it will probably help since bots are crappy, be sure to always have berta in the group since shes the medic and respawn with a aid spray

Using Four Eyes is always better, just make sure you have lvl3 infection and control, in that mission with 2 mr X and tonnes of hunters it make it a whole lot easier to control them and attack each others, help as well for the nemesis

Not to spoil you or anything but theres barrely an ending anyway lol, I think its less than a minute in all seriousness

Metal_Izanagi
05-31-2012, 09:01 AM
No matter which choice you pick at the end, the ending cinematic is so quick you can look away for a moment, thinking there's an actual rendered cutscene, and not an in-game one, and you'll miss it, and the credits.

arukAdo
05-31-2012, 10:51 AM
The credits are very long, but you might miss half of the ending if your eyes blink at the wrong moment yeah lol

Metal_Izanagi
05-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, you can miss the credits if someone skips them, which most people do nowadays, since there aren't many "new" players flowing in.

arukAdo
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
I actually never made it to the credits in team but yeah thats probly right lol

Does the others 2 poor guys that just died really have to wait the others take on leon? pretty lame ...